Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2015/2016 - FEBRUARY 16 (Pre-State)

We saw some excitement coming out of the regionals and unfortunately some missing kids.  Not sure I can ever recall this many "missing" wrestlers.  I don't know and won't speculate on all the reasons (I'm sure there are plenty of the ordinary late season injuries), but it sure seems like we are losing a lot of kids recently.

Anyway, a couple of notes on this final ranking heading into the state tournament:

1) just because a kid made the big dance does not mean he should be ranked; all regions are not created equal and some 5th/6th place kids are just better than other 3rd/4th (heck, some 2nd).

2) we tried to remove the kids who did not compete; this was done quickly over the last 48 hours so someone may have slipped through

3) they are rankings, not predicted order of finish.  in the next 24-48 hrs we will post a report that takes into account the draws and how we predict the brackets will play out (based on the rankings)

4) a couple weight specific items - 106 (Wallace has been hammering kids all year, but we went with the kid who has been at the weight and faced more of the guys in the bracket), 120 (Ochsenbein got another win over Hurst and gets the spot), 138 (Spahr over Erdman sort of created an ABC mess so we left it as it for now with the returning champ getting the 3 and Johnson 4 with the head to head over Spahr), 182 (Ryle got us with the Meiman thing), 195 (I don't believe Frankrone actually got beat, so until that happens or he is declared out, he stays #1)

WR Rankings 2015_16 FEB16.pdf

Wrestling doesn't get the love other sports do particularly in reg 6 it's bad to see kids like Tucker Mueller and Johnny Meiman two of the regions and states best just quit for whatever reasons .PARTICULARLY MEIMAN A STATE CHAMP WOW ,but it happens I guess .

CC win regions year after year and gets no where near the love that football or Basketball gets .I remember coming get back from regions or some big tourney CC had won and seeing a big parade basically going up the street late at night cop cars lights flashing a convoy of cars following  a tour bus not a school bus for a CC basketball team just making it to regionals  when the real stud sports team of the school basically gets ignored .it's sad Basketball gets more props and gear for making region als than wrestling does for winning state or state duals ??? You can say it's the draw of the sport or the sport in the state in general but I think k a lot of it lies on. The schools themselves getting bullied around by numbers or coaches of sports with more numbers it's a joke .I see a school like CC who's football or basketball team is no where near on part with their wrestling team and both sports get the big nod over wrestling for everything .of course you have guys year after year going to college for wrestling and not for basketball or football there even when the numbers are Incredibly against the wrestlers going good to college ,and yes some kids from football and basketball are going and maybe even more but not percentage wise and not D1 I have never even heard of a single football player from cc going D1 there has to be and I'm sure there is but none I have heard of ,Same for Basketball ,But I saw kids for three years in a row go D1 from there .

Missing kids who knows in a culture that promotes retaliation against police cursing drugs and booze in their everyday music idiots all around trying to legalize weed whats to be expected nothing surprises me .There should probably be a few less kids in sports because they get away with Boozing it up and smoking weed all year .

Here's to the good kids out there who train and tow the line and do not get sacked in I hope you all do well at state .As for you little drunk dopers who think your cool and your slackers to begin with your time is short anyway .

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Well let's say for example I'm at the gym working out the other day some kids who graduated with my son come up and say hey did you hear about so and so this kid who wrestles from such and such school , I say no but I think I know  him ,why well next thing you know I'm watching him drunk off his Keester getting beat up ,and by beat up I mean obliterated ,Of course I get mad because I like the kid and he's a wrestler and getting beat up and taken advantage of because he's obviously sloshed ,But afterwards I'm like what in the H is he even doing drinking in season. .No one deserves it but cmon parents coaches and teachers is that the best you can do as far as mentoring student athletes .it's sad .And people need to look down on all the dopers out there ,maybe when you see some good kids evolve into other drug use  quickly and die it will make you take a different look ,instead of legalizing weed they should make it a felony no matter how much someone has .College kids cannot even drink C4 and although few hear about it a lot get booted from college for failing drug tests because of weed .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Has any other team ever placed 2nd in the region and had 11 wrestlers at state and been ranked as low as Valley is at 63rd?  not saying it's wrong or right...just sayin'

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ccbcdeke said:

Has any other team ever placed 2nd in the region and had 11 wrestlers at state and been ranked as low as Valley is at 63rd?  not saying it's wrong or right...just sayin'

Not sure. But probably says more about the depth in region 3 than 2nd/11 qualifiers and state placement. 

On 2/17/2016 at 4:07 PM, ccbcdeke said:

Ranger was a little off. Valley got 42nd. 

4 hours ago, grappler138 said:

When are the Preseason rankings going to be posted?

Every time someone asks this question they delay it one day! For the love of wrestling, please delete your comment! :unsure::(

• Upvote 1