Sign in to follow this  
W2311

Region 3 Tournament

The fact that they had to stop wrestling, stand in the center of the mats, and yell to announce that the Fire Marshal was called and people need to leave speaks for itself. I’d just like to make sure that this doesn’t happen again. Probably a great training facility, but there is no way it should have ever been considered as a MS Regional site.  

This ties in with the High School thread but finding space for an event isnt easy.  Wrestling requires a large amount of space.  Indoor spaces are still hard to rent at this point, and if schools wont let teams host, then you are stuck with who is willing to let you host or use their venue. 

Why would schools be unwilling to let their facilities be used to host?  Tournaments are held all year long at various schools.  

I find it hard to believe with all the high schools available in the Louisville area 1 wouldn’t allow you to host the Region 3 tournament.  Numbers were low, you could have held it in a middle school.

1 hour ago, VisionQuest said:

I find it hard to believe with all the high schools available in the Louisville area 1 wouldn’t allow you to host the Region 3 tournament.  Numbers were low, you could have held it in a middle school.

Your talking about a district that cancel sports seasons in 2020 and 2021, you think they will let teams use facilities?

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 10:07 AM, W2311 said:

The fact that they had to stop wrestling, stand in the center of the mats, and yell to announce that the Fire Marshal was called and people need to leave speaks for itself. I’d just like to make sure that this doesn’t happen again. Probably a great training facility, but there is no way it should have ever been considered as a MS Regional site.  

Yes I stopped the tournament with 62 matches to go because someone called the fire Marshall 4 times! So he showed up and said if I don't get ppl out of the building then he will shut me down and everyone will have to go. I did not force anyone to leave. Noone else stepped up to host regions. I am sorry if you were uncomfortable but you could have left. I wanted to run it in 3 sessions of 5 weight classes but others thought that took away from the teams. If someone wouldn't of called the fire marshal we wouldn't of had a problem. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/6/2022 at 10:07 AM, W2311 said:

The fact that you joined Sunday just to bash someone says alot about you just saying