Sign in to follow this  
ontherise

MISSING K.O.B. TO TAKE THE ACT!!!

So the ACT is the same day as the King of the Bluegrass, is anyone else going to miss the KOB to take the ACT??? I am, which really sucks, but is anyone else going to miss or not have a full team because of this???

I am sure there will be a few kids missing to take the ACT. It happens every year. I remember we had 3 kids out one year because of it.

Don't worry about missing wrestling one weekend, just do good on your test. Good luck.

I decided to not take the ACT so i could wrestle lol o well its devotion baby

:evil:KOB is way to important to miss if u place there and do a good performance when the rankings come out next week sometime (or at least they should) if your not on them than you'll be real close to em

i agree that the KOB is important and i really hate missing it but at the same time i want to score better on my act. i scored a 24 last time and 25 is the cut off for most of the scholarships i am applying to. but ya i agree i mean i def hate missing it and i wish i would have taken it the last time they had it instead of waiting but ooo well wats done is done.

:evil:KOB is way to important to miss if u place there and do a good performance when the rankings come out next week sometime (or at least they should) if your not on them than you'll be real close to em

1.  I think maybe your priorities are mixed up.

2.  The KOB is NOT an important tourney. The only important tourneys are the regional and state tourneys

3.   Don't get too caught up in the rankings they truley don't mean anything. (No disrespect to Ranger)

O.K. teenagers, fact of life time:

The ACT is the ONLY test that you'll take during your pre-adult life that means anything at all. All of the rest of them are just fillers. It's also more important than any wrestling match you'll ever have. Hate to disappoint you but it's true!

1.  I think maybe your priorities are mixed up.

2.  The KOB is NOT an important tourney. The only important tourneys are the regional and state tourneys

3.  Don't get too caught up in the rankings they truley don't mean anything. (No disrespect to Ranger)

ok first off im a junior so to me KOB is a bigger deal i still got a year to take em even though im entering the service so thinks for not understanding wat standing im coming from before you decided to post thing every high schooler knows that without the ACT college is impossible but i was sayin my standing on it rite now and like 3 dudes got something to say towards my comment sorry to sound rude...and i was talking about the real rankings in my comment not the rebel again no offense ranger

hello crow52....this is a forum....they are supposed to have something to say..and nobody jumped on ya buddie these are the elders and we owe them some respect because they have already taken it and they should know best...and if you wanted them to know about you going into the service you should have said something....but oh well...it is more important to take the test but you already made your decision...

Guest wrestler92
ok first off im a junior so to me KOB is a bigger deal i still got a year to take em even though im entering the service so thinks for not understanding wat standing im coming from before you decided to post thing every high schooler knows that without the ACT college is impossible but i was sayin my standing on it rite now and like 3 dudes got something to say towards my comment sorry to sound rude...and i was talking about the real rankings in my comment not the rebel again no offense ranger

chill out, regardless of what year you are the ACT or SAT should be more important than the K.O.B. tournament.  But it's good that you are taking it now so that you have next year to if needed.  I am guessing that you probably won't do too well on the verbal portion of it however, there are no "real" rankings, none of it is approved by KHSAA. 

3.   Don't get too caught up in the rankings they truley don't mean anything. (No disrespect to Ranger)

Rebels, KWCA rankings or any other rankings that pertain to high school wrestling don't truly mean anything.  These do not decide anything the actual wrestling at the regional tourney does. 

They also will not affect your seed at the regional tourney, most coaches do not give them any credit and would laugh the suggestion out of the room if used in a seeding meeting.

My point is don't focus on the rankings.  Work hard, train hard, and keep your eye on your goal.  Do your best each time out and advance through each tourney.  The person standing in front of you at the beginning of each match should be your only focus. 

Good luck and I hope you reach your goal.

Come on grappler, I have been working hard to convince some of these kids that my rankings decided who was going to win this year.  And now you have ruined it.  HA!HA!HA!  Just kidding.  I agree with what everyone has said.  The rankings are fun to discuss and do help give everyone an idea of the level of competition, but you guys (and gals) have to decide things on the mat.  If you do as grappler has said then everything else will take care of itself.

One comment I will add though is that I have heard a lot of talk this season from coaches about teams being ranked here or there based on the coaches association rankings.  And that's where I come in because I think it can be done better.