Sign in to follow this  
depperschmidt

Nice W TJ

On January 8, 2017 at 9:52 PM, wildcat2002 said:

Ryans been having a terrible year. Unfortunately the buckeyes don't appear to be looking for a replacement.

I remember Goldman (IU) did the same tactic for his son, too.  

Still an an awesome win for TJ. 

• Upvote 1

B1G Ten received 9 allocations at 157. TJ looks to be a 7/8 seed in the conference tourney. The top three guys at this weight are solid, but after that I see opportunity for TJ to place higher than his seed. 

• Upvote 1

Got the 9 seed, so he will need to be on his game to AQ. With 9 AQs the committee seeds the entire field. Fourteen in this case. Not sure how 1st round of bracket looks (byes), but he will more than likely have 8 seed Danishek 1st round (winnable) and 1 seed Nolf in round two. 

• Upvote 1

Pretty brutal draw. No doubt TJ will wrestle hard, regardless of the outcome. Mastrini knocked off Devin Carter (V Tech) a few years back. This was after Carter's NCAA finalist appearance against Steiber (Ohio St.). 

I'm curious to see V Tech's placement at the NCAAs. Obviously, Dresser is out the door, but they have some serious firepower. 

Murphy (Michigan) scratched at 157. It appears the brackets have been redrawn and Ruschell will now face Victor Lopez (Bucknell). This is a much more favorable draw for Ruschell! 

• Upvote 2