Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com 2023-24 Season Rankings - January 2

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year holiday with plenty of quality time with family and friends.  And with the holiday break comes the 2 pound gift from Santa.  As I scan the results I have tried to move wrestlers to the lowest weight they have competed at (considering lineup) and also removed wrestlers that I don't see any results for.  There are still a number of coaches who don't regularly keep results up to date, so I can only work with what I have.  A few notes:

- I have Union County with a HUGE lead in the team race.  A couple of the teams in the race have wrestlers that can move into big point scoring position, but we will have to wait to see that happen.  Teams 2-6 can go in any order.  They all have strengths and weaknesses and seem to still be working on their final lineups.  But I would also add that teams 7-11 aren't terribly far behind that second tier of teams.

- 126 and 157 both look to be deep and exciting to see how they will play out.  126 has a couple state champs at the top, but a lot of talent behind that.  132 also has two state champs at this point.

- Go check out the Max Emerson foundation scholarship information and nominate a deserving wrestler to be recognized and earn a nice award in memory of a great wrestler, coach, and man

Rankings_23_24_0102.pdf

24 minutes ago, Jimbo251 said:

Where’s Chase Stacy from Martin County. He pinned Robert Workman in the 2nd period 

Maybe because

1. That match is not in Track

2. He is 4-7

4 hours ago, Jimbo251 said:

Chase Stacy is 20-7 on the year

Not according to track. He can’t rank a kid when the coach doesn’t Input the matches. 

I think the next two weeks we will see where everyone goes. There is a rumor that all the Ryle kids are going to drop to get Evans away from Raney. Also PT currently is stacked up. Interesting to see where the two 175s go and 215s go. Virzi could stay at 215 making 190 interesting. Looks like JC has a lot of kids weighing in light. Could see Scott, Smith, Morris and Jude drop. 

Another Interesting rumor is Raney dropping to 120 and letting Utah go 126. This would be huge. Right now 126 is the deepest class in the state. Raney staying there till 126 clears out then sliding Utah in would be huge. 

Just some interesting points for entertainment. 

1 hour ago, PPmothman said:

I think the next two weeks we will see where everyone goes. There is a rumor that all the Ryle kids are going to drop to get Evans away from Raney. Also PT currently is stacked up. Interesting to see where the two 175s go and 215s go. Virzi could stay at 215 making 190 interesting. Looks like JC has a lot of kids weighing in light. Could see Scott, Smith, Morris and Jude drop. 

Another Interesting rumor is Raney dropping to 120 and letting Utah go 126. This would be huge. Right now 126 is the deepest class in the state. Raney staying there till 126 clears out then sliding Utah in would be huge. 

Just some interesting points for entertainment. 

Pt has a new lineup posted for the Johnny Drennan at Father Ryan. 

13 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

Pt has a new lineup posted for the Johnny Drennan at Father Ryan. 

oh yeah.  that is interesting.  very interesting.

Generally I post on Wednesdays to have a few days to review results from the weekend (at least what are posted).  Team rankings are always included.

14 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

Generally I post on Wednesdays to have a few days to review results from the weekend (at least what are posted).  Team rankings are always included.

Thank you