Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

KentuckyWrestling.com HS Rankings - 2006/2007 January 10

So Wayne Counties three headed monster has officially dropped weight? (Sullivan 103, Daniels 112, Vinsant 119) I saw them wrestle just last weekend and they were still at their other weights 112,119 and 125, have they dropped or this just an assumption that they are going to drop.?

So Wayne Counties three headed monster has officially dropped weight? (Sullivan 103, Daniels 112, Vinsant 119) I saw them wrestle just last weekend and they were still at their other weights 112,119 and 125, have they dropped or this just an assumption that they are going to drop.?

Somewhat an assumption.  Do you know what they weighed in at?  They may have bumped up for duals.  I saw the weigh-in sheet from Dec 30 and they were all within a pound of the lower weights.  I can't imagine they are all 3 dropping the weight for the fun of it.

Guest jakethesnake

Thanks for posting the rankings.  Just an FYI []Jake Maupin (fairdale)  is his given name (not Jacob).  THANKS!

Everyone makes this seem like its such a big deal what you are ranked. If you get moved down 5 spots or so, use that as a ignition for your fire, and strive to win. Don't complain to Ranger, which might I add, does these rankings at his own will, just for something to discuss and its his own consumption as to what the final state tournament, when all is said and done, will end up like. Give him a break, you are going to eventually drive him to stop the rankings. I'm not pointing out anyone, cause I might have even been guilty of complaining a time or two, but no way in h*** was it about myself. Just, relax.

Everyone makes this seem like its such a big deal what you are ranked. If you get moved down 5 spots or so, use that as a ignition for your fire, and strive to win. Don't complain to Ranger, which might I add, does these rankings at his own will, just for something to discuss and its his own consumption as to what the final state tournament, when all is said and done, will end up like. Give him a break, you are going to eventually drive him to stop the rankings. I'm not pointing out anyone, cause I might have even been guilty of complaining a time or two, but no way in h*** was it about myself. Just, relax.

Nah, I don't usually let anyone get to me enough to quit doing this.  Sometimes I do get a little ticked off at people complaining and I give them a hard time, but it's all fun.

I don't think Sullivan will have a problem staying down at 105...(even though I think it would be better for his college career if he stayed heavier at 112/114) I also think Malcom Jackson will take Peace, although I think Peace has the technique I think Jackson has the heart. I think 215 will be Winter and Chaney in the finals...with Winter coming out on top, call me crazy but when I saw him at Dunbar region duels he just seemed to have an unorthodox style no one can handle . Also i think after Byrd's loss he'll have the determination to run away with state, although you never know what will happen with the heavies.

Jackson won't come close to beating Peace this year, it was a fluke last year at state duals. And you are saying that Jackson has the heart? You are talking about a team leader who didnt make weight at regionals, and wasn't even close. He was well over a pound over weight. Peace has heart, he went from city to city wrestling as part of an intensive camp (I believe it was 3 weeks) and was good enough at camp they made him a counselor, went to Jeff Jordan's camp in Ohio(very hard) and beat the competition there. No way does he lose this year to any in-state competition, and in no way does any other wrestler have MORE heart than that kid does.

Jackson won't come close to beating Peace this year, it was a fluke last year at state duals.

We may find out this weekend.  Is Ryle going to S. Dearborn? 

It certainly sounds like Peace worked very hard over the summer.  This is one of the match ups I was hoping to see this weekend.  The other is between Wolsiefer and the person that gave him his only loss from last year.  I don't know if that match will happen though.

You know a lot of times, we don't take into account the fact that some of these guys have been wrestling since elementary school, while some of the others came into the game late, like just since high school.  They spend a lot of time trying to play catch-up and people just look at how high they are ranked, without giving credit to how much they have accomplished in a shorter period of time.  Sometimes I am surprised to see that a kid that has been wrestling only a couple of years won, or came close to winning a match, with another guy that had been wrestling for a much longer period of time.  We just talk about how great the kid that won is.

Somewhat an assumption.  Do you know what they weighed in at?  They may have bumped up for duals.  I saw the weigh-in sheet from Dec 30 and they were all within a pound of the lower weights.  I can't imagine they are all 3 dropping the weight for the fun of it.

Yeah they weighed in really low wit Sullivan arond 106.something, Daniels 116.something, and Vinsant 122.something. Wayne could be  team to look out for at state if these three can get a little help from their teammates.

We may find out this weekend.  Is Ryle going to S. Dearborn? 

It certainly sounds like Peace worked very hard over the summer.  This is one of the match ups I was hoping to see this weekend.  The other is between Wolsiefer and the person that gave him his only loss from last year.  I don't know if that match will happen though.

