Sign in to follow this  
ROTC112

2nd round matches

I believe Dusty will prevail and pull out a victory. Dusty should make it to the finals.

Are you crazy?  No way Brown makes it to the finals.

If Shotwell and Eck both win their first 2 rounds, they will meet in the quarter finals. If!

yes that is a good "if" that is definitely a loaded bracket

I think Tom Kusnir got a great draw to the semis at 130.  Kind of rough for a kid like Dusty Brown to have to face Isaac Irvin in the second round. Shotwell and Kraft should be a good one too.  I don't want to wait until Thursday.  There are a lot of kids that are all capable of winning at 130.  Brown, Eck, Irvin, Shotwell, and somebody nobody seems to be mentioning Seeders.   

Call me crazy as well but the best two wrestlers i've seen this year at 130 are both Shotwell and Brown and i would not be suprised at all to see them in the state finals this year. But from what i'm hearing there is really no difference in skill level between perez, shotwell, brown, ervin and eck, its going to come down to who wants it more. They all seem to be on the same level and any one of them can win on any given day. Just my opinion.

I would not overlook Seeders at all. He has an excellent record, a senior, and beat many of the ranked wrestlers. Seeders will make it into the semis for sure. Seeders is the 130 sleeper - watch out for him.

Union County will has some good 2nd rounders

1. Elam vs. Henderson-Larue (shouldn't even be close)

2. Carr vs. Evans-Whitley (had a close finals match with Sullivan)

3. Carr vs. Daniels-Wayne (?)

4. Wempe vs. Ohlman-Tri. (Jake has beat him 3 times)

5. I.Ervin vs. Brown-S.K.

6. L.Ervin vs. Kennedy-Wayne

7. Chambliss vs. Musick-S.C.

8. Burke vs. Rupp-Eastern

9. Wright vs. Starks-Woodford

10. Griggs vs. Winters-Dunbar

Brown looked awfully sloppy and timid at region 6 regionals.  Seriously, I didn't see him shoot once and he stalled the whole match.  Not to imply that Shotwell didn't deserve what he got, he does, but if Brown expects to bring home some serious hardware he going to need a heck of a lot more heart and aggresiveness, otherwise I see him placing low.

Guest wrestler92

I don't even see Branch getting out to meet Seeders, he isn't that good I don't think.

Brown looked awfully sloppy and timid at region 6 regionals.  Seriously, I didn't see him shoot once and he stalled the whole match.  Not to imply that Shotwell didn't deserve what he got, he does, but if Brown expects to bring home some serious hardware he going to need a heck of a lot more heart and aggresiveness, otherwise I see him placing low.

What match were you watching?

This match was the most aggressive match of the night.  Both wrestlers put thier guts out there.  Both may have lagged when returning to the center after an out of bounds.

When the wistle blew they were both in each others faces.  No Stalling.  Heck Cole was officiating the match. With Cole one step backwards and he hits you.