littleschool130

favorite wrestler to watch from a different team at state

Thuneman would smoke,,, if he had that (mythical) fourth period going for him. He just figures it out too late, and he can go that long, once he decides how to beat Courtney, it's over. Courtney is better for that, he figures it out all the way DURING the match.

Thuneman would smoke,,, if he had that (mythical) fourth period going for him. He just figures it out too late, and he can go that long, once he decides how to beat Courtney, it's over. Courtney is better for that, he figures it out all the way DURING the match.

Well said. This is how i see things between Thueneman and Courtney. Courtney is always mentaly prepared. The both of them are absolutly AMAZING wrestlers. Thueneman seems to have that mental block like referred to earlier, and he takes awhile to get used to his match when under a lot of pressure. On the other hand, Courtney is mentaly dominating and is calm, cool, and collected all the way through his matches. From begining to end Courtney has his mojo working for him and his pace is steady. His mind is perfect and he doesnt seem to have any of those days where he can say "Dang! I wrestle like sh**!...still won tho..." Thueneman has alot of those days... his mind is shaky in the beginning of matches that presure him but after getting a feel for his oppenent he finds, and i mean unlocks the Thueneman power!, to beat who ever it is that very well can take it too him. I think when wrestling someone as good as Courtney, Thueneman takes alot longer to find a way to win, and by the time he does, its too late. When you see someone make comebacks like Thueneman did in his match with Courtney at State, (comebacks that leave your opponent helpless), you can not dought that he who makes his score rise is the better SKILLED wrestler. Its like "He had it in him all along", but the sleeping giant wasn't awakend with time in his favor.

Bottem line.

Courtney is good. Thueneman is better. Courtney knows how to prevail from start to finish. Thueneman learns how to prevail by the end of the second. He is smart, but Courtney is a genious. Courtney CAN whip your butt in 6 min, but Thueneman WILL whip your butt if given more.

Courtney knew this going into the match. Thueneman never figured this out. Courthey did something about it. Thueneman took a mindless risk. Its Brains Vs. Brawn in this match up. That allmost always has the same outcome.

I still disagree with you on Thuneman being the better wrestler Courtney wrestled him 3 times this year and always beat him if he takes time to get the "Feel" of his opponenet as you guys say he does you would think he would have by state time but apparently not Courtney is the better wrestler I personally think he has proven that

We were laughing so hard, I had to see when his matches were so we made sure we were there,, that was the only kid we watched for pure pleasure of watching, without the wrestling factor, ,, His Mom and the girl, we really liked the way they stomped their feet

MOM LOVES TOO WATCH THE FROG IN MOTION STOMPING IS JUST PURE PLEASURE HE IS A GREAT KID!!!!

I still disagree with you on Thuneman being the better wrestler Courtney wrestled him 3 times this year and always beat him if he takes time to get the "Feel" of his opponenet as you guys say he does you would think he would have by state time but apparently not Courtney is the better wrestler I personally think he has proven that

When i said it takes Thueneman time to "feel" out his opponents... i ment during the match, not over a long period of time. A mental block would disturb anything you would have planned on being ready for before the match starts...

So it is more like starting over each time you wrestle for Thueneman. During every match they have had and every match i have witness of the both of them, THUENEMAN still displays more technique, athleticism, strength, speed and over all skills. He is outstanding and still manages to be charismatic during his matches... even when he loses to Courtney, he looks the part of a better wrestler. He wrestles like the better wrestler. He is sound in every aspect of the game. Courtney wins whatever way he can whenever he feels like it the most. When i ask myself "who is the better wrestler?" i tend to look at more than just who has beaten who more. We know that both wrestlers are capable of beating eachother... Thueneman just hasn't proved it yet by doing so this year. But it is immature to look only at 3 matches that two wrestlers have had together that are always CRAZY CLOSE and say that the winner is without a dought the better wrestler.

If you wanted to look at things that way, then do your homework. Just only going by matches that they have wrestled eachother you could not deny in any way that DANIEL THUENEMAN is better. He is overall, 5 for 8 over Harrison Courtney. Courtney has just won the most resent 3 of thier matches together...

5 in a row! - Thueneman; 3 in a row - Courtney..... if only going by each wrestlers win and loses against one-another...

there is no dought that Theuneman is better, but just going by those cheap statisitcs that anyone wouldnt even have to pay any attention to so that they may understand and then picking between the two is immature. You must learn to look at the bigger picture.

Ok you guys are just riding the Thuneman bandwagon  Courtney is hands down the better wrestle, and he is mentally sound unlike your hero..I think he proved that at state when the match went into over time and courtney Threw ....yes i said Threw Thuenamen to his back and pinned him ....Courtney is the better wrestler accept the facts

Correction Courtney is 4-3 over Thuenemann Over the past few yrs. 1-2 his 7th grade yr  0-1 8th grade year  3-0 10th grade year.  Both are great wrestlers but Courtney has developed into the better wrestler you said it yourself Courtney wins anyway he can so that tells me something.

Courtney is a two time state champion and could possibly be Kentucky's next 4 timer. Thueneman has no state championships to his name, and in his most recent battles with Courtney (against a mature, HIGH SCHOOL age Courtney) owns no victories.  Sure, he beat Courtney in 7th and 8th grade. So what? Are we going to argue that Kellen Ashworth (ryle) and Zach Peters (trinity) are better too since they beat him in 7th grade at the state tournament? Does that mean that Joey Sanders is better since he beat him in the semi finals his 8th grade year?

Thueneman, as some have mentioned, has "more technique, athleticism, strength, speed and over all skills".  That pretty much covers a great wrestler right there, right?  Is there some unknown attribute that Courtney posesses the enables him to prevail over Thueneman?  Perhaps he is a Jedi and uses "the Force" , who knows?  In reality, it seems obvious that when you beat someone 3 consectutive times then maybe, just maybe, you are a little bit better as some part of the game. 

