144 Johns over Jenkins

150 Trumble over Ayden

157 Malachia over Faucett

165 Matney over Speaker

175 Ricketts over Strayer

190 Lane train over Virzi

215 James over Frazier

HWT Carter over Whitehead

100% a bunch of bias picks. I think Isaac is going to revamp the Woodford program with a title like Shane did for Stanford. At 106 I would love to see Roman and Luke in finals but same side. I think Braxton has been in the heat all year with unions schedule and Wells hasn't seen anyone but Koller so I like battle tested. Christian cut his hair so he's atleast 20% faster for state, easy pick for me. Raneys are gonna Raney. Trumble and Ayden are the boys so I just went off of last match result. Smith vs. Blevins is my favorite match at 120. I think Landon is just too much for everyone else at weight. Big Whorton fan but lack of dominance (pins/techs) over not good guys made me go TJ. Faucett is always in a match and isn't afraid to go big, Malachia still clear favorite. Lane deserves a title. Just went off rankings and gut for rest of weights 

106 Corbett over Cornwell

113- Joseph over Santos

120- Heady over Blevins

126- Raney over McCloskey

132- Raney over Reeeves

138- Meyer over Whorton

144- Jenkins over Johns 

150- Ray over Trumble 

157- Harris over Fletcher 

165- Wilson over Millet

175- Ricketts over Strayer

190- Kiser over Virzi

215 James over Sherrill

hwt Guillame over Whitehead. 

mow- Guillaume 

3 hours ago, pin4thewin said:

106- Wells over Valera

113- Scott over Delos Santos

120- Evans over Blevins

126- Raney over McClowskey

132- Raney over Reeves

138- Meyer over Whorton

144- Jenkins over Johns

150- Trumble over Wojcicki

157- Harris over Sentelle

165- Matney over Speaker

175- James over Strayer

190- Kiser over Virzi

215- Sherill over James

285- Whitehead over Guillaume

team: Union Co

Trumble over Wojcicki is crazy considering the fact that Wojcicki already beat him and the only points rider scored were from cuts

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Idk. said:

Trumble over Wojcicki is crazy considering the fact that Wojcicki already beat him and the only points rider scored were from cuts

agree, lot of guys counting him out in the picks probably due to lack of experience at the high level but he’s been pretty convincing in his wins over the top 4 guys

26 minutes ago, cw05 said:

agree, lot of guys counting him out in the picks probably due to lack of experience at the high level but he’s been pretty convincing in his wins over the top 4 guys

Not counting him out at all! I think Wojo looks solid this year. I do know Rider did little to nothing practice wise the month leading to his match with Wojo due to injury and it was still 5-3 with Rider trying to force a merkle when it was 3-3. I expected Wojo to beat Rider MUCH worse considering. I even won a friendly bet and took Wojo over Rider in this match. 

As far as Rider and Wojo at state, I dont think it happens. I think Ayden takes out Wojo on top side. 

1 hour ago, Elite Training Center KY said:

Not counting him out at all! I think Wojo looks solid this year. I do know Rider did little to nothing practice wise the month leading to his match with Wojo due to injury and it was still 5-3 with Rider trying to force a merkle when it was 3-3. I expected Wojo to beat Rider MUCH worse considering. I even won a friendly bet and took Wojo over Rider in this match. 

As far as Rider and Wojo at state, I dont think it happens. I think Ayden takes out Wojo on top side. 

Really idk I think wojo v Ayden will be close but I don’t see Wojcicki losing it tbh

1 hour ago, Idk. said:

Really idk I think wojo v Ayden will be close but I don’t see Wojcicki losing it tbh

Personally I think that Wojo is really technically sound, and those are the guys that Ayden does well against. He is extremely hard to finish on and I don't think Wojo has the speed/creativeness to crack him. Seeing that Wojo lost the overall takedown battle on his feet to Nichols 3 takedowns to 2 at mustang I just don't have a ton of confidence. Of the 2 takedowns that Wojo did get one was in overtime. Wojo is definitely in the running for a title, I just don't love his draw. He is a tough kid so I wouldn't be shocked to see him pull it off.

