Sign in to follow this  
coachteater

Region 7 brackets

17 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Glad you all waste little time in getting these brackets to the public. Some regions have the seeding meeting and wait 5 days before releasing them. 

Yeah, not sure the reasoning behind this. Region 5 is done, but not released

I have been vocal in seeding meetings in the past that once the bracket is built there is no reason to try and hide it. Coaches sometimes want to "hide" who their kids have to wrestle but I consider than an exercise in futility

1 hour ago, Eat at Joe's said:

Who do we have to ask? 

My guess is that it is up to the region coaches. The computer operator for region 5 is David Graves of Woodford.  They have all the region info listed on khsaa website.  

When were the seed meeting for these regions? Did you guys do it at a Super Bowl party?  

I believe Region 6 seed meeting, here in Nky is wed with wrestling on Friday. 

2 minutes ago, grappler-of-old said:

That makes for a long weekend.  Middle school state Sat. Youth state Sun and seed meeting whew you guys are studs. 

With our region being so spread out, sunday is best. Plus it takes us around 3-4 hrs usually. Be very hard on a week night. And in our region pretty much none of our high school coaches do anything with midle school or youth, so it' not a conflict. 

I give a huge thank you to Ken Hockensmith from Western Hills/Bondurant.  He took care of coaching my youth kids for me on Sunday.