Sign in to follow this  
ridge45

135 match-up...

Yea, I was thinking Murton would come out on top but I only really got to see him at state. I would really like to see this match-up. I don't know if it would be that decisive of a victory, though. Just from what I saw. I think, even though he would come out on the losing end, Warner would be able to hold of getting a clinic ran on him by Murton.

Yea, I was thinking Murton would come out on top but I only really got to see him at state. I would really like to see this match-up. I don't know if it would be that decisive of a victory, though. Just from what I saw. I think, even though he would come out on the losing end, Warner would be able to hold of getting a clinic ran on him by Murton.

All I know is Murton beat Ashbrook 15-1 last year.  I know it is a year later and Warner is really tough, but I think Murton's arsenal is much better than Warner's.  I would go with 12-3.

All I know is Murton beat Ashbrook 15-1 last year.  I know it is a year later and Warner is really tough, but I think Murton's arsenal is much better than Warner's.  I would go with 12-3.

are you sure the point spread was that much? i didnt think it was. you may be right though, i only vaguely remember it.

i think it would be a good match both great wrestlers and warner beat ashbrook the first time 12-1 but when they clashed heads i think it took something out of the match because both of them where thinking about how to win the safest way with out having it stoped for blood warner had 7 stiches when he got home and i would bet ashbrook had about the same and iam shure both of them thought god i can't lose because of blood just my opion

I think Murton would win but i think that Warner would keep it close he just has that much technique too....I would say a minor maybe maybe close to a major but Murton would control the match. That kid is just on another level than everyone else

i think murton would pin warner early.  murton has a year of college wrestling experience under his belt which no highschool kid could say they have.  he is to dominant on top for warner to stop who not to mention is a bit of a slouch on bottom.  given a minute on top, murton would turn warner multiple times if he didnt get the fall the first time warner was on his back

warner is a great wrestler dont get me worng but murton is head up one of the best to ever come threw kentucky outside of joe carr jr the best in my opion he is a great take dwon srtist from his feet can defend takedowns great the hands down best huy on top of the to and any good wrestler wont stay on the mat unless forced which i think murton would do the score would be 15-0 tech fall by murton he is uncontroable from top including for warner

i think it would be a good match both great wrestlers and warner beat ashbrook the first time 12-1 but when they clashed heads i think it took something out of the match because both of them where thinking about how to win the safest way with out having it stoped for blood warner had 7 stiches when he got home and i would bet ashbrook had about the same and iam shure both of them thought god i can't lose because of blood just my opion

I talked to one of the refs on the mat for that match and he said they were both cut pretty badly and guessed they would need stitches.  I was actually impressed with how hard they wrestled after hitting heads.  From my perspective I thought they made it look like no big deal.  They both wrestled very hard for 6 minutes.

Why is this even a topic, I think it's pretty obvious and everyone agrees that Murton would win. No offense to Warner, he's an outstanding wrestler, but him beating Jacob Murton is stretching it a little too far.

I agree with Backflip.  Further, Murton could beat Courtney 145, Wolfieser 160, and Reid 171...he's that good.

Now that's pushing it. Wolsiefer would win and so would Mason. And I'm pretty sure Ervin would win also if they were to wrestle.

Now that's pushing it. Wolsiefer would win and so would Mason. And I'm pretty sure Ervin would win also if they were to wrestle.

I am a huge Murton fan, but I have to agree.  Bumping up to Wolsiefer is a lot of weight and he is no slouch when it comes to technique.  Courtney would be an interesting match because I don't see him having a strength advantage.

i believe warner could run the high half on murton, i mean it's pretty much unstoppable. if he couldnt run it he'd at least tire him out with it. thats just what i think. i mean ashbrooke is really strong for his weight, i know i've heard people talk about it, and warner was running it on him just fine. if it wasn't a finals match and he wasn't alittle scared i believe he could have maybe, just maybe turned him with it.

I really don't think murton would beat Courtney I mean he's probally a little better on his feet than Courtney but they are both excellent on top should it's really a toss up, and I think Courtney would prevail.

I'll put Murton over Courtney. He undoughtly better on his feet... and you can win a match on takedowns.

(Thueneman allmost did) Murton can probably take Wolsifer and Reid too... but those are deffinately not two people that he would prevail over by dominance. Those two would be some good matches to watch but i would still predict Murton comming out on top, and though i said he wouldnt shearly obliterate Reid or Wolsifer... he wouldn't let the match become uncomfortably close... I say he would be able to keep them under a bit of control.

Murton would destroy him!! Jake took 2nd this past weekend in NAIA Regionals!! Murton, atleast 10, maybe even a tech. He is that good.

I am a huge Murton fan, but I have to agree.  Bumping up to Wolsiefer is a lot of weight and he is no slouch when it comes to technique.  Courtney would be an interesting match because I don't see him having a strength advantage.

Your right about wolsiefer. From what I heard the two did train together at some point last summer for a national tournament, and I also heard that jonny gave murton all he could handle and then some. But that is hearsay.

I have to disagree about the stalling, Courtney is one of the best riders in the state. I haven't seen much stalling out of him on top, he is always tooking for tilts and various pinning combinations.