Sign in to follow this  
wildcat2002

KY wrestling at Midlands and Scuffle

3 minutes ago, Old wrestler said:

Agreed. The Midlands and the Scuffle are both premiere D1 tournaments. 

On a totally unrelated note, did anyone catch the Midlands 157 final? WOW! We should see that matchup a few more times this season. Berger had some questionable calls go against him, but I could've watched those two go at it all day. 

That was a crazy bout. It was definitely an exciting week of wrestling. It's going  to be a fun year. A ton of young uds will be making noise at the big show this year.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Old wrestler said:

Agreed. The Midlands and the Scuffle are both premiere D1 tournaments. 

On a totally unrelated note, did anyone catch the Midlands 157 final? WOW! We should see that matchup a few more times this season. Berger had some questionable calls go against him, but I could've watched those two go at it all day. 

Been talking about that one quite a bit with a few buds. DVRd Midlands finals. We got to see Kemerer a few times at Ironman, he won at least once. He placed at Midlands last yr as redshirt frosh. Kid is a stud. Adds another layer to Iowa-PSU dual (he gets Nolf).

• Upvote 2

I know this post will result in a furious response, but ATM went 2-2 at the Southern Scuffle.  Based on results I have seen he has about a .500 record.  Decent for a D-1 team competing against very stiff competition, but not elite by any stretch

I saw some of his Southern Scuffle matches, and although Austin may have set Mizzou strength records, he still looks considerably undersized for a 285.  Compared with high school he has clearly tried to put on a lot of weight to compete at 285, however he consequently does not look quite as quick in executing drags and shucks as I have seen in the past.  Nature Boy this is not a criticism, he is competing against elite, upperclassmen at 285.

I really wish college had a 220 where Austin would not have to try to add 65 pounds to his frame to compete with the giants.

• Upvote 3

WD try not to be so harsh. In Austin defense he simply hasn't faced this type of competition in KY.  Specifically quality wrestlers his own age. He did attend grade level event, but was a year older than the competition. Eventually he attended flo and Fargo, but only as junior and senior. It will take time to make up for those years. I am confident he will a strong AA candidate his senior year after he's done with the weight adjustment.

I think he is closer to 285 than you think. I believe NB has mentioned around 265. With that being said, the smaller quicker heavys are doing pretty well these days.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well since you have to keep name dropping him because your an @ss your constantly saying he didn't face anyone to knock him ND it's so much BS he was the only freshman on the podium at state in his class his fresh yer ND he wrestled for team KY at Nationals where he was not only undersized at 220 but was younger than most he faced ND we think undefeated .He has more wins in Ohio in High School than in KY and when you make age at grade level nationals and he did that's who you face. 

Winning both OWS at Central region's and becoming the only double AA in his class at Fargo his Jr yr then bumping after going 220 all year his Sr yr winning nhsca and flo the same week and barely losing to the #1 hy in the country.

AS FOR YOUR COMMENT OUT HI BEING 500 I THINK HE'S 8 AND 7 WRESTLING SNYDER ,WALZ AND BLACK HIS FIRST MONTH AS A STARTER THING A LOSS TO DEJOURNETTE AND A BIT OF A SHOCK LOSS TO THE OU GUY AFTER LOSING TO SNYDER A COUPLE DAYS BEFORE AND BEING ON THE ROAD ALL WEEK RETURNS BEATS Nye who beat Gunning who bet Parker lol in the same month. So 4 losses to top ranked guys including two of the best and a close match with Black and 2 OT losses at Scuffle lol and a md over a guy who has been top 20 ranked this year and is the highest ranked guy in the MAC two wins over both UNI heavy stuff in dominant fashion and a 3rd place finish at the UNI open .Not bad for  kid who went 220 his whole HS career and I agree he's bullying up and adjusting not that some DA like you would understand it may slow him down but over time he will adjust his speed and technique will return only he will be stronger and healthier. OF COURSE IT WOULD BE FUN TO SEE HIM GO 197 AFTER COXGRDUATES BUT IT WILL NOT HAPPEN HIS TEAM SEEMS QUITE HAPPY WITH HIM AND HIS POTENTIAL AND IT HAS BEEN THEIR CHOICE TO KEEP HIM BULKED .I WISH THERE WAS A 220 OR 225 CLASS AS WELL IT WOULD HAVE STUDS AND BE AS EXCITING AS ANY OTHER CLASS MAYBE MORE BUT IT WILL NOT HAPPEN .

