DeSales

Meade County

Fairdale

Doss

Valley

Iroquois

Shawnee

Holy Cross

Yesterday was awsome. Great match-ups. A few upsets. Trey King did better than I thought he would do in the 125 finals.

Robbie Brown was beat by Bebop Smith. I believe it was 3-3 goin' into overtime. I said something to somebody and when I looked back Brown had got hit with a penalty call. I think he was called for stalling. So the end score, I think, was 4-3 with Smith gettin' his hand raised.

Robbie Brown was beat by Bebop Smith. I believe it was 3-3 goin' into overtime. I said something to somebody and when I looked back Brown had got hit with a penalty call. I think he was called for stalling. So the end score, I think, was 4-3 with Smith gettin' his hand raised.

horrible way to lose a match.

You weren't there last year. It was the longest match i'd ever seen. They were tied up 1-1 and WENT THROUGH LIKE 99999999999999999999999 OVERTIMES. I think Robbie got hit for stalling then to.

It seemed like both were stalling.  They awarded a point for bbop and then a few minutes later i expected them to hit bop with stalling and give a point to brown but they just didn't.  Double stalling call probably could have been called, but hey thats up to the ref.  When its close you need a sense of urgency.  Tough loss for Brown.  :| 

did western have a team this year becasue they should have host the region next year and i dont really want to go there  so i was just wondering if they dont host it then it should go to BC rite???

Yes if western does not host it cycles back around to BC.  This was discussed at the seeding meeting and the question was asked if anyone knows that they will not be able to host or choses not to host when it is thier turn to let everyone know so that we could plan for that and the Western Guy did not say that they decline the event so that leads me to beleive they plan to host.  Unless he didn't hear the question or something like that.  So it looks like regionals at Western High next year.  We will play this by ear.

Yea. Did you see the match between Sonny Jefferies [Valley] and the Meade 160? Sonny was doin' suprisingly well before gettin' hurt. I saw lots of these out of nowhere performances by first year guys at region.

Meade County did excellent for a first year team.  I would also like to say, congratulations to all of the state qualifiers.  Represent Region 3 well.  I would especially like to congratulate the top 4 finishers @ 135.  Justin Walls, Hunter Durden, Buddy Whitson, & Jacob Kruetzer, you guys all earned your spots in a very tough weight class.

Meade County did excellent for a first year team.  I would also like to say, congratulations to all of the state qualifiers.  Represent Region 3 well.  I would especially like to congratulate the top 4 finishers @ 135.  Justin Walls, Hunter Durden, Buddy Whitson, & Jacob Kruetzer, you guys all earned your spots in a very tough weight class.

I would have liked to have seen Donald Phillips in the top four. I was actually pretty shocked that he didn't make it. He's beatin' all but Walls and finally earned a victory over Cosgrove. He beat Kruetzer pretty handily and looked like he was on a run for third. Didn't see that lose to Whitson comin'. But Buddy, Jake, Hunter, and Justin all earned their spots and I wish them much luck at state. I'll be rooting for them.

I think we all second that - and for anyone that did not see the Durden/Cossgrove semifinal match - I want to say that Cossgrove showed allot of class in his loss-he was good loser and Durden was a good winner.  Given the few moments of confusion over the score it would have been easy for things to turn unsportsmanlike and to both of their credit they handled the situation as true sportsmen - given the turmoil with some of the wrestlers in other regions this past year  it was great to see two kids handled themselves so well.

Congratulations to all of the state qualifiers and region 3 as a whole it was a great tournament!

Thought he was going to lose his cool but he didn't.  If you're a competitor, you are naturally going to be upset when you lose.  When he lost to Phillips, he didn't cuss, he didn't throw his head gear or throw a fit, he was noticeably upset but he walked off the mat & went outside the gym to vent his frustration.  He's a class act kid & I look for big things from him next year.  I know he will work hard this summer to improve and put himself in position for a good season next year and a trip to state.  Even though he didn't make state, he had a good year.  36-19 isn't a bad record.