Sign in to follow this  
MLee

KSWA 2015 Youth State Tournament Information

Great StateYouth Tournament. The level of wrestling was spectacular. Big thank you to Adam, Matt, Jason and Darren.

The 16 man brackets and Track Wrestling gave a Big Tournament feel to the day.

I agree with everyone here completely. Big thanks to all of those who put in the time and effort to make this happen for the kids and had to put up with the barrage of questions from people like me. Great job guys and girls, and we are looking forward to seeing you all next year.

The youth tournament was very good this year and there is no doubt that 16 man brackets has made for more competition and many great championship matches.  Thanks to everyone who put it together especially considering the weather conditions.   

I wanted to congratulate all the wrestlers and teams from this weekend tournament. What we were hoping to gain from the 16 man brackets sure did pay dividends!! I seen some amazing semi finals and final matches on Sunday. The kids really have is our monies worth. The podium looked great with 6 placers this year too. It was fun watching some of the brackets unfold as you would think they would based on kids you know. Thank you to Adam and his wife for the hours and hard work they put in. Thank you to Mr and Mrs Jason Moore for running the track and entering results throughout the day. It was great have as up to date as possible team results and the final results on track. Thank you to the Messerly family for helping us set up and break down the complete tournament. BTW Congrats on your 1st Place Division 2 Championship. Thank you to my partner in crime Matt Lee for everything you've done to make this tournament a success. Countless hours working on the brackets with Jason Brown, Jason Moore and Chris Duke. Running the floor with you gets less challenging every year since we have some sort of system now. And lastly thanks for letting me continue to do Faceoffs!! I believe the kids love it as much as I do!!!

• Upvote 1

Great day of wrestling, although I didn't get to see near enough. First and foremost a huge thanks to all of the parents, kids, and coaches we braved the weather and make it to Lexington. I heard about one accident involving a couple of Cobra kids and Coach Ackley said they were ok with only minor bumps and bruises. I pray that is true and everyone else traveled home safely. Second thanks to all those who put in work to make this huge event run so well. The N KY mafia always comes together and gets the job done. A big part of that is the Raider program who always does a huge part. Big thanks to Coach Andreoni and the Woodford Co crew for helping especially with mats. Also to Coach Critchfield and the Lexington programs for use of their mats as well. And a ton of table workers from all over the state. It is easy to be critical when they make mistakes, but without them we couldn't run 20 mats and pull this event off.

Huge, huge thanks to Amber for saving me with all of the track entry on her "day off". My fingers just were not fast enough. Thanks April and Page too with bracket help.

JC1 My name is Jason Brown from Union County and was elected president Tyler Baines is from River City was elected vice president. I have been coaching at Union County the last two years and have been involved in every league meeting we have had as well as Tyler. I also helped coach team KY last year. I truly believe that everyone that ran for office has the best interest for KY middle school wrestling without any hidden agenda's. Darren Thomas would have been a great president and I have no doubt that he will continue to be involved with the officers of the league to give his support and knowledge to help us grow as a state as I would have done with him. He is a true ambassador of the sport. KY Wrestling is heading the right direction. The officer's of the league simply facilitate mostly it is the coaches that come to the meetings to provide input and feedback. Last year I recommend that we have a joint practice during the meeting so that people aren't just driving down for a meeting then heading right back home. We did it in the fall and had a pretty decent turnout. This spring I would like to have 2 sessions of practice so it is worth everyones drive and hopefully increase the coaches that participate. I think most people knew who everyone on the ballet was. I agree with you when the term is up and it is time to elect new officials we will take time and have everyone introduce themselves in the coaches meeting. When we talked about it at the coaches meet Jason Moore did say if you don't know who they are find out and talk to them but I know most were more worried about coaching their kids as they should be. So in the future we will try to take care of it before we get started. Welcome to KY I look forward to working with to grow our sport.

I enjoyed the tournament. I still like 8 man brackets for the sake of growing the sport. I say more medals, more trophies equals more kids. But I think I have a compromise. And just something to consider. Would it be feasible to have 8 man brackets for kids 8 and under and 16 man brackets for 9 and up?? That would give the younger kids plenty of reward and introduce the older kids to a much more competitive tourney. Just food for thought.

JC1 THANK YOU for the positive words and you are correct. I am Coach Darren Thomas with Raider wrestling. Have been for 7 years now and have enjoyed being a part of all 3 of our Raider programs. Also I'm a proud member of the NKY Mafia!! Lol. No one has a title in the Mafia, so your odds of getting a hit put out on you is even! My family of 8 loves Kentucky Wrestling and you will always see us helping however we can. My Black TLC company trailer is used for nothing but Mats and podium shipping between November and February for tournaments. I am here for Kentucky Wrestling and will be helping the KSWA continue to grow. Jason Brown and Tyler Baines will do their best to continue to do what the past presidents and VP's have done. Jason Moore and John Roth have really left them in good hands and there's not much/ if anything that has to change. If our focus continues to be on the youth and MS wrestlers then we should do nothing but grow. Walking the floor this year at Youth State I seen so many great coaches that work hard at making this sport amazing. My son Cole has benefitted so much from Youth Team Kentucky and Kentucky Wrestling and all I can say is thank you to each of you that put your heart and time into it!!