Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

State bracket - 130

Pardon the format and the missing region 4 names, but I wanted to go ahead and post these for those interested.  I'm going to be working on filling in my brackets and completing my finals rankings/predictions tonight and tomorrow.  I you see any errors just let me know.  Remember it is #1 vs #4 and #2 vs #3.

1A Ervin (Un Co)

4C Bollman (OC)

3H Dodd - Way Co

2E Brown (SK)

2G Marc Blanford (Sou)

3F Routt (Wood Co)

4D Ward (CH)

1B Watkins (Tri)

1C Kusnir (NO)

4B reg 4 #4

3G Billy Cahill (Doss)

2F Collins (PD)

2H Turner - Per Co Cen

3E O'Bryan (Con)

4A Martin (Hop)

1D Perez (Lar Co)

--

1E Shotwell (CC)

4G Michael Chaney (BC)

3A Skinner (Chr Co)

2C Kraft (Eas)

2D Eck (NH)

3B reg 4 #3

4H Jude - SC

1F Speck (Laf)

1G Mike Seeders (Fair)

4F Thompson (Fr Co)

3C Branch (FC)

2B McCain (Moore)

2A Overby (Cald Co)

3D Rojas (JH)

4E Roland (Ryle)

1H Grimm - JC

Why is Region 4 holding back on reporting their 3rd and 4th place finishers? Can someone please post the 1-4 names or even the school? Everyone else has posted except Region 4!!      :?

Not sure why Region 4 is not posting.  130 was Miller St. X over Poole Seneca in 3/4.  I just didn't keep track of the rest myself.

somebody is going home early.

ervin and brown should meet round 2.  Shotwell and kraft meet round 2 with winner meeting eck in quarters. Then loser of ervin/brown meet loser of shotwell/kraft vs ecck in the third conso's. all of these guys are legit top six, too bad one will leave without placing.

I've not heard of Overby from Caldwell Co. What happened in the regional to put Skinner at 3rd place? Overby is not even ranked. Did Skinner and Ervin meet in the semis?

Overby beat Skinner in the semis.  Overby has been just outside my top 25 all season.  Not sure if Skinner had a bad day or Overby was just really on.

I think the winner of state will come out of that absoluetly loaded half of the bracket...nathan speck is one  more name worth mentioning in all these talks about placing

Overby beat Skinner in the semis.  Overby has been just outside my top 25 all season.  Not sure if Skinner had a bad day or Overby was just really on.

First matches for Skinner in 3 weeks,not to take away from Overby's win.

Skinner did have a bad day. Barely getting by Paducah's Zack Duncan in overtime i think. He has had staph and came back this past weekend from a long break. I believe Ervin would have pinned Skinner in the finals or major decisioned him if he had made it to the finals.

grimm from jc has stepped it up at danville he lost to turner from perry cent but grimm had beat him 9-2 and at region he beat turner easy handed also he wrestled speck at tates creek and lost 5-3 but had speck on his back at the end of the third period and wasnt awarded some backpoints that he should of got i think the only reason he aint higher in the rankings is cause jc doesnt wrestle in state much but he will definitly be a big surprise in state i say top 4

He has to get past Seeders which in my opinion will be tough.  But all of this talking we are doing doesn't really mean anything.  It's going to be decided on the mat.  Should be a great tournament..

Maybe i'm just a little bias for my region 3 guys but I wouldn't completly count Mike Seeders out of the finals. Anything can happen at state and I didn't see him as being much of a long-shot to begin with.

No one has been giving any love to 130 this year.  It has alot of good wrestlers.  Eck is not that dominant, Oerez proved that.

130 is open to alot of guys to win.

Yes, more stacked for sure. Shotwell, Skinner, Kraft, Eck, Speck, Seeders, Branch and Grimm. Those eight are all VERY good.