Sign in to follow this  
Guest ZachRichardson3

Best 103?

Who do you think the best 103 lb. is?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think the best 103 lb. is?

• Elliot Martin [Seneca]
    • Bobby Vaughn [SK]
    • Brandon Whitehouse [SO]
    • Taylor South [NO]
    • Tommy Warren [FC]

Guest ZachRichardson3

yeah tommy warrens really good. bobby vaughn is more technical. its a tossup. taylor south is a good wrestler if you give him what hes looking for. he likes doing more difficult moves and sometimes hel get caught up and give up some points

elliott martin by far. Vaughn lost soundly to Jeff Warra at 112. If he can't beat Warra hes not going to touch elliott. Martin is the reason warra is where he is in his wrestling.

I'm not sayin' that I think Warren is the best in state because i'm sure most of us know that Elliot is the top dog at 103. But he is a scrappy little guy. He'll definately do very well in state and he has nothin' but time to improve being that he is only a freshman.

Elliot Martin is in my opinion because he is the quickest wrestler that i ever saw, in fact when he wrestled our 103 his coach actually had to tell him to slow down some

Vaughn lost to bradbury 3-2 on a locking hands call.. IMO if he wouldnt have locked hands he would have won.. he took down bradbury pretty easily... also he missed about 3 weeks due to a injury earlier in the year so he was also kinda out of shape.

they area all real good in their certain aspects. Vaughn is a tall and technichal wrestler for this weight class using his speed and ability to his advantage. Tommy warren is a good scrappy wrestler who continues to do well in the weight placing continuiously in tournaments. Brandon Whitehouse is a good up and coming wrestler. He can hang in with the better wrestlers and do well without giving up. Taylor South is having a change coming from virginia to kentucky wrestling style. He has great potential and can sneak up and suprise the top dogs given the right conditions. But hands down the best will go to elliot martin. He continues to be dominant and take control of the match.

Guest ZachRichardson3

they area all real good in their certain aspects. Vaughn is a tall and technichal wrestler for this weight class using his speed and ability to his advantage. Tommy warren is a good scrappy wrestler who continues to do well in the weight placing continuiously in tournaments. Brandon Whitehouse is a good up and coming wrestler. He can hang in with the better wrestlers and do well without giving up. Taylor South is having a change coming from virginia to kentucky wrestling style. He has great potential and can sneak up and suprise the top dogs given the right conditions. But hands down the best will go to elliot martin. He continues to be dominant and take control of the match.

i think taylor south is gonna end up placing decent at state

Sounds like a lot of people think Bradbury gets lucky a lot!  He won in overtime against Elam, he won on a questionable locked hands call against Vaughn.  No, I don't think he gets lucky, I think he's a pretty good wrestler and does what needs to be done to win.  As for the best 103 in the state, it's Elliott Martin hands down!

I AGREE BRADBURRY IS INCREDIBLE AND I THINK HE WILL BE A NATURAL 103 NEXT YEAR AS WELL. I THOUGHT HE WAS THE BEST MIDDLE SCHOOL WRESTLER FOR ANY WEIGHT CLASS LAST YEAR AND I BELIEVE HE WILL BE AT LEAST A TWO TIMER IF NOT THREE AT THE VARSITY LEVEL. NOW FOR ROBBY VAUGHN I BELIEVE THAT WHAT THIS KID HAS LEARNED IN JUST THREE YEARS IS UNREAL. HE IS A GREAT TECHNICIAN AND IS JUST NOW HITTING HIS STRIDE AFTER A NAGGING NECK INJURY SO IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE HOW FAR HE CAN MAKE IT. I BELIEVE STATE CHAMP IS NOT OUT OF THE QUESTION. HE PLACED SECOND IN A VERY DIFFICULT OHIO TOURN YESTERDAY.

taylor south is insane. i mean dont get me wrong. bobby vuaghns an awesome tech guy, tommy warrens really scrappy. elliot martins just amazing in general. but taylor south is one of the best wrestlers ive seen.

I AGREE BRADBURRY IS INCREDIBLE AND I THINK HE WILL BE A NATURAL 103 NEXT YEAR AS WELL. I THOUGHT HE WAS THE BEST MIDDLE SCHOOL WRESTLER FOR ANY WEIGHT CLASS LAST YEAR AND I BELIEVE HE WILL BE AT LEAST A TWO TIMER IF NOT THREE AT THE VARSITY LEVEL. NOW FOR ROBBY VAUGHN I BELIEVE THAT WHAT THIS KID HAS LEARNED IN JUST THREE YEARS IS UNREAL. HE IS A GREAT TECHNICIAN AND IS JUST NOW HITTING HIS STRIDE AFTER A NAGGING NECK INJURY SO IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE HOW FAR HE CAN MAKE IT. I BELIEVE STATE CHAMP IS NOT OUT OF THE QUESTION. HE PLACED SECOND IN A VERY DIFFICULT OHIO TOURN YESTERDAY.

second isn't first