97 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win state at 285

• Matt Byrd
    • Mastrovich
    • Bodenbender
    • Billy Fuller
    • John Wise
    • Anthony Bailey

This match was very confusing. For some reason the ref had Byrd start down when there were 13 seconds left in the first overtime when they should of started neutral. Also, when Byrd got the escape in the second overtime, why did the timekeepers stop the clock? and why didnt byrd get any type of penalty for running off the mat?

This match was very confusing. For some reason the ref had Byrd start down when there were 13 seconds left in the first overtime when they should of started neutral. Also, when Byrd got the escape in the second overtime, why did the timekeepers stop the clock? and why didnt byrd get any type of penalty for running off the mat?

bailey had 2 injury times so byrd got to choose what he wanted(up,down,neutral).and both wrestlers stopped thinking it was over so the refs couldnt do anything about it.

bailey had 2 injury times so byrd got to choose what he wanted(up,down,neutral).and both wrestlers stopped thinking it was over so the refs couldnt do anything about it.

The first overtime is supposed to be sudden death, the first takedown wins. There was still 13 seconds left when they went out of bounds so it still should've been neutral. On the second overtime, even though both wrestlers thought it was over the timekeeper messed up by stopping the clock when it should've kept going

Bryd did a good job of pressuring Bailey into difficult situations, but he soon realized that Bailey was still dangerous. Byrd is a seasoned wrestler and you could clearly see tha Bailey is very raw, but with some technique and conditioning to go along with his physical stature, he will be a force next year. Congrats go out to Byrd.

Bailey showed great ability. Even though he was looked very gassed at the end of the second he still managed to hang in there with the byrd man and even threw him around a little. I think Bailey's strength definately contributed to him making it into the double overtime. That was a great way to end the state tournament. I gave him a congradulatory slap on the back after the match and it was, lets say...less than dry. lol.

The first overtime is supposed to be sudden death, the first takedown wins. There was still 13 seconds left when they went out of bounds so it still should've been neutral. On the second overtime, even though both wrestlers thought it was over the timekeeper messed up by stopping the clock when it should've kept going

eagle

The first 1 minute overtime is neutral that is correct.  However if a wrestler has used his second time out (Which Bailey did when he hit his head on the floor) The othre wrestler gets to choice of positon no matter if it is overtime or not.

The time-keeper only does what the official tells them to do.  Barnett blew the wistle for the clock to stop and only then did the time keeper stop the clock. It continued the whole time Byrd left the mat and then returned. 

Lets just put it this way. Both last years HWt final and this year were similar. Woodfords hwts worked the opponent around the mat and had the opponents gassing in the 3rd period. Kudos to Byrd who could have won big but wrestled conservative so he didnt do anything stupid!!!!

Lets just put it this way. Both last years HWt final and this year were similar. Woodfords hwts worked the opponent around the mat and had the opponents gassing in the 3rd period. Kudos to Byrd who could have won big but wrestled conservative so he didnt do anything stupid!!!!

There was a lot more action in this years final. Last year the score was 2-1 with both wrestlers getting hit with stalling points and Bryan Hall gave Goodwrich a point for an illegal headlock, otherwise it would've been overtime

neither of the wrestlers got hit for stalling last year. They both got an escape and then Hall gave up a point for an illegal head lock. I was just saying how similar the matches were bc of how woodfords hwts wrestled very similar... Shooting the opponent off the mat and out wrestling their opponents

Byrd has been waiting his turn and he finally got one.... I think that a wrestler is only as good as his partner makes him and it goes to show with with Byrd and Goodrich & The Starks brothers

neither of the wrestlers got hit for stalling last year. They both got an escape and then Hall gave up a point for an illegal head lock. I was just saying how similar the matches were bc of how woodfords hwts wrestled very similar... Shooting the opponent off the mat and out wrestling their opponents

Your right, my bad. I think this years match was ALOT more exciting though

all i can say is that i tyred my hardest. and still failed I'm sorry if i failed my team and coaches . but hopefully next year i will have a norther chance to make it up

nig black out  :mrgreen:

Bailey I thought you did a heck of a job. You have progressed tremendously from the first time I saw you wrestle. I hope I helped you in some way by talking to you before the match. I told your coach that I would really like the opportunity to work with you more in the off season on your technique. You know where we are, come to our practice more often.

Coach

all i can say is that i tyred my hardest. and still failed I'm sorry if i failed my team and coaches . but hopefully next year i will have a norther chance to make it up

ARE YOU A JUNIOR!...BIG GUY

You did a great job!!! But, just so you know, you put "nig" instead of "big". lol.

well thank u alot but still it would have been better if i could of gave my coach a champion , i know he wants 1 so bad i just hope next year i can give him that next year . but yea I'm a joiner

well thank u alot but still it would have been better if i could of gave my coach a champion , i know he wants 1 so bad i just hope next year i can give him that next year . but yea I'm a joiner

bailey as your former teammate i must say going to war with you everyday in practice and cheering you on for 2 years now bro i want o let you kno everybody in hardin county and mostly in the state of Ky is proud of you man!

You have nothin to hang your head about! You wrestle your heart out and Coach Cullen is very proud! Man what im saying is next yer is your year! sure fuller will be back but you beat him and you know what it takes now to get where you needa be! Man juss work hard for the coaches and you will see its going to pay off bro!

last years finals there was definately not as much action. Bryan Hall was not gassed last year either. This years 285 finals was very close and it was a dang good match!