Sign in to follow this  
coachteater

Bluegrass State Games 2015

1. Wrestling will be held July 25th at Tates Creek High School

2. Online registration is at bgsg.org

3. I'm looking for host sites for remote weigh ins

4. There will be a change is how divisions and weights are done this year, please read below. In the past we have had very few divisions and weights filled and always had to group to get matches for participates. So we are going to go ahead and cut out divisions and classes and use the Madison system. This is much like what the youth tournaments are set up as. This makes it easier to build brackets , determine medal winners, and gets more matches for participates. Hopefully this will be a positive for all involved.

Weight classes and divisions for wrestling at BGSG 2015 will be determined by using the Madison system. We will use a wrestlers weight, age, and experience to best group wrestlers of pools of 3-6 wrestlers. The pools will be drawn after the weigh ins are complete on Friday night. Wrestlers will be pooled within 2 years of age together and within 10% of weight.(this may be slightly altered depended on participation) Also The Commissioner will be taking into consideration the amount of experience to help try to evenly determine pools. This system is designed to get the best and most matches based off the participants at the event. Once pools are set, they will wrestle round robin to determine placement.

*during registration please include years of experience

Example of a pool-

1.         John Smith - age 12 - 125lbs - 2yrs exp

2.         Cael Sanderson- age 14 - 120 - 3yrs exp

3.         Jordan Oliver- Age 13 - 128 - 2 yrs exp

4.         David Taylor- Age 12 - 118 -3 yrs exp

Age is within 2 yrs of all wrestlers

weight is within 10%

experience is reasonably close

Contact Scotty Teater with any questions- coachteater@yahoo.com

Wrestlers- reminder that online registration runs through July 21st.if you want to do a remote weight in, you need to be registered online. Those who want to weight in friday night at Tates creek may register that night, but it will be $35.

Coaches- I'm still looking for hosts for remote sites. If you could please let me know by next week, it would be great. Ill post a full list of remote sites, dates, and times next week.

Some of the ranked guys registered already are Morrow(mad cent), storck (Henry clay), wyatt (bourbon), and Boyles (anderson). Registration usually picks up the last couple days online and alot register on friday.

Remote weight in sites-

1. E.T.C. @ South Oldham High School

Mon or Thur 6:30-8:30pm

2. Madison Central @ small gym

Fri 6-7:30pm

3. Hammertime wrestling @ 200 s. Vine st, suite 210 somerset ky

Mon 1pm

4. Boyle County @ BCHS

mon 530-7

5. Calloway co.

(Waiting on date and time)

6. Woodford co @ WCHS

Tues and thur 6pm

7. Moore h.s Louisville

Mon 6-730

8. Eastern h.s. Louisville

Tuesday 12-1:30

9. Ryle h.s. large weight room by concession stand

Tue and thur 3-5

I will continue to update list as I get information. Remember you must register online my the 21st to do remote weight in. After that, you must weigh in and register fri @tates creek.

There are no weigh ins on the day of Competition?  

That makes it tough for kids to wrestle on Sat. when they live outside of Lex, and no remote weigh in, in their area.

There are no weigh ins on the day of Competition?

That makes it tough for kids to wrestle on Sat. when they live outside of Lex, and no remote weigh in, in their area.

no weight in day of, only Friday or remote. If there coach wants to do a remote weight in, I'd be happy for them to. If you know anyone , just get ahold of me. I'll do all I can to get kids wrestling.

Brandon and Brad Miller will be there.

max Emerson,Jacob Henley, and Brian spahr as well. Getting some tough kids

Remote weight in sites-

1. E.T.C. @ South Oldham High School

Mon or Thur 6:30-8:30pm

2. Madison Central @ small gym

Fri 6-7:30pm

3. Hammertime wrestling @ 200 s. Vine st, suite 210 somerset ky

Mon 1pm

4. Boyle County @ BCHS

mon night

5. Calloway co.

(Waiting on date and time)

6. Woodford co @ WCHS

Tues and thur 6pm

7. Moore h.s Louisville

Mon 6-730

8. Eastern h.s. Louisville

Tuesday 12-1:30

9. Ryle h.s. large weight room by concession stand

Tue and thur 3-5

I will continue to update list as I get information. Remember you must register online my the 21st to do remote weight in. After that, you must weigh in and register fri @tates creek.

more have been added above

Fri 6-8 weight in at Cumberland

The University of the Cumberlands Women's Wrestling room--corner of S. 2nd Street and Ridge Ave, Williamsburg KY 40769.

The wrestling room is upstairs in the old Armory building and does not have a physical address since it belongs to the college.

It is across the street from Williamsburg City Park.

iKentucky wrestling center will not be doing remote weigh ins tonight. Coach Knable will be introducing the birth of his 3rd child tonight! Congrats

Looks like we have 140 wrestlers split into 27 pools. Took about 5 hours to pool them up, I did the very best I could. Hopefully everyone will be understanding and have a great day tomorrow. Good luck to everyone.

Sign in to follow this