Guest TroJanMan112

05-06 King Of The Bluegrass

I didn't see Marks wrestle.

I don't know what happened during Malcolm's constalation match I was preoccupied laughing at some nasty old man that was there lol......Anyone that was there knows what I'm talking about, and 130 looked good, the kid Malcolm lost to from Reitz was tough, real tough but I think Malcolm could get him on a different day.

Results from KOBG

103-Shane Parks{Woodford}

112-New Albany over Luna{Eastern}

119-Caleb Wood {Fern Creek}

125-Derek Scott {South Oldham}

130-Lucas Robertson{Reitz}

135-Ben Case{Trinity}

140-Daniel Thueinamen (Scott{

145-Harrison Courtney{Woodford County}

152-John Wolseifer{Fern Creek}

160-Chad Fyffe{Woodford County}

171-Will Starks{Woodford County}

189-Richard Starks{Woodford County}

215-Taylor Scherer{South Oldham}

275-Mike Clark{Trinity}

John Wolseifer wasnamed MOW

Shane Parks final was a good one Fyffe looked good Wolsifier looked very impressive Courtney beat Jeremy Kempf from Reitz in the semis and looked good Wood had some tough matches Woodford took second Reitz took first Woodford was still without some of their big dogs but they will be back soon

Courtney beat Jeremy Kempf from Reitz in the semis and looked good

Man I thought Harrison was going to just get ate up on his feet and that's where the kid would make sure the match stayed, but Harrison was just too good on the mat for him.

Harrison's win over Kempf was a nice victory over #5 ranked IN wrestler.

The other ranked kid from Reitz was Robertson who won his weight at 130lbs and looked good doing it, he was pushed hard by Jackson and the New Albany kid in the finals.

Daniel Murner, what an all around athelete. I saw he only lost to Caleb Wood by one. A cross country state champ last year and 3rd this year (South Oldham moved to large school in Cross Country, so it was harder), and very competitive wrestler who placed last year in wrestling as well. Wow.

Malcolm Jackson didn't even come close to Robertson. He loist by pin and then he was beaten badly by Bowldes of Trinity i dont think he could beat them on hi s best day.

hmmm...a good wrestler moving to #1 ranked woodford county for his senior year....i hope he's not pulling a fast one like that kid from highlands in football mike mitchell. it would be a shame for woodford to have to forfeit all of their meets.

pioneer,

I moved to woodford for my senior yr only(99), as did rick mcclain (97) and others...good teams attract good wrestlers. Slugantz(01) was from Indiana but moved to woodford as a soph. there isn't one thing illegal as long as the kid has a residence in the county. Its not recruiting either woodford has enough good wrestlers to make up three lexington teams so no one is guarnteed a spot when they get there. Its called tradition and it flows like wine in versailles, KY!!

KYgrappler

kygrappler....i realize why wrestlers want to go there. i understand there's a tradition there. however, you may be misinformed about the residency thing. i suggest you read up on the mike mitchell case from highlands. his family had a "residency" in the school district, yet the khsaa declared him ineligible and said it was not a legal move. highlands' official record 2 years ago was something like 2-14, state champs...because they played a player ruled ineligible. mike mitchell didn't get to play in the state championship game. his family hired a lawyer and all kinds of crap.

btw - your attitude is exactly why 90% of the state looks at woodford wrestlers as arrogant and wants to see them all lose down state...then your moms are wandering the hallways whinning about why there's 4500 people in frankfort cheering when your guys lose down state. i've defended WC several times on this message board, and there's always some yahoo like you on here making a statement like "it's called tradition and it flows like wine in versailes".... obviously you know NOTHING of tradition since you transferred there your senior year....can someone say BANDWAGON? way to build a tradition there hero!

Pioneer pride,

So true, so true. Non one denies that Joe and Rusty do an excellant job at Woodford. However the wrestlers there have an attitude problem.

You don't see the same Booing to Larue, Campbell, Sheldon Clark, or any of the other perenial powers in wrestling.

Kygrappler;

If you believe that building a tradition is taking from other districts you are sadly mistakin. building a tradition is just that, wrestlers moving up the ranks in the system, not transfering from another system.

pioneer and chums:

take all the personal shots you want...I got a ring...you don't. I transferred to the best program in the state to win..not to worry about how you all fell when you lose yr after yr after yr after yr after yr after yr after yr.

Lets not get too personal on a forum, either. you don;t know me i don;t know you lets leave it at that...if you want to meet me or talk in person I'll be at some matches over the break (wathcing my alma mater SPANK some other teams) I'd be more than happy to discuss why Woodford is so successful, hell I'll even let you in on some secrets of the team.

SECRET #1: We don't care what anyone else thinks about us....as long as we're winnin the titles they can think whatever they want. It would n;t be as fun if you all liked us.

BTW shouldn't you and others be proud that you have such a great program in your state???

GO to Iowa, OKlahoma, Michgan, Ohio, New Jersy, Florida anywhere and ask if they've heard of Larue or Campbell Co. The answer is hell no....then ask if they know woodford co. they will be able to tell you the coaches names...past wrestlers, etc. you don't get that kinda recongintion w/o decades of success.

As far as bandwagon goes...I can't even begin to address that b/c if i did you would instantly know who I am....and that takes the fun out of it. I suggest you get your woodford shirt now while there's still room on this wagon....BEAT the RUSH..SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL YELLOWJACKET!

KYg

you actually think people outside of this state have heard of WC? :lol::lol::lol::lol: Give me a break!!! oh wait, i'm sure that team from Ohio that doubled up your score at the hammer & anvil last year has heard of you. and yes, i have a ring too...so don't start puffin your chest up there chief. don't worry about revealing your secret identity....your secret's safe with me woodford99....oops...i suppose you didn't want your secret, secret identity leaked. :lol::lol:

btw - as since i'm pretty sure you are in fact the infamous woodford99, i thought you'd like to know that when you were making a fool of yourself on here before, i got several PMs from woodford guys on here saying ignore that creep...as one person put it "he's a nobody that thought he was somebody"

don't make it personal, and it won't be personal.

I think I will go and polish my 2 title rings also. That would be team title rings at that. OH and by the way we did it without any outside help, ie recruiting, we developed ours from the wee ages on up.

Spanking some other teams, hmmmm. I do believe WC earned a second place at the Oldham Co. Super Duals.

As for loyalty. Don't you feel any loyalty to the coach that taught you wrestling for 3 years before you went to WC?

Go where you want, I personally like Joe and Rusty. I just sometimes don't appreciate how their team acts on the floor.

Wrestling is more than just winning. It's about respect, dedication, loyalty. The reason wrestling is great is because you can be bitter enemies on the mat, but when it's over can be friends. Comradery, and the respect of other teams is what makes wrestling so great.

You unfortunatly did not learn most of this. I do however believe there are many who do at WC. Maybe not as many that should though.

Team titles mean nothing if you don't earn the respect with them, they are just hollow victories.

yea....what he said! i've also met some woodford guys who are totally cool & humble about their success....I don't know why i let a guy like this give me a bad impression of WC overall, but i do. i'm sure i'm not the only one.