I DIDN'T SEE ANY FR OR SOPH ON PODIUM OR DOING GOOD ANY BETTER THAN AUSTIN AT HEAVY AT SCUFFLE AS FOR WOOD CONGRATS TO HIM HE RAN AND KEPT HIS RANKING I  HIGH SCHOOL NOT WRESTLING A SINGLE RANKED GUY FOR ALMOST 2YRs did not wrestle at flo when austin  did and it was in PA Hemida was entered did not show up and Dunn stayed home as well doubt he could make 220 After Austin Handled Brinson no one wanted to wrestle him .And if he does what he has always done he will be as dominant when his time  comes and no he didn't wrestle the Jr's and srs who are college heavies you idiot he was 220 and they were older in higher grades and weights .

Now go % yourself you piece of trash what makes you think you are worthy to critique any athlete let alone yes I will say it the Best on this state has ever seen .you kill me you and Otto the wrestling but buddies.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

AGAIN.

"I DIDN'T SEE ANY FR OR SOPH ON PODIUM OR DOING GOOD ANY BETTER THAN AUSTIN AT HEAVY AT SCUFFLE"

Billy Miller from Ohio placed at( hwt by beating dejournette, who austin just was majored by)  and despite being a sophomore is a year younger than austin. 

"Well since you have to keep name dropping him"

You don't think talking about the greatest 220 from ky, who is currently wrestling in college is is relevant to talk about in the college section of the ky wrestling site? This is THE place to talk about him. 

"He has more wins in Ohio in High School than in KY "

Can this be proven? You wouldn't bother bringing this up over and over if you felt ky wrestling was the same as ohio. Which is why I said he didn't face many quality opponents.

• Upvote 1

Looks like Austin will be competing against Larson (OU) on Sunday. Should be an excellent opportunity to get back on track. Transitioning from 220 to HWT in college can't be easy. 

I may have missed this, but is Stephen still down at Lindsey Wilson? I saw Pixley transferred to Grand View. I also didn't realize LW landed Tessari. That's a huge get. 

• Upvote 2

Well I think he was the lone soph  and Kasper who won the Whole thing only beat Everard 2 to 0 and Austin  MD Everard what's your point .Again every tie you point a finger there's 4 pointing back at Ya..

You like bringing up Parker who beat Austin but lost to Gunning that week then Gunning lost to Nye who lost to Austin all in the same week . And I don't know wtf you get your info from NB doesn't know crap about Austins weight he's 133 everyone looks bigger than life when your that small  .

You seem to cover your bases trying to say he will be no AA contender his Sr yr lol its not hard to see the class is loaded top heavy by upperclassmen Snyder Walz Medberry and a couple srs who rs I don't think Walz was a world beater his fresh yr ND Kasper who just won the scuffle certainly was not..

The bigger question is wgaf what you say your  dirtball.Austin says those MAC championship rings are tooooo sweet and he's the starter on a power 5 team as a fr and that's the bottom line no one getting their reps in like him .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My comment was simply that I think a 220 would be more in ATM's wheelhouse.  There is a huge gap between 197 and 285 and unbelievable that high school recognizes this and not college.

That said, being realistic, where the Southern Scuffle 197 had #1 versus #2 in the finals, the highest rated 285 in the Scuffle field was #8 Dejournette.  The champion from Duke is ranked 17th.  Only one of the top 10 heavyweights were even entered in the Scuffle.

• Upvote 3

On 1/3/2017 at 11:34 PM, wildcat2002 said:

I don't know where you get your rankings or how much you actually know about it obviously not much .

DEJOURNETTEE FINISHED 8TH AND NO ONE WOULD RANK HIM ABOVE KROELLS AND schafer HAS BEAT  KROELLS TWICE THIS YR .WITH Medbery in there would have been one of the big 3 heavies..KROELLS Butler Kasper Hughes and Miller along with Schaefer are probably all ranked above him now .You obviously have issues .220 would be a lot more in some people's wheelhouse lol but there is no 220 so he will stay around 248 where he is despite what nb tells you lol.

LARSON AND GUNNING TWO BIG TESTS FOR SURE .EITHER WAY if he goes 500 on Mizzous schedule he's pretty good about a third to a half of the top 30 are srs and another third Jr's everyone has their time Austins will come .And he's not 5 '10 133 he's a Man wrestling grown as men .

• Upvote 1

He finished 8 so obviously he wasn't the best guy there .I have seen Butler and some of the others and Kroells is rs or he would be a top 5 guy .And Shafer I think beat him twice I don't know what your talking about there are about 10 rankings evidently if intermat had him ranked highest there they were 7 places off .

On a bigger note your only relevance is talking about a kid whos shoes you could have never filled .

And Stephen is coaching under Roth at WV they are a very potent group nice to see Roth getting Stephen back in the sport 3 knee surgeries he's probably out for good but watching say the scuffle  and other tournaments and seeing all the kids he beat in HS or placed higher than glad he's coaching not many have his know how and none in the state can say they beat guys like collica Dance and all the others in high school and Jr High he beat in every style .

