Sign in to follow this  
Guest ihawk

State Duals

How does Larue and Woodford get put in the same pool?  Are they not seeded?  Also, am I understanding Woodford could have won if Sheehan wouldn't of got stuck?

And, who did Lewis lose to?  That's not surprising if he did lose. 

Sorry for all the questions, I missed this weekend.  thanks

Guest ZachRichardson3

ya how do's ever another feel that noth oldham that everone thought that they would not get in to the top 10 ands they got 9th and they put there A game on and even there 285 put in his A game in the last macth.  :mrgreen:

oa by the gosh dorn way Fern creek 285 quite the team to join a step them so tell my what is going on Fern Creek  :evil:

i could not agree more. ive never seen billows actually excecute a move! i was proud of him. it was amazing. i wish i could have wrestled.

Pool 1

woodford

Larue

Harrison

wayne

Pool 2

Seneca

Campbell

Henry Clay

South Oldham

Pool 3

North Hardin

Union

Trinity

Prp

Pool 4

Dunbar

Ryle

sheldon clark

North Oldham

Pool 1 with Larue and Pool 3 with North Hardin were by far the toughest pools. Region 2 was well represented. North Hardin was hoping to make it to the finals for a region 2 show down. Congratulation to PD for there win, but 1st and 3rd isn't bad for 1 region to win.

How does Larue and Woodford get put in the same pool?  Are they not seeded?  Also, am I understanding Woodford could have won if Sheehan wouldn't of got stuck?

And, who did Lewis lose to?  That's not surprising if he did lose. 

Sorry for all the questions, I missed this weekend.  thanks

The coaches decided to only seed the #1 teams from each region.  Then blind draw the rest of the pools being sure to seperate the region teams.  Some coaches voted against it and some coaches voted for it but then I think they were a little dissappointed when they saw how the pools were drawn out.  That is why we had Woodford and Larue wrestling each other in the first round of the tournament.  Coming out of their pool in second place automatically gave them no higher than 5th place.  Seems to me like we could come up with some other type of seeding even if the seeding meeting had to be held the night before.

Guest cmccoy

There were two votes taken by the coaches. The first was rather to seed or do a blind draw. The coaches voted to seed the tournament. The next vote was rather to seed all teams or only seed the number 1 team from each region. The coaches voted to only seed the #1's. The vote and decision was left up to the coaches so it was done in a way that was decided by the majority of the coaches.

103-Larue by dec? not sure

112-PLD by pin

119-PLD by pin

125-PLD by pin

130-Larue by pin

135-PLD forfeit(last match larue had it won)

140-Larue by pin

145-Larue by pin

152-Larue by pin

160-Larue bt tech

171-PLD by maj dec

189-PLD by pin

215-Larue by dec

Hwt-Larue by dec

The end score was 41-34 for Larue.

103-LaRue by pin

Yea it was Union's varsity heavyweight. Union was without 4 varsity guys due to illness and 3 more got sick up there. They was without Jarvis Elam, Isaac Ervin, Luke Ervin, and Joe Belt all day. At one point Aaron Carr, Carson Chambliss, and Levi Griggs during the day got sick. They only lost to North Hardin by 3.

Yea it was Union's varsity heavyweight. Union was without 4 varsity guys due to illness and 3 more got sick up there. They was without Jarvis Elam, Isaac Ervin, Luke Ervin, and Joe Belt all day. At one point Aaron Carr, Carson Chambliss, and Levi Griggs during the day got sick. They only lost to North Hardin by 3.

Sheldon Clark had the same problem.  Our 103, 112, and 135 were all sick.  Our 171 and 125 are both injured so we were starting each dual giving up 30 points in forfiets.  We lost to Dunbar by 8, North Oldham by 5, and Ryle by 15.

Sheldon Clark had the same problem.  Our 103, 112, and 135 were all sick.  Our 171 and 125 are both injured so we were starting each dual giving up 30 points in forfiets.  We lost to Dunbar by 8, North Oldham by 5, and Ryle by 15.

I think all the teams had some problems.  I watched some of the Sheldon Clark duals and they did not forfeit 5 weight classes.  They may not have had all their starters but they didn't forfeit them.  If I remember right, they only forfeited 2 weight classes.  If I also remember right, North Oldham forfeited 2 weights as well (I'm sure they had others varsity wrestlers out too).

I think all the teams had some problems.  I watched some of the Sheldon Clark duals and they did not forfeit 5 weight classes.  They may not have had all their starters but they didn't forfeit them.  If I remember right, they only forfeited 2 weight classes.  If I also remember right, North Oldham forfeited 2 weights as well (I'm sure they had others varsity wrestlers out too).

Sheldon Clark forfeited 103, 112, 125, and 135 every dual they wrestled, they also forfeited 171 for 3 out of the 4 so yeah they did forfiet more than two weight class.

He had a shoulder injury and couldn't wrestle, so he decided to do something else. Thanks for trying to say something about Fern Creek.

I don't see why everyone is so hyped over North getting 9th when they snuck in past a team that was favored to take everything.

Hay man i Just want to see if it was true i was just asking

I couldn't agree more.  Just seed them 1-16.  Who cares what region they are from.  Or at least seed 1-4 and blind draw the rest.  Makes sense.

Seeding the tournament 1-4 is pretty much what they did with the top teams in the four pools...

Why can't all 16 be seeded?  Or at least the top 8?  Use the same type of criteria as individuals, record and head to head and commom opponents.  It seems pretty simple to me.  You have to do something to avoid setting up pools like this.  North Hardin, Trinity, and Union in the same pool?  That was rediculous.  And Woodford and Larue in the same pool?  Come on.

Gotta agree Ranger. Also there has to be a way to have "wrestle backs." When an injustice such as Woodford and Larue are in the same daggone pool, it's hard to believe the best you can do if you lose is fifth. Pretty stupid to me. Run this thing like a 16 man bracket and these problems should be resolved.

The first years of state duals(91-92?), were seeded like a 16 man bracket is.  You could wrestle back for third.  Pretty cool.

I think everyone pretty much agrees about this, should be easy to fix.

good job "fullrock" , how about the skinny kids. dienlein,schneider,shotwell and griffith.

Not sure on every match but i know a few:

Deinlien lost by 2 to Fuller of Seneca

Deinlien Pinned South oldham

And i think he also beat henry clay and union not sure on union

Shotwell Won all of his that were wrestled(union and i believe south oldham maybe more)

Schnieder lost a few close ones and pinned south oldham

Griffith Beat South Oldham i believe, Henry Clay and i believe union and maybe seneca

there seems to be a lot of complaining that woodford got beat in their pool and could only go for 5th but people are forgetting that they didnt even win 5th, they got beat by trinity

That is a very good point