Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com 2023-24 Season Rankings - February 12

On 2/18/2024 at 4:31 PM, Alien01 said:

Yes he said he will put one more ranking out. Often does it on Wednesdays I have noticed

Whenever he does it we all should appreciate the work it takes to do any of this!

1 hour ago, TinkXXXX said:

No rush but do you know when the new rankings will be out?

Well, the final rankings were really set on Friday in Lexington.  But I will post a state follow up in the next couple weeks.  I would like to take time and really dig into it and round up all my stats from the old 32 man brackets.  As far as rankings without seniors, it will likely be a couple months before move on to next season.

10 hours ago, grappler-of-old said:

One stat that sticks out.  This is the fist time since 1972 that Northern Kentucky has NOT had a state champion. 

Wow.

20 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

Well, the final rankings were really set on Friday in Lexington.  But I will post a state follow up in the next couple weeks.  I would like to take time and really dig into it and round up all my stats from the old 32 man brackets.  As far as rankings without seniors, it will likely be a couple months before move on to next season.

Thanks for all the hard work my man

On 2/22/2024 at 10:22 PM, grappler-of-old said:

One stat that sticks out.  This is the fist time since 1972 that Northern Kentucky has NOT had a state champion. 

WOW!  I knew it had been a long streak, but would not have guessed over 50 years.  Now that I am turning 50 I know that is a long, long time.

On 3/16/2024 at 1:48 PM, Alien01 said:

Mainly Ryle that has produced them? Maybe Holmes as well?

Ryle has their fair share, but Walton, Campbell, and SK have a bunch as well.  Check out Alex Green's youtube channel to get a first hand view and meet many of them.

just to set the record straight. NK state champions.

Campbell 30-----Simon Kenton 27-----Ryle 23------Conner 20--------Bonne county 11-------Newport Catholic 11--------Scott 10--------Walton Verona 9---------Dixie 2-------Holmes 2----

7 other schools with 0 (Brossart--Cooper--Cov Cath--Highlands--Holy Cross (Cov)--Lloyd--Newport) I believe these are all the school that have ever had wrestling in NKY. 

On 4/1/2024 at 12:53 PM, Ranger123 said:

Ryle has their fair share, but Walton, Campbell, and SK have a bunch as well.  Check out Alex Green's youtube channel to get a first hand view and meet many of them.

Ok thank you!

On 4/1/2024 at 2:33 PM, grappler-of-old said:

just to set the record straight. NK state champions.

Campbell 30-----Simon Kenton 27-----Ryle 23------Conner 20--------Bonne county 11-------Newport Catholic 11--------Scott 10--------Walton Verona 9---------Dixie 2-------Holmes 2----

7 other schools with 0 (Brossart--Cooper--Cov Cath--Highlands--Holy Cross (Cov)--Lloyd--Newport) I believe these are all the school that have ever had wrestling in NKY. 

what 10 has scoot produced other than Brendan pye?

Tim Vaughn 138 (1987)

Tony Stewart 152 (1996)

Mike Fields 135 (1997)

Jarrod Combs 171 (1997)

Dylan Bell 130 (1998)

Clint Bell 145 (1998)

Dylan Bell 130 (1999)

Jason Daviaux 112 (2000)

Jason Daviaux 125 (2001)

Benden Pye 113 (2019)

21 hours ago, Alien01 said:

Freestyle State was fun this year, lots of ranked kids showed up with multiple Folkstyle State Champs in the mix!

120 was exciting, Wells, De Los Santos, Valera, and Mayberry was a tough bracket.  

23 hours ago, CUTiger184 said:

120 was exciting, Wells, De Los Santos, Valera, and Mayberry was a tough bracket.  

165 as well with Wojicki,Harris,Ray,Neal,Leader,McKune