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

He finished 8 so obviously he wasn't the best guy there .I have seen Butler and some of the others and Kroells is rs or he would be a top 5 guy .And Shafer I think beat him twice I don't know what your talking about there are about 10 rankings evidently if intermat had him ranked highest there they were 7 places off .

On a bigger note your only relevance is talking about a kid whos shoes you could have never filled .

And Stephen is coaching under Roth at WV they are a very potent group nice to see Roth getting Stephen back in the sport 3 knee surgeries he's probably out for good but watching say the scuffle  and other tournaments and seeing all the kids he beat in HS or placed higher than glad he's coaching not many have his know how and none in the state can say they beat guys like collica Dance and all the others in high school and Jr High he beat in every style .

Hate to hear Stephen's career might be over. By all accounts, he seems like a terrific kid. 

• Upvote 2

Big injury halfway through his fr yr of HS and two acl surgeries and another scheduled after the season so he can coach .it's all good one door shuts another opens he always said he would never coach but coach Roth was adamant in trying to get him and now he seems to have taken a liking to it he actually trained with kids like Smith and Wells when he was still in Ohio he has friends and is probably more of a fellow athlete than a coach at times but he knows a lot and can wrestle everyone from 106 to heavy and knowing him he has always liked the underdog always took up for the smaller team or guy he will and is doing well at WV .

Just as Austin will and is doing well at Mizzou.

STEPHEN WAS COACHING AT THE RUMBLE SWOWCA and  GMVWA I guess no one recognized him.

• Upvote 2

YOU LOSERS CRACK ME UP YOU TALK ABOUT MARK HALL AND TAKE VEILED SHOTS AT MY BOYS .THEY STAYED WITH AND RAN ACROSS THE COUNTRY WITH HIM AND HIS DAD WHEN THEY WERE YOUNG DOING TOURNAMENTS ALL OF THEM WRESTLED UP LOL and most people on ky wrestling slammed that boy and mine when they came to ky now you bring him up because he's a stud on the biggest stage what a bunch of hypocrites .As a matter of fact one of the things I remember was your boys will learn just line Hall did lol he was a seventh grader and you learned .

And you don't know ow squat about me m##r I wrestled bears and I make champions .The only real problems my son's ever had was either not listening to me or being to far away for me to help them .Talk all the smack you want my son's did it our way and it was better and that's the bottom line because I said SO .

AS FOR ALL THE CRYING ABOUT KEEPING ME OUT OF THE ROOM AT CC THAT WAS A MISTAKE BUT THOSE R THE RULES AS YOU CAN SEE AUSTIN AND SINCLAIR WERE AT MY GYM MOST EVERY DAY AND SINCLAIR WENT FROM NOT PLACING TO STATE RUNNER UP IT IS WHAT IT IS .

AND IT IS A FACT I KNOW MORE THAN ANY CLOWN LIKE YOU WILDCAT OR YOU OTTO COULD EVER HOPE TO ABOUT CREATING CHAMPS IN MULTIPLE SPORTS.THERE IS A REASON IT'S AN MPIRE EVERYONE I HELP TURNS GOLD MY MOMMA SHOULD HAVE NAMED ME MIDAS.MY KIDS ARE CHAMPS MY WIFE IS A CHAMP MY GD DOGS ARE CHAMPS MASON SMITH WILL BE A CHAMP WELLS WILL BE A CHAMP AUSTIN MURPHY WILL BE A CHAMP .MY HORSE IS A CHAMP I EVEN WON A GOLD AT THE FAIR IT'S A FACT IT'S JUST WHAT THE #UDGE I DO .AND WE'LL YOU DON'T YOUR JUST SOME TURD ON A FORUM TRYING TO BE SOMEONE BY ASSOCIATING YOURSELF WITH GREAT ATHLETES BY KNOCKING THEM TO BE PERFECTLY HONEST I WAS TRAINED BY A MR USA WINNER FROM THE TIME I WAS 14 I COMPETED SINCE  I WAS 13 TRAINED SINCE I WAS 9 MOST OF YOU HAVE NEVER DONE A SINGLE THING AND LET'S GET ONE THING STRAIGHT AND ANYONE WHO KNOW ME WILL LAUGH BECAUSE IT'S TRUE NO ONE EVER OUT TRAINED ME OUT STUDIED ME OR PAID THE PRICE I HAVE TO BE A CHAMPION IN MY SPORTS..YOU THINK YOU CAN ACTUALLY DOWN ANY OF MY BOYS OR ME LOL MY WIFE OUT TRAINED EVERY IDIOT WHO EVER KNOCKED ANY OF US LOL .

SO KEEP TALK ING SMACK I ENJOY THE HEAT ALL CHAMPIONS DO.

• Upvote 1

All the WWE rhetoric aside, I do think the NCAA should take a look at re-formatting weight classes. The guys at 25 and 33 are sucking a lot of weight. Perhaps do away with 25 and add a weight between 97 and HVY. The "down" side might be that the lighter Heavies would drop and leave a shallow talent pool at HVY. Probably a discussion that could go round and round forever.

