Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

KentuckyWrestling.com HS Rankings - 2006/2007 January 3

i am sorry but southern  is in the top 40 we beat VALLY(27)last night i know you will say they have 3 guys that will go farther than anyone else in the state but come on thats all they got is 3 guys are 4 guys YEA they are good  but  i don't think they should be 27 in the state and we(southern) beat them last night and you say we are not in the top 40 i am noit tryibng to ripp anyone(vally i am not trying to ripp you  all ) i just dont understand how you are coming up with this

I suggest you quit wrestling immediately and take more grammer and English. You should read more and type less.

I suggest you quit wrestling immediately and take more grammer and English. You should read more and type less.

some people just do not type as fast as they think - but the spell check feature can be very helpful  :wink:

Southern135;

You could take your whole team to the state tourney, but if they don't win a match then they score zero points. 

Whereas a team could have one kid on the team, take one kid to the state tournament and score 34 (if he pins everyone and is state champ.)

You would defeat this team in a dual 78 to 6 but lose to them in the state tourney.

A good example of this is Meade Co.  They are a 1st year team that has a full squad (I think they have about 30 kids on their team).  They defeat the teams in duals that have only 3-7 wrestlers, but loose to bigger teams.

In a individual bracket tourney however many of those smaller teams will defeat Meade Co. because they have almost all 1st year wrestlers that will not win many matches.

Hope this clears things up for the 1000th time. 

Hey Ranger you might solve these questions by adding a dual team rankings at the end also.  (Just a thought)

You would suggest that.  I have considered it, but haven't had time to think enough about it.  But I guess it may be time to add it.  Give me a week or so to sift through all of the results I have seen and maybe put together the top 20 or 25.

You would suggest that.  I have considered it, but haven't had time to think enough about it.  But I guess it may be time to add it.  Give me a week or so to sift through all of the results I have seen and maybe put together the top 20 or 25.

It might help to call them Tournament Team ranking or something similar - or maybe when people do the region rankings it should reflect the dual meet results - sometimes teams feel like they are being very successful in the head to head competition and as a team they are pretty good so maybe the individual ranking could reflect this "team" aspect of the sport - just a thought

Guest wrestler92

Southern135;

You could take your whole team to the state tourney, but if they don't win a match then they score zero points. 

Whereas a team could have one kid on the team, take one kid to the state tournament and score 34 (if he pins everyone and is state champ.)

You would defeat this team in a dual 78 to 6 but lose to them in the state tourney.

A good example of this is Meade Co.  They are a 1st year team that has a full squad (I think they have about 30 kids on their team).  They defeat the teams in duals that have only 3-7 wrestlers, but loose to bigger teams.

In a individual bracket tourney however many of those smaller teams will defeat Meade Co. because they have almost all 1st year wrestlers that will not win many matches.

Hope this clears things up for the 1000th time. 

Hey Ranger you might solve these questions by adding a dual team rankings at the end also.  (Just a thought)

Yes I think it is the 1000th time this has been said...and for some reason it's the same 1 or 2 that don't understand it.  But good job on the rankings and I think everyone, except for the one or two, would understand if you didn't do a team rankings for dual meets.  It's just that much more time and then someone, maybe the aforementioned individuals, will be wondering why there team is number 12 on this one but number 22 on the other......they just won't get it.  Maybe do the top ten dual teams and that should keep it out of the question.  Thanks.

Ranger, great job as usual. The only food for thought that I have for you is, you may be under estimating Blake Sheehan just a little. He is undefeated with a pin over Scott Wheeler at 160. I'd say maybe top 3 right now. We will find out how tough he really is this weekend after he wrestles Cooper.

Ranger, great job as usual. The only food for thought that I have for you is, you may be under estimating Blake Sheehan just a little. He is undefeated with a pin over Scott Wheeler at 160. I'd say maybe top 3 right now. We will find out how tough he really is this weekend after he wrestles Cooper.

I know what you are saying, he does look like a completely different wrestler, in a good way.  But I'm having a hard time moving him ahead of those other guys until he beats them or they lose to someone else (lower).  This is shaping up to be an interesting weight class.

you could throw cody war(harr) in the rankings at 119, he went into over time with nathan green and lost to a bad take down call, and was leading abdul aghil 12-4 and got "D.Q."

Kentucky was well represented at Ravenwood, Tn. today. Ky teams were North Hardin, Christian County, and Caldwell Co. North Hardin I believe won the tournament with a bunch of kids in the finals.(left before the end.)  130 finals were Matt Eck Dec. Jake Skinner 9-4. The 152 finals Cory Armstrong got 2nd also. Donnie Thomas at 215 placed 3rd. Caldwell had one in the final Curt Martin but left before saw his match.

Andre Zeppa is ranked second because he has beaten both Chui and Josh Johnson. I think his only loss is to Nick Norwood.

Yes but Shane Parks from Woodford has beat them both, Chui worse than andre, and man handled Johnson at WCI, sounds like a state champ to me

Yes but Shane Parks from Woodford has beat them both, Chui worse than andre, and man handled Johnson at WCI, sounds like a state champ to me

119 is a tough weight class as mentioned on other posts.  Any of the top 10 could cause an upset.  Parks is a talented wrestler however, I would not say that a 5-4 score is considered a man-handle.