Sign in to follow this  
Superfly

Who suprised you this year and who will at state

Trinity surprised me this year and I think that they have a very good chance to shock people and do some good things at state this year because they probably wont have any champions but they are a very consistent team that will have several placers.

i think woodford will be a big surprise when they win it for the 3rd time in a row.

When they win it for the 3rd time in a row? Its never guaranteed that anybody is going to win at all especially not this year. Woodford is a very good team but if I had to pick a team to win state this year it would definitely be Fern Creek or Larue.

Larue and fern creek have a chance and larue is a better dual team but woodford will show in two weeks that they are the best tournament team once again. they may have some really weak spots but the 4-5 state champs and few other state placers will definitely pick up the slack. you have a good point that thos two r in the running but i believe they will be fighting for 2nd place when it is all said and done.

When they win it for the 3rd time in a row? Its never guaranteed that anybody is going to win at all especially not this year.

Haven't you figured it out yet?  This is another Woodford showboater.  This is the arrogance that has caused people to dislike Woodford over the last 10 years.

This is the one weakness of Woodford "Sore winners", and why I'm not sure I will ever be convinced that thier coaching staff is the best, and why I hold Canter and Bankemper higher on the list.  Good sportsmanship, and would not allow thier wrestlers to act in this way, nor the parents for that matter.

Haven't you figured it out yet?  This is another Woodford showboater.  This is the arrogance that has caused people to dislike Woodford over the last 10 years.

This is the one weakness of Woodford "Sore winners", and why I'm not sure I will ever be convinced that thier coaching staff is the best, and why I hold Canter and Bankemper higher on the list.  Good sportsmanship, and would not allow thier wrestlers to act in this way, nor the parents for that matter.

amen old man..lol

Guest wrestler92

I know this is one reason why many people root against them when they are out there regardless of who the opponent is and cheer when they lose.

hey u know what the big reason for everyone cheering against woodford is not because they are bad sports, though i admit there are some bad sports who have worn the yellow and black. the majority really good guys and u would know that if you would talk to them.woodford wrestlers may look like bad sports when they walk off the mat crying or angry but you have to realize that no one in the state has put more of their lives into the sport than these guys. during wrestling season in woodford wrestling is your life whether you like it or not you r pushed to your limit physically, mentally and emotionally. im sorry for sounding arrogant earlier but i am very confident that my boys will win again. ive been there and i was not arrogant acting in my entire career but when everybody in the state is against you everywhere you go, you develop a bit of a chip on your shoulder. i will say when you win and everyone is booing it is a lot better than when you loose and everybody is cheering.

and u all r saying Woodford County wrestlers are sore winners, when everyone n the crowd is cheering against them??? i think its kinda messed up how people dont care who the kid is, they hope he loses just bc he has WC on his chest...

hey u know what the big reason for everyone cheering against woodford is not because they are bad sports, though i admit there are some bad sports who have worn the yellow and black. the majority really good guys and u would know that if you would talk to them.woodford wrestlers may look like bad sports when they walk off the mat crying or angry but you have to realize that no one in the state has put more of their lives into the sport than these guys. during wrestling season in woodford wrestling is your life whether you like it or not you r pushed to your limit physically, mentally and emotionally. im sorry for sounding arrogant earlier but i am very confident that my boys will win again. ive been there and i was not arrogant acting in my entire career but when everybody in the state is against you everywhere you go, you develop a bit of a chip on your shoulder. i will say when you win and everyone is booing it is a lot better than when you loose and everybody is cheering.

I am almost positive that there are plenty of teams that work just as hard or harder than Woodford does

People don't like Woodford because they win so much.  Not because they are sore losers.  Period.  It's like that in other sports.....people usually don't like dynasties.  Woodford Co. wrestlers over the years have been really good kids.  Are you telling me Richard Starks, Rusty Parks, Goodrich, etc.,those are just ones from last year, are bad guys?  Come on, get over yourself.  

This subject has been brought up plenty of times here.  Woodford will not be the great team forever(even though they have been for a long time) and some other team will be winning year after year and people will get on here saying they are sore losers :cry:, arrogant, etc.  

They do breed a winning attitude.  Some people call that other things....but I'll take it on my team any day.

It seems like tempers are just a little on edge now that everyone is hyped up for regionals/state. If someone is annoying you on here then just ignore them. It seems to be a few people that want to ruin every topic by arguing with everyone. Their minds are made up on how everything is and they won't change their minds now.

I am almost positive that there are plenty of teams that work just as hard or harder than Woodford does

well i have to disagree with that. i dont hail from woodford county, far from it, but i have to say they are the hardest working team in the state. if they weren't, then why are they so damn good? i like most of the woodford kids, and am actually friends with some of them. however, there are some on the team who are cocky and unsportsmanlike. ill give it to you, some people dont like them because they win, but some people also dont like them because there are always 3 or 4 wrestlers just about every year that have bad sportsmanship and ruin it for the entire team.

Woodford is exactly like any other wrestling team in the state. All the kids work just as hard, maybe harder than the other teams. some kids are bad sports some kids are good sports, some kids are good guys, others aren't. they are just like any other team in the state. i used to not like woodford, but now i've come to respect them. when you win year after year, you have to hold yourself to a higher standard, most of these kids on the team aren't used to losing, so when they do the blow up. not to mention any names, or single anyone out, but coty lewis is like that. he's not used to losing, so when he does he just explodes and goes off. but then again there are good kids like richard starks, i remember last year he took a kid from western hills into the second or third period just to be nice when he could have easily killed him. woodford is just like everyone else, but something that sets them apart from the other schools is their coaching. thats why they are so much better than alot of other schools. their coaches are great and they MAKE THEM WORK when they are at practice. they dont practice longer or anything, they just work when they are at practice.

People boo b/c Woodford is the Yankess of KY wrestling and everyone wants to see them get beat.  Its just good competition of the all the time winners against the underdogs.

Why are we talking about this when we could be talking about much more important matters like:

*Your favorite flavor of ice cream

*What is that guys name in all the P Diddy videos that carries the umbrella

*How many grapes do you think the average alpacha can fit in it's mouth

Woodford is a great team. I used to not like them and it took a while for me to get to the point where I could admit my respect for them. Some people like them, some hate them, some don't feel strongly either way toward them. Every team is like that. Everyone seems to want to talk about why or why not they do or don't like Woodford Co and why they think other people do or don't like them. I thought the topic was "Who suprised you this year and who will at state", not "Why don't people like Woodford Co".

Why are we talking about this when we could be talking about much more important matters like:

*Your favorite flavor of ice cream

*What is that guys name in all the P Diddy videos that carries the umbrella

*How many grapes do you think the average alpacha can fit in it's mouth

Woodford is a great team. I used to not like them and it took a while for me to get to the point where I could admit my respect for them. Some people like them, some hate them, some don't feel strongly either way toward them. Every team is like that. Everyone seems to want to talk about why or why not they do or don't like Woodford Co and why they think other people do or don't like them. I thought the topic was "Who suprised you this year and who will at state", not "Why don't people like Woodford Co".

*I like Cookie Dough Ice Cream

* His name is the umbrella man Duh!

* I think they could fit 20 if they are small grapes but 15 big

I hope you used complex mathmatical formulas to come to your conclusion on the Alpacha/grape scenario. I don't want people just throwin' around wild random numbers now. The fate of Ky wrestling hangs in the balance.