On 2/14/2024 at 4:07 PM, Elite Training Center KY said:

Personally I think that Wojo is really technically sound, and those are the guys that Ayden does well against. He is extremely hard to finish on and I don't think Wojo has the speed/creativeness to crack him. Seeing that Wojo lost the overall takedown battle on his feet to Nichols 3 takedowns to 2 at mustang I just don't have a ton of confidence. Of the 2 takedowns that Wojo did get one was in overtime. Wojo is definitely in the running for a title, I just don't love his draw. He is a tough kid so I wouldn't be shocked to see him pull it off.

Nah you’re wrong wojo got that dawg in him

59 minutes ago, Idk. said:

Nah you’re wrong wojo got that dawg in him

I'm wrong a lot, and dawg is one thing you can't account for. Not the prettiest against Ray but in the state series a win is a win! Excited to see these guys battle It out the rest of the tournament. 

On 2/14/2024 at 12:51 PM, Elite Training Center KY said:

Not always completely wrong, DOMINATING 7-4 win for Ayden with 3 takedowns to 0 and only giving up cut points. We might still see the Rider Wojo match afterall!

7 hours ago, Elite Training Center KY said:

Not always completely wrong, DOMINATING 7-4 win for Ayden with 3 takedowns to 0 and only giving up cut points. We might still see the Rider Wojo match afterall!

i’ll take that on the chin, lehman absolutely came to wrestle 

On 2/14/2024 at 12:54 PM, Idk. said:

Oops! 

On 2/14/2024 at 11:54 AM, Idk. said:

1 hour ago, gator1 said:

Oops! 

I think Wojo got a lot better last year to this year but by the time State came he was too one dimensional and easy to coach against. He may have the record for most wins in a year though, I've never seen anyone with 70 matches in a year much less 75 or whatever wins. 

13 hours ago, Elite Training Center KY said:

I think Wojo got a lot better last year to this year but by the time State came he was too one dimensional and easy to coach against. He may have the record for most wins in a year though, I've never seen anyone with 70 matches in a year much less 75 or whatever wins. 

Yes and having that many matches people can watch definitely reveals your main tendencies. Thats waaaaay more matches than College wrestlers get in,unbelievable.

On 2/16/2024 at 10:22 PM, Elite Training Center KY said:

Mat experience is something to believe in.  Everyone knows you can't recreate the intensity of a match in practice.  Wrestlers should get something out of every match win or lose. They elevate their wrestling by stepping out into the square circle every time. When they have executed their moves in and out of practice they will be successful.  Wojo showed his abilities to be successful with his win total this year. I am confident he would have beaten Ayden if it wasn't a two day event. He was a big 150, and the 2nd day was a tough go. I don't think his loss was from being one dimensional.  I think it was from his first match on the 2nd day against the scale.

6 hours ago, Jon Wells said:

Mat experience is something to believe in.  Everyone knows you can't recreate the intensity of a match in practice.  Wrestlers should get something out of every match win or lose. They elevate their wrestling by stepping out into the square circle every time. When they have executed their moves in and out of practice they will be successful.  Wojo showed his abilities to be successful with his win total this year. I am confident he would have beaten Ayden if it wasn't a two day event. He was a big 150, and the 2nd day was a tough go. I don't think his loss was from being one dimensional.  I think it was from his first match on the 2nd day against the scale.

He didn't look bigger than anyone that placed ahead of him to me. 

19 hours ago, Jon Wells said:

I mean yes and no. Of those 75 matches let's be real he wrestled like 8 guys that were halfway decent. As far as size Wojo was massive but I literally called what was going to happen before It happened. Wojo wrestled great all year, but when It comes down to the final important matches where game plans are made he has a post hi-c and a dump with the mix of ugly outside shots. Nobody really attacked him in any of the matches I watched and Ayden let It all out and got 3 takedowns in the first. It was a bad match up for Wojo, Aydens nearly impossible to score on when it's a good shot, much less a bad one.