Sign in to follow this  
purpleandgold

KHSAA TV Announcers Are A Joke

Sometimes BTN uses Tim Johnson and Jim Gibbons, they are the best wrestling announcers I've ever heard.  However other times they'll use students at the university who is hosting; it's hit an miss when the students produce it.  I've heard some good commentating, for example Iowa had Matt McDonough on and he did a good job.  Other times they'll have to use someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.  If the worst thing Coach Parks did was pronounce some names wrong then I'll take that every day of the week.  He did it for free after all.

Gotta say I appreciate the efforts to broadcast the finals. Were the announcers the most well versed? Was the score projected? Nope. Sure, it could have been better but I was happy to watch. The Big Ten uses Johnson and Gibbons for the "headline" events. They are the best and will call the NCAAs. Other duals will be broadcast using students/alums what have you. These are part of the StudentU series. Some of theses announcers are pretty weak.

Coach Parks continuously leads many young men to be saved by Jesus Christ each year. As a matter of fact he was the leading cause of my son and myself to accept Christ last summer. He is an awesome man that does more good and has done more for Kentucky Wrestling than we will ever know . He can pronounce my name anyway he wants! Thanks Coach Parks!!!

Joe B.

Very Awesome indeed as I said earlier he went out of his way to be good to everone and avoided anything negative , he did a very good job.As for names no one on this site could pronounce them all correctly and even if they did someone would still have a complaint .

Sign in to follow this