Sign in to follow this  
crazyotto

Rankings are out

What’s your take on individual and team rankings? 

Great to see Iowa St making waves with some nice recruits. I am always pulling for Kolat to do good things at Campbell. 

B1G Ten will be it’s brutal self. I would not be surprised to see Michigan and/or Minnesota overperform their rankings. 

Interested to see how Tomasello holds up at 125. He is a stud, but will be sucking a lot of weight. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, crazyotto said:

What’s your take on individual and team rankings? 

Great to see Iowa St making waves with some nice recruits. I am always pulling for Kolat to do good things at Campbell. 

B1G Ten will be it’s brutal self. I would not be surprised to see Michigan and/or Minnesota overperform their rankings. 

Interested to see how Tomasello holds up at 125. He is a stud, but will be sucking a lot of weight. 

Ahhh wrestling season is upon us. I can definitely see Michigan finishing above their preseason projection. They completed their wrestle offs tonight, including a pretty surprising loss of their recent all American transfer, Beazley (best 2 out of 3, no fluke). Projected AA, Amine barely pulled out the win, too. Some serious depth in Ann Arbor. 

I'm very excited for the heavyweight matchups. I can't see anyone beating Coon or Snyder to make the finals, however a healthy Stoll will be a handful for everyone else. I hope he can stay injury free  and get his title next year, post Snyder and Coon. 

I usually don't follow 125 too closely, but I'll definitely be pulling for Sean Fausz to make his way on to the podium. A healthy Tomasello is the odds on favorite, but you're right about the weight cut, and his recent injury will close the gap. I'm curious to see if Suriano regresses from being in a different room?  

• Upvote 1

Fausz is KY's best shot at AA. His rankings show him just outside the top eight, which I am sure he is using as motivation. 

The pundits seem to think this will be a down year for Iowa. It will be interesting to see what the Brands boys do with their lineup.

• Upvote 1

Lots of interesting things this season. 

Penn State has 5 returning national champs but aren’t returning Big Ten champs. Ohio State has the horsepower to win it all. But the Buckeyes always seem to be hurt compared to just teams. Then again Coach Ryan gets his guys to peak better than everyone except PSU. Tomasello, Moore, and Snyder are favored to win. Throw in a healthy set of Jordan’s and McKenna, not to mention a former national champ in Myles Martin and all bets are off. 

Iowa is trending down. I’ve always loved to hate them but always respected them. But bringing in Downey!?

Iowa State is loading up.  They will be a force sooner than later.  Easier said than done though just look at WVU and Henson  

• Upvote 1

Man, I don’t know why Iowa would bring in Downey. Who needs that kind of distraction in such a strong program. I can see a team just outside the top take a gamble, but Iowa??? 

Great weekend of wrestling so far. I watched Va Tech v Stanford. I’ve been a VTech fan from a distance. Solid line up. How did KY boys fare this weekend?

• Upvote 1