Sign in to follow this  
oldman52

State finals predictions!!

Its friday before regionals I say lets start the debate..

70-  Brock Ervin uc  vs  Garth Yenter  cc

75-  Matt Fahy  vs  Jason Asbury bc

82-  John Fahy  vs  TJ Ruschell  gray

89-  Shane White wc  vs  Lane Jones  con

96-  Brent Hitchings tri  vs  Kevin Cooper  twen

103-  Luke Troxell mc  vs  Zack Salyers  jc

110-  JJ Jude jc  vs  Aaron King mc

117-  Caleb Ervin uc  vs  Marshall Miller lc

124-  Zack Byrd wc  vs  Shaquille cox lc

131-  Justin Rock lc  vs  Shirey  cros

140-  not sure

150-  Timothy McKinney uc  vs  Bernard Ray lc

165-  not sure

185-  Drew Newberry lc  vs  Chase Ritchey bc

hwt-  not sure

What region appears to be the toughest in the middle school division? 

OLDMAN 52: i am not firmiliar with the heavier weights, but i go along with alot of your picks at the lower ones.

70: Garth Yenter vs Brock Ervin

75: Matt Fahy vs Logan Wedding

82: John Fahy vs TJ Ruschel

89: Lane Jones vs Nick Paden or Wade Holtsclaw

96: Brent Hitchings vs Kevin Cooper or John Stout

103: Zack Salyers vs Luke Troxel

110: JJ Jude vs Shawn Hull

Beyond these weights I am not firmiliar enough to make any predictions. Good luck to everyone and lets hope for a well ran tournament , with alot of exciting matches as well as good sportsmanship!

OLDMAN 52: i am not firmiliar with the heavier weights, but i go along with alot of your picks at the lower ones.

70: Garth Yenter vs Brock Ervin

75: Matt Fahy vs Logan Wedding

82: John Fahy vs TJ Ruschel

89: Lane Jones vs Nick Paden or Wade Holtsclaw

96: Brent Hitchings vs Kevin Cooper or John Stout

103: Zack Salyers vs Luke Troxel

110: JJ Jude vs Shawn Hull

Beyond these weights I am not firmiliar enough to make any predictions. Good luck to everyone and lets hope for a well ran tournament , with alot of exciting matches as well as good sportsmanship!

May i remind you that Shane White has pinned Lane Jones

Kentucky 10: Not sure about that. Obviously I havent seen any of these kids wrestle all of their matches, but I am thinking you may have Lane confused with his younger brother..

Just curious . How many regions are there ? Only second year in sport . Son placed today to make state and was wondering how many kids would be there .

As far as the predictions go , I am to new to say anything . I can say TJ Ruschell for 1 was upset at regionals today . Not sure of impact just heard some guys talking like it was huge I think there were a couple other shockers but i will have to check . Congrats to Gray for winning the team part , 2nd was Campbell Co. and 3 rd was Ockerman .

CONGRATS TO ALL OF THESE YOUNG MEN  AND LADIES IF ANY . Ther was 1 from Ockerman that was making a run through the losers bracket . Not sure if she made it .

At 70 pounds there are a bunch of tough guys- Wedding, Ervin, Yenter, Lampe.  No one mentions the Lampe kid much but I've seen him wrestle a lot this year and he's good.  He's technical.  I would have to go with Ervin.  Yenter threw a big fit over losing to Ervin at the FCI- it was kind of embarassing for him I'm sure.

i dont think that jj jude(110) or zach salyers(103) will have any competetion at middle school state. As long as they both keep wrestilng as good as they have all year.  :mrgreen:

jimmy;

while i agree with you, never say never. There have been several time in the past (this year could be the worst for it at the MS level) that wrestlers who have BREEZED through the "regular season" have come to state and been upset. JJ and Zack are talented wrestlers, but if they don't bring their "A" game to state this year, anything can happen.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL 240 GRAPPLERS THIS WEEKEND AT CENTRAL HARDIN!! (yes, that is the total # of wrestlers this weekend, 16 wrestlers per weight and 15 weights!!)