Sign in to follow this  
plee

Elementary state tournament - 3/3/2007 - Conner High School

****UPDATE - 6th graders born in 1994 are now eligible.****

Download tournament registration form at www.kyswa.org, under "Forms", Title is "2007 Elementary State Tournament - 3/3/2007 - Conner". 

===========================================================

Where:  Conner High School

I want to go on record and challenge the eligibility of anyone in my son's weight class.  Just kidding. :-D

LOL....that is so NOT funny!!!

How will the team awards be decided.  Will it be total points for all kids on the team or will it be point of your best 10 or 15 kids named as scorers at the beginning of the tournament.  I really dislike the total for all the kids on the team.  It doesn't allow any other teams other than the ones that always win it to have a chance.  McCreary will be #1 and Larue will be #2.  If we wanted to encourage Quantity and Quality we could give a team point for each wrestler entered on top of the finish points for your best 10 or 15 kids.

There are 36 brackets.  If a team has more than one kid in a particular bracket they will have to, at time of registration, name their point scorer.  The issue of a team winning solely on having the most kids will never be solved at this level.  We cut the weight classes down from 56 to 36 simply to eliminate a great deal of empty or 1-2 person weight classes.

We're making too much out of who will be the Ky State Championship team at this level.  The kids should be our only concern.  Are they learning, enjoying and wanting to comeback next year.  I say, within reason, the more kids to receive medals the better.

stanmms, I agree with you on the medals part.  It would be nice if we could have all the kids go home with something but that is more in-line with how invitationals should be run rather than state tournaments.  On the team competition if it goes to the team with the most kids it will always go to them same few teams making the entire team competition pointless.  The only teams that get rewarded are ones with high numbers not quality wrestlers.  Not saying those teams don't have quality.  If we do it the same way as always no one will pay any attention to it and really the only ones that should enter the team competition would be 3 or 4 teams.

Bring your tired, hungry and poor.  We'll feed em'all.

Just for your information those going to Conner on March 3rd for the Ky Youth State Tournament a full breakfast will be setup for weary travelers.  We will have biscuits and gravy, sausage biscuits, bacon and egg biscuits, coffee, juice, milk, donuts, cereal, danishes, and muffins beginning at 8:00 in the cafeteria.

Conner boosters will be offering a full lunch also.

Just wanted to bump this thread to make it clear to everyone, there will be 1 elementary state tournament this year, Saturday, March 3rd at Conner H.S.  This tournament will be pre-registration only!  You can download a flyer by going to www.kyswa.org then go under Forms, then click on "2007 Elementary State Tournament - 3/3/2007 - Conner" under Tournament Flyers.

All registrations are due by March 1st!!!  Please do not turn them in late.  You can fax them to me at 859-586-2119.