CUTiger184

Region Predictions

Anyone have any region predictions? Any significant weight changes or injuries that will effect teams in the post season? 

Region 1: Union

Region 2: Meade County, North Hardin/John Hardin

Region 3: Fern Creek

Region 4: Trinity, St. X, Male 

Region 5: Woodford, North Oldham, Oldham County, this region will be a dogfight between those three teams. 

Region 6: Campbell County, Walton Verona

Region 7: Madison Central, Henry Clay, Lafayette

Region 8: With the King boys officially out of the picture, can Johnson Central hang on to their Region 8 title? Harrison County has been close two years in a row (lost by .5pt in 2015), can they get over the hump this year? Montgomery will be a factor as well.  

The state tournament should be an exciting one. Good luck to all the teams competing in the last three weeks of the season.  Also a big thanks goes to the KYWCA for hosting two great state dual championships this past weekend.  Thanks to Lindsey Wilson Wrestling as well for hosting. 

Region 7- madison central should be right up there. Lafayette could end up with 5 champions, but not sure if thats enough overall, after those 5, they dont have much.

Having seen Region 2 in its entirety this season, I have to believe that LaRue, Meade, and North are the three favorites with John playing spoiler potentially. Keep in mind LaRue hasn't put together a truly full line-up this season yet, so no one has truly seen them at full strength. North has some individuals that can carry them far and Meade is solid top to bottom. The question is going to be which team's second tier wrestlers will carry them through?? 

I see Meade Co. as favorite to be repeat Regional champs this year. I am pretty sure it will come down to Meade and Larue Co.  Both Teams have good line ups but comparing Individual Dual Match ups I have to lean toward Meade Heavily.

Predicted Individual Weight Winners.

106 – Mattingly from Appollo

113 – Haverstick from John Hardin – clear favorite (Should be 1 seed)

120 – Metcalf from Larue Co.

126 – Tossup between Lee from Meade Co and Martinson from Davies Co. (Lee should be 1 seed)

132 – Young from Meade – Goodin from Larue will challenge for 1st (Young should be 1 seed with win over Kenney from Madison Central)

138 – Johnson from John Hardin – Clear favorite (Should be 1 seed)

145 – Leak from North Hardin – Clear favorite (should be 1 seed)

152 – Chandler from Central Hardin – Knoth will challenge for 1st ( Knoth should be 1 seed with win over Chandler)

160 – Ackley from Nelson Co. – clear favorite (Should be 1 seed)

170 – Jones from Central Hardin – will be challenged by Williams from North Hardin (Jones Should be 1 seed with win over Williams)

182 – Steve from Larue - clear favorite (Should be 1 seed)

195 – Kaiser from John Hardin - clear favorite (Should be 1 seed)

220 – Jett from Meade - clear favorite (Should be 1 seed)

285 – Robinson from North Hardin – Pratt will challenge for 1st. (Robinson should be 1 seed)

• Upvote 1

Region 8: Just going off memory. 

103- Stafford/Sheldon Clark, Hudgins/HC 

113- Mattox HC

120- Mills- SC

126- Slone JC/Holt Mont

132- Wyatt Bourbon

138- Lopez HC/Whelan Ashland

145- Gamble JC, Hayes (Scraba??? Mont Co.) 

152- Blanton, JC

160- Jackson JC/ Oakley HC/Boyd County 

170- Griffith JC/Coy HC

182- Miller Mont Co/Blanton HC/Horn JC

195- Kreuger Ashland, Horn JC

220- Williams HC/ Fooks Bourbon

HWT- Mendes Bourbon 

Team race: 

I think it will be another close race between JC and HC. Montgomery could definitely be in the mix as well.  

34 minutes ago, Wildblueeyes said:

I hope the Region 8 teams come on towards Lexington Friday.  The forecast doesn't look good for Eastern KY overnight Friday.

it's in Bourbon County.  that's got to be the western most boundary of that region.

I think he meant to start coming this way so they won't get stuck in the snow early Saturday morning.  I agree but imagine some programs can't afford to stay overnight, which sucks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

I think he meant to start coming this way so they won't get stuck in the snow early Saturday morning.  I agree but imagine some programs can't afford to stay overnight, which sucks.

Yes, that is what I meant.  I know that there were a couple of teams that had to stay in Belfry and Williamson last year because they couldn't get home after regions.  

Maybe Coach Case could let them sleep on the mats in the gym. I've done it many times for camps. Not the most ideal situation, but it could be a remedy to the situation. 

• Upvote 1