Sign in to follow this  
ekybigman

3rd Annual Kentucky Elementary State Tournament Mar 24 2007

March 24 is not long away.

The reason behind the March 24 date is that many elementary schools

do not get started with wrestling until late because of limited mats and space.Good help is hard to come by and Mathound could testify how

tough it is to get help at this level.

We are moving to Kentucky March 4th, my son is 8 years old and has qualified for the Ohio Grade School States.  He will not be able to wrestle in the state tournament due to the move, will he be eligible to wrestle in the Kentucky youth Tournament?  My company will be moving us to a temporary facility until we close on our house.  Please respond because my son loves to compete in this sport and has done so for 4 years.

We are moving to Kentucky March 4th, my son is 8 years old and has qualified for the Ohio Grade School States.  He will not be able to wrestle in the state tournament due to the move, will he be eligible to wrestle in the Kentucky youth Tournament?  My company will be moving us to a temporary facility until we close on our house.  Please respond because my son loves to compete in this sport and has done so for 4 years.

I don't see why he wouldn't be able to.  As long as you have a Kentucky mailing address.  Your new place of residence would be your temporary living arrangements.  Where will you be moving to in Kentucky.

Bring your tired, hungry and poor.  We'll feed em'all.

Just for your information those going to Conner on March 3rd for the Ky Youth State Tournament a full breakfast will be setup for weary travelers.  We will have biscuits and gravy, sausage biscuits, bacon and egg biscuits, coffee, juice, milk, donuts, cereal, danishes, and muffins beginning at 8:00 in the cafeteria.

Conner boosters will be offering a full lunch also.

Looks like this is shaping up to be a great tournament. Wrestlers from all over the state are coming to Paintsville on March 24 for the State Elementary Tournament.

Please keep in mind that this tournament like all other youth tournaments in the state is an open tournament. Any wrestler 12 and under who is a resident of the state of Kentucky is welcome to come and wrestle.

We are going to have food too. 

Looks like this is shaping up to be a great tournament. Wrestlers from all over the state are coming to Paintsville on March 24 for the State Elementary Tournament.

Please keep in mind that this tournament like all other youth tournaments in the state is an open tournament. Any wrestler 13 and under who is a resident of the state of Kentucky is welcome to come and wrestle.

We are going to have food too. 

My son is a 13 year old 8th grader can he come :evil:

Does 7th grade 12 year olds get to go.  I'm trying to point out previous year problems where some kids that were above 6th grade competed in the Elem State tournament.  It was only required that they be below a certain age not grade.  Don't get me wrong I'm in favor of the USA format of 2yr blocks of age groups but pick one or the other.  It would need to be called a youth state tournament.  If it is going to be a Elem State tournament it needs to be restricted to K-6 graders.

Eligibility requirements are clearly outlined on the Conner flyer.  It is under the posting for the Youth State Tournament on 3/3/07.

I don't see why he wouldn't be able to.  As long as you have a Kentucky mailing address.  Your new place of residence would be your temporary living arrangements.  Where will you be moving to in Kentucky.

We will be moving to the Mt. Sterling area in Montgomery county

From the acting elementary state president.

In the spirit of the sport, Coach Matney does not believe it is morally or ethically right to argue about and/or split the elementary school state tournament.  Johnson Central will not host the 2007 state tournament, but will instead host the 2008 tournament.  Coach Matney is endorsing the March 3rd Connor state tournament.  All teams that had committed to the  JC tournament are encouraged to participate at Connor.

From the acting elementary state president.

In the spirit of the sport, Coach Matney does not believe it is morally or ethically right to argue about and/or split the elementary school state tournament.  Johnson Central will not host the 2007 state tournament, but will instead host the 2008 tournament.  Coach Matney is endorsing the March 3rd Connor state tournament.  All teams that had committed to the  JC tournament are encouraged to participate at Connor.

Wow - Kudos to Coach Matney & JC for putting this issue to rest.  Thank you for the endorsement.  Best of luck to your program in the future.

even though I have no dog in this fight, I find that my respect for those making that decision has gone

way up.  It takes a true man to look out for the best interests of the kids.

even though I have no dog in this fight, I find that my respect for those making that decision has gone

way up.  It takes a true man to look out for the best interests of the kids.

I agree.  Very hard thing to do.  Thanks JC.

OK a couple of things

1st: Now I know that no one from Christian County came to the meeting, but we did request to host and lost out to Ryle, so with Johnson Central now hosting in 2008 does that mean we get it in 2009?

2nd: Earlier this year some of the coaches in region 1 mentioned regional tournaments. Are we going to have regionals or is the tournament going to be open like previous seasons.

3rd: if we are going to have yearly meeting could we make them centrally located, and no Lexington is not central, E-town would be more like it.

The plan for 2008 is to have each region, (northern ky, eastern, Louisville, western), each host regional tournaments.  These ARE NOT QUALIFIERS for the state tournament.  We are using these to build awareness around the state for youth wrestling.  Our goal before turning the regional tourneys into qualifiers is to have a minimum of 500 kids in the regionals. 

In order to receive consideration for a state tournament you must attend the regional and state meetings as well as have kids participate in those events.  We are exploring the possibility of a fixed site.

We will actually be having two meetings per year, location has yet to be determined.

Please forward your email address to stanmms@fuse.net to receive updates.