In the end Courtney gets it done when he needs to, and thats all I need to know in order to make my decision on who  the better wrestler is...

I keep having to read the same stuff over and over from different people.

Need i not repeat myself....

and get your facts straight there pal! Thueneman is 5-3 over Courtney. you are wrong.

He step up to 130 and beat him at the Dragon and state dual in the same year. then that year he put him into the consellations at state.

he previosly beat him Courtney 7th grade year 2ice. thanx...

and get your facts straight there pal! Thueneman is 5-3 over Courtney. you are wrong.

He step up to 130 and beat him at the Dragon and state dual in the same year. then that year he put him into the consellations at state.

Has he beaten him while Courtney was in high school?

No youre wrong i have the stats to back me up they never wrestled at state duals he wrestled parks at the state duals and parks beat him there so maybe you need to do the checking because courtney is 4-3 against Thuenemann plus he has never beat Courtney when Courtney was in high school

Another correction to you there, pal, they only wrestled once prior to this year at state and that was one of the 2 that courtney lost his 7th grade year.

I just feel that beating Courtney while he was a middle schooler holds little credibility in this arguement.  He was a 7th grader!!!  Still very young, not nearly as physically matured as a high schooler.  The high school Courtney is better than the highschool Thueneman.

Titan140,

Just a few questions.  How many state championships has Theuneman won?  How many has Courtney won?

Also Courtney beat Banks last year twice, once in the finals.  Who would win between Banks and Theuneman?  Remember to answer that question honestly :wink:.

i know this has been said many times on here in many different ways, but to think thunneman is a better wrestler is one thing, that's fine.  but to try to convince other people that even though courtney beat him 3 times this year....daniel is still a better wrestler, well that's just crazy.  no one's going to buy that.  daniel had his whole senior year on the line and lost down state.  he was 0-3 against courtney.  that is all the proof/analysis you need.  there was nothing controversial about the match down state or the match at the conner invite.  maybe there was wherever else they wrestled, but so what.  what do you want?  best 2 out of 3...no, best 3 out 5, no...best 4 out of 7???

You are correct.  I can't convince anyone who is better, nor will anyone convince me that Courtney is better. 

But I am also the one who believed that Carr Jr. was not as good his senior year as he was his Sophomore year.  I also did not believe that Knable was not as great as the pomp.

As I've said before.  The best player or team does not always win. 

I have to say that watching Byrd's throws is probably the most entertaining thing to see. You don't often see big men fly through the air like that.

As far as the Courtney-Thueneman debate you can say that the best team does not always win and I agree with that, but that can only be said when you've only lost once in a blue moon. Not when you've gone 0-3 and the other guy has two state championships.

Let's just put it this way, they are both excellent wrestlers and when they get together everyone wants to stop and watch to see who will come out on top.

You are correct.  I can't convince anyone who is better, nor will anyone convince me that Courtney is better. 

But I am also the one who believed that Carr Jr. was not as good his senior year as he was his Sophomore year.  I also did not believe that Knable was not as great as the pomp.

As I've said before.  The best player or team does not always win. 

That may go for a one time thing, but 3 times in a row goes too show who is a better wrestler. I cant believe this is even an arguement.

I'm not sure who the better wrestler is. Nor do I really care.

But it brings to mind a trio in the 1990's. 

Phil Hagen from Campbell Co. was probably the best wrestler at 171 that year.

He had a mental block with Micheal Benson (Woodford Co.) that year lost to him 3 times by 2 points

Phil Hagen defeated Thomas Sanders (Fairdale) handedly twice.  major and Tech pin.

Benson Could not defeat Sanders and lost 3 times to him.

Benson and Hegan met in the semi's Benson won by 2 for the 3rd time. Benson met Sanders in the finals and was defeated again by Sanders. 

Who is the best wrestler in this wt. class. 

Mental blocks can cost you.

I personally believe that Courtney should get the nod, not because he defeated Thuenerman the last 3 times, but because he got the job done.  Regardless, I would take either one of them on my team, and roll the dice against the other one.

I'm not sure who the better wrestler is. Nor do I really care.

But it brings to mind a trio in the 1990's. 

Phil Hagen from Campbell Co. was probably the best wrestler at 171 that year.

He had a mental block with Micheal Benson (Woodford Co.) that year lost to him 3 times by 2 points

Phil Hagen defeated Thomas Sanders (Fairdale) handedly twice.  major and Tech pin.

Benson Could not defeat Sanders and lost 3 times to him.

Benson and Hegan met in the semi's Benson won by 2 for the 3rd time. Benson met Sanders in the finals and was defeated again by Sanders. 

Who is the best wrestler in this wt. class. 

Mental blocks can cost you.

I personally believe that Courtney should get the nod, not because he defeated Thuenerman the last 3 times, but because he got the job done.  Regardless, I would take either one of them on my team, and roll the dice against the other one.

well said.

I can't believe this is even a discussion.  Courtney is and will be a better wrestler.  3-0 in one year, nuff said.  Mental block, whatever.  I don't care what the excuse is....if you lose three times?  Come on. 

Courtney is a 2x state champ working on 4x.  How many has Thueneman won?  He's a great wrestler don't get me wrong, but Courtney will go down as one of the state's all time best. 

I put him the Banks category.  Great wrestlers.  Should be state champs, but Courtney is special.  Most 4x state champs are.

People can say they don't believe the hype about some of these special wrestlers, but the fact is nobody can seem to step up and beat them.

How was Carr Jr. better as a sophomore than a senior?  Didn't he place second not only at senior nationals and junior nationals (freestyle) his senior year?  I do believe that Knable was not as good as most thought.