Sign in to follow this  
low_single

112 lbs. (the real state champion given the chance)

Cliff cornett from henry clay would have breazed through the state tournament as easily as the  119 matt zarth did had he been well enough to wrestle.  they have trained together for the past three years and each has improved as much as the other.  i am not taking anything away from travis sullivan's wrestling ability but any student of the game can see that cornett has superior speed, strength, and technique.  i would go so far as to say that the only points sullivan would score on him would be escapes.  bottom line... cornett would prevail 9 out of 10 times the two wrestled.  tell me what you think

I agree with thelowseed this thread is unnecessary.  I could make the case that if Steven Butler had wrestled then Woodford Co. would have been state champs but I'm not.  The fact is that bad things happen sometimes and people need to deal with it.  Cornett and Butler got hurt/was sick or whatever so they couldn't wrestle.  Quit with the sour grapes.

Cornett is a good wrestler, no doubt.  But I dont think he could have beaten Evans or Sullivan.  Had he wont his region, he would have had to wrestled Spencer in the second round, who might beat him, then Evans in the semis.  I dont think he would have got to Sullivan.  And if he did, Sullivan just knows how to win.  172-0 speaks for itself.

I agree with thelowseed this thread is unnecessary.  I could make the case that if Steven Butler had wrestled then Woodford Co. would have been state champs but I'm not.  The fact is that bad things happen sometimes and people need to deal with it.  Cornett and Butler got hurt/was sick or whatever so they couldn't wrestle.  Quit with the sour grapes.

AllAmricn you are correct. There is no reason speculating on how someone could have done. If you want to start that then let's talk about what woodford would have done with a healthy Steven Butler and Coty Lewis. We can't though because they weren't healthy. So we deal with reality and not speculation. If someone wasn't able to qualify to wrestle (for whatever reason) at state then don't say they would have won. 

A stand out this year that sort of came out of nowhere is Terrance Demery. He is a 9th grader and has really showed he can hang with the big dogs at 112. 4th place at state is nothing to be ashamed of. I see him doing very well again next year.

I saw Demery earlier this year at a tournament and he really looked good. He is a very athletic, smart youg wrestler.  I would think very capable of winning state in future.

ok lowsingle, there is no way cliff would have come close to the finals. He had already lost to carr twice who placed 7th. he also would have lost to jon voth if it werent for terrible reffing. he also close matches with ross that year. and sullivan probably would have stomped on cliff. saying that he would brees through is absolutely ridiculous and you are just not intelligent sir.

First and foremost, this is very unnecassary and unneeded. no only are you saying something that cant be proven or tested, you are taking away from two very good athletes that made it to the finals, dc evans and travis sullivan. This is very disrespectful and should never have been posted. Cliff is a good athlete and no doubt could have placed, but everyone knew that without this thread and it was a very tough break for him.