Sign in to follow this  
Chris Duke

Rankings 1-3-18

1 hour ago, Bulldoglife said:

Thanks Again Duke. Takes alot of work and time to keep this up. Keyandre Larry from Holmes is unfortunately out for the season. Broken leg.

Prayers for a speedy recovery. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bulldoglife said:

Thanks Again Duke. Takes alot of work and time to keep this up. Keyandre Larry from Holmes is unfortunately out for the season. Broken leg.

Terrible news.  I feel your pain.  Noah goes under the knife Thursday for a torn labrum.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bulldoglife said:

I second that. Thanks a lot Mr Duke you do a great job. 

Always, sorry to hear about Keyandre. Blue went through not being able to wrestle last year. We’ll be praying for the young man. 

• Upvote 1

I always appreciate you putting these together, but I do sometimes wonder how you get the kids ranked where they are? I know most of it probably comes from track and where they place. I know with there being a lot of Dual meets this year it would be hard to keep up with who beat who and whatnot. Asking not out of disrespect but out of genuine curiosity. We follow the season pretty closely and its sometimes hard when you see a kid that your kid beat on more than one occasion ranked higher than him. That being said I like him seeing that and making sure he puts the work in to prove he is earning his spot in the rankings.

On 1/5/2018 at 10:50 AM, Chris Duke said:

Terrible news.  I feel your pain.  Noah goes under the knife Thursday for a torn labrum.  

Prayers are with Noah as well.

9 hours ago, Ciecon said:

I always appreciate you putting these together, but I do sometimes wonder how you get the kids ranked where they are? I know most of it probably comes from track and where they place. I know with there being a lot of Dual meets this year it would be hard to keep up with who beat who and whatnot. Asking not out of disrespect but out of genuine curiosity. We follow the season pretty closely and its sometimes hard when you see a kid that your kid beat on more than one occasion ranked higher than him. That being said I like him seeing that and making sure he puts the work in to prove he is earning his spot in the rankings.

It's hard to get results.  I come on here just about every time I put out rankings asking for results.  This doesn't work without your help.  98 is very even after the top few kids.  Your boy had a nice tournament at the Brawl and will be just fine.  I'm pretty sure your son has also lost to the same kid ahead of him at your tournament.  If I have the wrong person I'm sorry in advance. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Chris Duke said:

It's hard to get results.  I come on here just about every time I put out rankings asking for results.  This doesn't work without your help.  98 is very even after the top few kids.  Your boy had a nice tournament at the Brawl and will be just fine.  I'm pretty sure your son has also lost to the same kid ahead of him at your tournament.  If I have the wrong person I'm sorry in advance. 

I Understand 100%. You have us right! 98 is shaping up to be one of the toughest weight classes for the year in my opinion. I should have probably stated previously that it wasn't just this year we had kids ranked higher that he had beat. He needs to put in the work to even get noticed so I am happy he is making some kind of name for himself. It's a tough call on rankings and one I am glad I dont have to make. I appreciate it! Prayers for you all with Noah's surgery. hoping its an easy recovery!

On 1/5/2018 at 11:50 AM, Chris Duke said:

That sucks Duke, I hope everything works out.