Good morning folks!! The buzz is in the air on this nice brisk morning so that must mean the wrestling season is about to kick off. These last four years have flown by since I have really became a KY wrestling fan. The KY wrestlers have set-up their game and it has made the sport more exciting for me any way. I know we have some great young men in IN as well but just to see the growth of the sport in KY has been amazing in such a short period of time. Now that I got all of that out of by system lets get to business.

Tell me gents who is the big dawgs in Region 1 this year? I can think of a few. Union- S. Ervin. Sheffer, the Oxford Brothers, Fort Campbell- Regalato, Curl, Ryder, Nikalao, Caldwell-Gray, Christian County- Leavell, Calloway- Bella. So who else is in the hunt in Region 1, that will possibly standing on the podium at State this year?

I mean no direspect to any of the other regions out there. I just happen to be a region fan for reasons of mine own. I know there are exceptional wrestlers throughout the rest of state and I wish each and every young man the best of luck on the season!!! So you region 1 guys tell me who we need to be watching for this year. WHERE IS THE FALCON WRESTLING GUY? He usually has posted some by now. Cheers to all!

Edited by IN_grappler

I was going to post some yesterday but only like three teams have even submitted rosters let alone done weight cert yet. Moore is getting ours done this week, I expect other schools to be done soon themselves.

Some big name returners you missed- 
Kaleb Sapp, Ohio County (he's been around forever I know)
Micah Ervin, Union County
Jeremiah Kline, Trigg County (also been around forever)
Chance Collins, UHA
Derek Miller but he moved to Florida
Kobe Perry, Christian County
Avery Buckman, Union County
Isaiah Lawson, Hoptown
Phil Bradley, UHA

I can not believe I forgot Buckman, Sapp and Kline. I knew Miller had moved to FL. I spoke with some guys out of Paducah this summer at a tourney. Collins is a tough young man as well who has been coached well. UHA may not have the numbers but they do have some quality wrestlers. It will be interesting to see what Hoptown does this year. Coach Perry, I am sure will push those guys through the year with a few making a strong push for the podium. I am interested in seeing how Perry will do this season. I think he may do well in the Region but not sure what his odds are once he rolls into the state tourney. Either way, I know he will have Coach Burnham and Leavell to provide some fantastic motivation everyday at practice, lol! Micah will be another young wrestler I am curious to see how he performs after struggling with the weight last season. If he jumps up in weight it may become interesting to see how he handles the overall physical maturity in strength he will give up.

Like each year you have the new young wrestlers pushing their way in while the older guys look to bull them down. It is always the adversity that faces each wrestler every year old or new. It is exciting when this time rolls around to see who put the work in over the off-season and who is coming in to take the reins.

• Upvote 1

I mean Union is Union but I think this is the first time in a long time there is a legit shot that another team could win the region. 

I mean Union is Union but I think this is the first time in a long time there is a legit shot that another team could win the region. 

I can't think of anyone who is bringing enough firepower to unmount Union. Christian County is the most solid of the remaining teams but no real Grade A point getters on the team.