• Wood
    • Chui
    • Zarth
    • Zeppa
    • Someone Else
    • Johnson
    • Slone
    • Luna

how can you count out johnson from john? he was only in the finals last year as an 8th grader.

119 is slightly tougher this year than 112 last year

Bontrager...beat carr at the Christian County Invitational...lost to Johnson from John Hardin at Caldwell...the kid is good...he  can surprise a couple of folks at state

yea i think that his hardest match on the way was Gabe Supe of Scott

Maybe the luck of the draw was in his favor, however any of the 112's could have gotten the same draw.  He did beat Lucas Carman and Bradbury in region to get to state.  Supe was not his toughest match. Johnson won with a 1 minute pin.  He beat Fraser easily in the semis.  Johnson is a young kid trying to improve with each match.  He will definitely be someone to watch in the years to come.  His losses have been close this year.  He did get beat by Zeppa and Parks by 1.  He has avenged his loss to Zeppa with a score of 9-4.  119 is very deep and the title is up for grabs.  With the weight class being as tight as it is, it will only improve all of the wrestlers vying for the title.

Josh Johnson is a tough little wrestler. As mentioned before, he is one of the very few 8th graders to ever make it into the state finals. He also had to beat Ross Carpenter Frazier in the semis. Ross is the kid that beat the 112 state champ, Coty Lewis, the week before in the regional finals. I suggest every show this young athlete some respect for what he accomplished as an 8th grader, something most juniors and seniors will never accomplish!

When everything is on the line Josh Johnson will elevate as real champions do. Alot of kids will get pumped up to wrestle a state finalist and will often beat them during the season. But come state time cream rises to the top baby. Over look Johnson to your own peril.

119 is a tough wt group. Daniels is a stud and absolutely owned a great wrestler, Matt Sloan, last week at state duals. I look for him to be in the finals.

I agree with what I-pinned-them-all and enthusiast wrote in reference to Josh Johnson. 

Also, don't forget he beat Luna last weekend.  Anyone that overlooks and underestimates Josh Johnson in a match, will find themselves in the consolation round.

the Luna and Johnson match was bull Luna didn't man handle but he controlled the whole match and He had a bull ref because all the good refs were at state duels. Johnson was fleeing the mat the whole time and when Luna choose top he tight-waist and ankle pick johnson and johnson literally hopped a good couple feet out of the mat and the ref yelled at Luna and called him for stalling and gave Johnson a point then Luna let him up and tried to take him down but Johnson kept stalling more and "beat" luna by one point (the bull stalling point) ask anybody there who saw it. it was a bull call and even Johnson knows it.

Who won the match, Luna or Johnson?

Champions find a way to win! That's not cheating. Have you ever watched a football game when the winning team uses the clock to their advantage. Grow up and learn the sport and strategy of wrestling.

What exactly is a bull ref?

Who won the match, Luna or Johnson?

Champions find a way to win! That's not cheating. Have you ever watched a football game when the winning team uses the clock to their advantage. Grow up and learn the sport and strategy of wrestling.

What exactly is a bull ref?

haha well said, i like it. people ought to know that if you really are the better wrestler, then you shouldn't let it be close enough for a ref to decide the match.

the Luna and Johnson match was bull Luna didn't man handle but he controlled the whole match and He had a bull ref because all the good refs were at state duels. Johnson was fleeing the mat the whole time and when Luna choose top he tight-waist and ankle pick johnson and johnson literally hopped a good couple feet out of the mat and the ref yelled at Luna and called him for stalling and gave Johnson a point then Luna let him up and tried to take him down but Johnson kept stalling more and "beat" luna by one point (the bull stalling point) ask anybody there who saw it. it was a bull call and even Johnson knows it.

This is the worst assessment of that match that could possibly be given.  Luna stalled from the start to the end. He attempted no moves at all.  When there was 12 seconds left and Luna was down one and already been hit for stalling who took the last shots??? It was Johnson he took two shots in the last ten seconds and Luna struggled to stay on his feet. Luna was outta shape and gassed in the first period.  Johnson controlled the entire match. What were you watching???

im my own opinion i think the finals at 119 will consist of two kids from region 7. matt zarth and shane parks. oh and by the way..parks owned daniels at state duals and hes still ranked 2nd??

im my own opinion i think the finals at 119 will consist of two kids from region 7. matt zarth and shane parks. oh and by the way..parks owned daniels at state duals and hes still ranked 2nd??

I completely agree with that because i feel that Zarth is really underated right now, if you have seen him wrestle you would probably see the same thing

yeah i agree, zarth is looking great this year. he's lost a few but the ones i have seen he's won, and not only won, but controlled the enitre matches from start to finish. but as i said i haven't seen the losses he has had so i can't assess too much.

yeah i agree, zarth is looking great this year. he's lost a few but the ones i have seen he's won, and not only won, but controlled the enitre matches from start to finish. but as i said i haven't seen the losses he has had so i can't assess too much.

do you haveany idea who he lost to