1st off littleschool130 that is a seriously cocky statement. Like thats like really disrespectful that whole piece you wrote was degrading and a personal attack on someone you dont even know. Malcolm feels horrible for missing weight an paid dearly for missing but for you to say that when you dont even kno him is over the line, but i agree 100% peace is a tramendous wrestler one of the best technique artist ive ever seen

2nd the guy that beat johnny last year at 160 when johhny bumed up his name is Murk he's from east central an unfortuantly we wont get to see a rematch because hes drop down to 152 for the first time this year for this tournament

1st off littleschool130 that is a seriously cocky statement. Like thats like really disrespectful that whole piece you wrote was degrading and a personal attack on someone you dont even know. Malcolm feels horrible for missing weight an paid dearly for missing but for you to say that when you dont even kno him is over the line, but i agree 100% peace is a tramendous wrestler one of the best technique artist ive ever seen

2nd the guy that beat johnny last year at 160 when johhny bumed up his name is Murk he's from east central an unfortuantly we wont get to see a rematch because hes drop down to 152 for the first time this year for this tournament

no offense was intended towards jackson, i was just stating that i think jackson doesnt have as much heart as peace does, for reasons cited. i feel all that jackson has on peace, and im not even sure if he has this on him, is strength. but we will see when the time comes.

Sorry this so late.  I haven't had any real time to reply, just read the the forums.  Any how,  Wednesday, at Oldham Co. H.S., Dakoda Choate (PRP 160) dec. 4-2  Ty Wolfe (NHAR 160).  Choate got a takedown at the end of the 1st.  Wolfe escaped early in the 2nd.  Choate reversed in the 3rd and wolfe got an escape.  Very fast paced match with alot of good scrambling.

I believe the final score of Peace's and Jackson's match was 7-5 today at South Dearborn, if I remember correctly, it was tied for a while, Peace might of even been down and then ended up pulling it off. But Peace looked warn out, in out of shape. Both wrestlers overall looked superb. Nice job guys, and nice job to everyone that attended, there was great matches and competition.

I believe the final score of Peace's and Jackson's match was 7-5 today at the Dragon Invitational, if I remember correctly, it was tied for a while, Peace might of even been down and then ended up pulling it off. But Peace looked warn out, in out of shape. Both wrestlers overall looked superb. Nice job guys, and nice job to everyone that attended, there was great matches and competition.

It was at the South Dearbourne thing.

Final was 9-5. With about a minute left it was 6-5, but peace got an escape and takedown to seal it. 2 more chances for the matchup to happen again with south oldham and state duals, then of course state. If thueneman is indeed staying at 140, that would make things interesting.

Today at the Big East:

119:Roderick Shoulders(East) beat Jacob Barton(TRI) 11-3

125:Grant Ohlmann(TRI) once again got beat by Jake Wempe(UNION)

135:Justin Davis(East) beat Johnivon Oggs(NH) and Luke Ervin(UNION)

285:James Payne(IRQ) beat Matt Ballinger(NH)

Way Co Bryan Daniels  11

Un Co Adam Carr  12

HC Cliff Cornett  12

Mon Co Ross Carpenter-Fraser  11

PD Jon Voth  11

Tri Dan Smith  11

Sen Jeff Warra  10

Ryle Sam Scheuer  12

Whit Co Dalton Evans  11

Con TJ Bates  9

JC JJ Jude  7

Wood Co Ethan Miller  11

FC Daniel Wiexler  11

PRP Nick Reichmuth  11

Moore Zachary Michael  9

Meade Arthur Ohmes  11

Hol Brandon Wren  9

Scott Steve Supe  9

Cen Mark Brewer

CH Kyle Terry  8

NH Brandon Wilder  11

Lar Co Joey Henderson  9

And Co Ben Joseph  10

TC Anthony Merkel

Ath John Becerra  9

I believe sam scheuer from ryle is gonna be the sleeper at state don't be surprised if he ends up placing in the top 4 i'm pretty sure he hasn't lost a region six match this year even when they bump him up to wrestle 119 he is something to be reckond with

yea i saw that kid wrestle in the finals against daniel wexler at soth dearborn it was a good match,fast paced but controlled mostly by the ryle kid he is pretty good an may end out as a sleeper

He is definitially not getting enough recognition i mean when i saw him at conference he manhandled everyone at 119 and 112 in our region but it isnt the strongest this year

You're not laughing it's more like you're crying. I think ranger does a good job with his rankings. You want to critique Rangers rankings but you've not made a case for yourself. You did mention that 18 of your 22 wins were pins but who did you pin? Give us some names. Heck I don't even know who you are so please give us some details as to why you should be ranked higher.

Hey know dont go off on the kid, 18 of 22 is great, and let the kid prove himself at state, thats when everyone shows there true colors, thats where i intend to show mine