Sign in to follow this  
thomam

2017 Kentucky JV State

Wrestlers entered into the tournament so far 2017 KY JV State Entries

We will be having the JV state tournament at Moore on Saturday Feb. 4th. This is the Saturday after State Duals. This is something positive to keep your younger back-up wrestlers motivated throughout the year because they too will have state title to shoot for. Please provide them this opportunity.

A JV Regional must be held before Feb. 4th. Top two placers from each region will advance to make it a 16 man bracket. Make sure to wrestle to all places because we always end up using lots of alternates so your 3rd and 4th place finishers may be called up. 

We have had a few regions not participate because of logistical reasons. If you are a coach in a region who chooses not to hold a JV regional but you would still like to have your JV wrestlers participate then let me know.

The qualifications are:

- Grades 9-12
- wrestler can not enter if he has wrestled in the KHSAA State tournament in any of his previous years.
- Wrestler places 1st or 2nd in JV Region to advance to JV State.
- Teams may enter no more then 2 wrestlers per weight class. If both wrestlers make it to state, only one will be a scorer.

With that said I would like to know who will be holding qualifiers/regionals. Qualifiers or regionals can be round robin or traditional tournament format. If you are doing them on a week night I advise short periods all the way through.

REGION 4. Please contact me if you would like to host.

1: Christian County Dec. 29th  RESULTS RECEIVED
2: Larue County Jan. 15th RESULTS RECEIVED
3:??
4: Moore Completed Jan. 20th RESULTS RECEIVED
5: Scott Feb. 1st??
6: Holmes Jan. 24th
7: Paul Dunbar Jan. 25th
8:

37 minutes ago, LCalum said:

Are there more than 3 mats this year?    This tournament was a grind last year.  Last match was after 10 PM

Jeez.. Let's hope so. That would be a long day. 

When you click on the 2017 JV State Entries and see each of the weight classes with the random draws, does that represent how the brackets will be drawn up?

Thank you for posting. Like the varsity and middle school events; Will the wrestlers be ranked? Will brackets be posted? Will this event be on track wrestling?  Thank you for the time.

There will be 4 mats this year.

This will not be on track wrestling but we will post it on our team website with links to brackets and team scores as the tourney goes on. www.mtswrestling.com

There are so many alternates every year that the tournament usually gets randomly drawn. The draw table never ends up being the actual match ups. Just a way for me to keep up with entries really.

As of right now we have 11 full brackets. 106 has 15 wrestlers, 120 has 13 wrestlers, and 220 has 15 wrestlers.

14 minutes ago, Mutch said:

But when you open the updated PDF only the 106 bracket is there.....no other bracket

What are you using? It might be an issue with the phones because someone else showed me that problem but it works fine on my computer