PPmothman

120 just became the deepest class in the state

Looks like Evans from Ryle and Smith from JC just dropped to 120. There were rumors of Williams from PT dropping. 120 just became the deepest weight class in the state.

144 also filled in quite a bit. What was once the easiest class in state now looks like a good weight. 

I believe this is the last weekend to certify a weight class. Could see some big changes this week. 

23 minutes ago, PPmothman said:

Looks like Evans from Ryle and Smith from JC just dropped to 120. There were rumors of Williams from PT dropping. 120 just became the deepest weight class in the state.

144 also filled in quite a bit. What was once the easiest class in state now looks like a good weight. 

I believe this is the last weekend to certify a weight class. Could see some big changes this week. 

Where did you see that Evans and Smith dropped? 

18 minutes ago, Take-em-down said:

I thought the certification date was always state duals ? Can anyone clarify this ? 

Certification cut off for boys is 1/27, and girls is 1/20.  

24 minutes ago, Take-em-down said:

I thought the certification date was always state duals ? Can anyone clarify this ? 

Have to be certified into the weight on or prior to state duals

33 minutes ago, Take-em-down said:

Prior to stay duals ? Or can it be at State Duals ?

The way it’s worded is on or prior to that Saturday. So I’m guessing you could make it at state duals 

3 hours ago, Take-em-down said:

I think 120 just became a one horse race with Evans dropping down 

Yeah there are some tough kids in there and some good match ups. George is obviously very good. Seems to be a lot better on the mat this year. Blevins is always up for a challenge. Smart technical kid. Davis is always dangerous and funky. Smith is strong and tough and JC has been out wrestling some tough out of state teams. Utah is dangerous and with the best program in the state. Nance has also turned it on this year. 

120 is deep. I think the draw matters alot this year to see who’s in the finals. Wish they seeded the ones like middle school. 

46 minutes ago, PPmothman said:

Yeah there are some tough kids in there and some good match ups. George is obviously very good. Seems to be a lot better on the mat this year. Blevins is always up for a challenge. Smart technical kid. Davis is always dangerous and funky. Smith is strong and tough and JC has been out wrestling some tough out of state teams. Utah is dangerous and with the best program in the state. Nance has also turned it on this year. 

120 is deep. I think the draw matters alot this year to see who’s in the finals. Wish they seeded the ones like middle school. 

Draw always matters. It’s a 25% shot for the best 2 to meet in the quarters and a 50/50 shot for semis. There will be fireworks in quarters for sure. 

8 hours ago, PPmothman said:

Who’s at 144 now

13 minutes ago, 1982Wrestler said:

Who’s at 144 now

Just as the season has went the top 5-6 kids are solid. 144 was probably the weakest class at one point. Now it’s going to be interesting. 

9 minutes ago, pin4thewin said:

Looks to me like 120, 126, 144, 150, and 157 are all looking SOLID.

Yes 144 really turned around. Especially if TJ Meyer is going there. You nailed the toughest weights in the state this year, in my opinion. Ky has some depth at these weights. 

4 minutes ago, PPmothman said:

The number 4 ranked 120 Dennis beat the number 2 ranked 126 Williams at state duals.   

Number 10 at 144 Williams beat number 2 at 138 Morris.

24 minutes ago, pin4thewin said:

Number 10 at 144 Williams beat number 2 at 138 Morris.

I would expect the bigger weight class to win.  But a number 10 over a 2 is big. I went and looked and don’t think that kid should be a 10 anymore. Probably more of a 6 ifni was guessing but rankings will be interesting on the next round.