• Upvote 1

Yes wildcat and Otto There were guys not ranked at the scuffle who beat the Midlands heavy 9 0 this year lol .

And Dejournette ranked 10 Kroells 4 Miller 9 Schafer 12 Butler 8 VOLLARO 13 JOHNSON 14  KASPER 19 AND HUGHES NR WHO MD WOOD THIS YR 9 TO 0 .ALL IN THE SCUFFLE.

DOUBT THEY ADD OR SUBTRACT A CLASS THE NEXT ?WOULD BE 220 225 STILL A LARGE DIFFERENCE TO 285 .225 WOULD BE CLOSE TO PERFECT .

DEPPERSHIT TRYING TO LATCH ON IN THE END LOL.

• Upvote 1

I have seen he has about a .500 record"

Wrestle dad, try bring facts to back you up. He has a .533 record.

Massive, No need for the personal  attacks.  Try not to be abusive.

You would think that because austin was trained by you his whole life that he would be as good as the Jr and seniors who top the class. He is as old as them afterall. Try getting in touch with couch smith. I'm sure you know what is holding the Tigers back.

How much is he weighing. You mentioned before that he was 275 at the beginning and around 265 in season? It's taking him a long time to adjust from 220. Is the weight "adjustment" really the issue?

How many accounts do you have on here? That desperate to raise your reputation?

Lastly, good luck to Austin and I'm sorry about what has happened. Finish your college education.

• Upvote 1

Lol never said he was 265 of course I talk to Coach's Smith,Clemson ,Mellon,Johnston ,Larson,

I also talk to his partner and neighbor J'Den his fellow heavies and more .

There is no problem lol he's a fr Heavy who by all accounts trains his but off and is following their lead and plan .

And he is not as old as the srs and Jr's most of who are rs srs lol please do not try to play dumber than you already are 

. HE NEVER weighed 275 he got up to 274 in his gym clothes and yes I like to think that thanks to me as a lot of people on this site know  he is stronger than any tiger in History :).A long time to adjust ? Why would you think that he's 8 and 7 and has losses to 4 top 20 guys and 2 ot losses a md loss to a decent guy and a md win over a guy who was a top 25 guy this yr .

I assure you I only have one account I don't worry about my rep but I know your a little sissy who tries to lower it all the time hahaha.do you think it bothers me I can walk in any wrestling gym in multiple states and half will hate me half will shower me with questions and laugh at how I argue with turds like you .

In 6 years my son's have done great things for the sport and the state and I have done great things for them all worth it seeing jerks hate life because of it .

And get your facts straight your rankings were way off for the guys in the Scuffle and your second hand knowledge or straight up lies about my son are even worse .

You see my user name icon that's ME not someone else like yours or ottos or deppershits .I could post thousands of pics of me my kids my wife my animals lol and people will notice because it's real not some cowardly gossiping buffoon hiding behind a user name trying to knock people who have done things you couldn't accomplish In your wildest dreams .

They majority of people who peak in do not even post they do not have the egos or wish to avoid the drama I on their other hand have a big ego because I earned it and I believe in me and what I do and what those I help do and they all believe in me that's why you and the rest of thei nation take notice whenever they do something win or lose and trust me they win more than lose .

If you compared Mizzous schedule to most D1 schools I'm sure you would find it far tougher than most and then if you compared the heavyweights Austin has and will face I'm sure it's as tough or tougher a schedule than well over 90 percent of comp any heavy will face .

No need to defend someone who is well on his way to becoming a college All American he just majored a rs Sr who has been a top 25 guy this yr and has faced the best wrestler on the planet and 2 of the best heavies to ever wrestle already this his fr yr hahahahahah.

And your trying to paint a glass half empty lol .

• Upvote 1

"He's not quite 6 foot The Same Height Exactly As His Father LOL He Is Bigger Boned with potential to be much bigger he was 274 before summer classes started a bit to heavy to wrestle but exactly where he needed be to put on real quality mass he's about 266 now ."

http://www.missouriwrestling.com/community/threads/mizzou-recruiting.19423/page-3#post-177048

what does he weigh again?

Congrats to Austin Myers for a great showing at the Southern Scuffle 2 byes a 2 and 2 record 2 ot losses a double ot win and ....A Major Decision victory over Red Shirt Senior and NCAA qualifier nationally ranked wrestler this year JJ Everard of Northern IOWA that moved his team at the moment of his victory from third to second where they would hold on by a slim margin falling behind #1 Nationaly ranked OKL State .

If you get the chance catch the match sure looked like a pin to me and a lot of people .

Not bad for a rs Freshman from KY.

:)That glass looks full to me.

• Upvote 1