Sign in to follow this  
wrestlefever

Woodford Co. Invitational

According to Trackwrestling, it looks like there will be some exciting match ups in the semis and finals tomorrow. Also looks like some teams didn't make it. I would be interested in knowing if they were cancellations or if they were flat out "no shows." If they were "no shows", what could/should a host team/school/coach do about it? In my opinion, I would contact the AD of the "no show" school and ask for the lost entry fee as well as ban that particular team from the tournament indefinitely, depending the circumstances. Thoughts?

18 minutes ago, Nike Man said:

According to Trackwrestling, it looks like there will be some exciting match ups in the semis and finals tomorrow. Also looks like some teams didn't make it. I would be interested in knowing if they were cancellations or if they were flat out "no shows." If they were "no shows", what could/should a host team/school/coach do about it? In my opinion, I would contact the AD of the "no show" school and ask for the lost entry fee as well as ban that particular team from the tournament indefinitely, depending the circumstances. Thoughts?

There is nothing more frustrating as someone who has run a tournament than teams that drop days, hours and sometimes just flat out don't show up. It seems like this is a bigger issue in Kentucky than in other states. One thing I finally learned was use contracts. They are a pain in the butt but at least it guarantees the entry fee in the event of a no show. Sometimes though unavoidable things occur and then you handle those on a case by case basis. One year a team had to drop as the flu was running rampant in the squad and the coach only had 2 healthy kids but in all likelihood they were going to get sick and then spread it to everyone else.

Hopefully day 2 will run smoothly. Good luck to all involved.

• Upvote 1

Johnson gave it his best effort and looked, but Vazquez was too good this time.  I have no doubt they'll see each other again and hope I'm there to see the rematch.

There were some great matches at WCI. To watch the finals that were filmed by prepspin, go to Woodfordsports.com, then click on WCI Tournament 2015.