plantmanky1

KSWA 2016 Fall meeting Voting Results

20 minutes ago, CoachC said:

When I questironed what exactly we were discussing, a small discussion ended up with a singlet of any kind which is supposed to include 2 piece singlets. However they must be compression type. This would not include fight shorts. Compression shorts and a compression shirt.

That is the clarification I got from Tyler Baines today. Unfortunately Plantman didn't include all the information that was shared on forum as we were discussing it. Thank you coach Carr for sharing the information we look to get from the "board" which he actively promotes himself to be on this forum. Now we need the Bi Laws to reflect that. 

Your welcome. I don't think Plantman intended to deceive. The fact is that the three officers are doing the work of 4, in the continued absence of a secretary.

43 minutes ago, CoachC said:
9 hours ago, CoachC said:

When I questironed what exactly we were discussing, a small discussion ended up with a singlet of any kind which is supposed to include 2 piece singlets. However they must be compression type. This would not include fight shorts. Compression shorts and a compression shirt.

This is the conversation I was referring to earlier.  And it was pretty much universally agreed that a two piece singlet as Coach C described is acceptable.  This would seem to mostly satisfy everyone.  It will be interesting to see how many two piece singlets we actually see out there.  I know my hands are tied with my team because the school boards approved vendor list doesn't have any vendors on it that offer two piece singlets (I looked into it when this was being discussed last year)....heck I've only got a couple vendors that I can order from that even sell singlets.  

Tyler and I talked Wednesday and the vague wording on the singlet issue lead to some misunderstanding. The 2 piece compression singlet can be worn by MS and Youth at sanction events.  No gym  or fight shorts or loose shirts in MS. Youth can wear shorts and shirts.  So it looks like based on the passing of the Youth vote Shorts and Shirts either fight shorts or gym shorts can now be worn. A great step in the right direction. Tyler is making sure the by law wording is correct. Thanks  Coach Carr and RJS for your input.