Sign in to follow this  
Shady-Shady-Shady

Poor Match Record Reporting

I have noticed that match results record keeping is very poor this year for KY. Not sure if it is due to the new Track Wrestling system or if Coaches and Managers are just not reporting them. Does anyone know if KHSAA has a requirement for proper reporting of a Wrestlers match by win and losses in the new system? NWCA Scoreboard seemed to be highly accurate and up-to-date the last few years and not sure why it was switched over to Track Wrestling. Any thoughts on the lack of reporting or tracking wins and losses in Track Wrestling?

I can say just from personal dealings with coaches, it is a combination of both. Just my opinion, but I think some coaches don't enter and just hope others will put results in, then they can confirm them. That's not a good way to go, but it's their choice. Eventually all the results need to be put in. Also there are many coaches that just have a hard time figuring out track wrestling. It's not the most user friendly. I'm actually going to try to take a clinic on it and become a representative for it. I will admit I don't know it all, but I'm willing to try for anyone who needs help.

As a suggestion for coaches, if you have access to and iPad or tablet, you can do your scoreboard on it. It makes keeping up much easier, because once you are done you can import all your results to trackwrestling, you don't have to type each match in from a book.

Agree. It's not that hard. It can be time consuming after a big event, but it's part of what we signed up for.

I agree. It takes a bit to learn, but using an iPad to do matches cuts entry time down to nothing. After a large event where you would spend an hr or more doing it, now is done in literally a min.

It's also nice when coaches us trackwrestling for events. You don't get the stats, but the wins and and loses import right in. Takes no time

I agree. It takes a bit to learn, but using an iPad to do matches cuts entry time down to nothing. After a large event where you would spend an hr or more doing it, now is done in literally a min.

It's also nice when coaches us trackwrestling for events. You don't get the stats, but the wins and and loses import right in. Takes no time

I used my iPad this past weekend. MUCH MUCH Easier

I do spend the time putting  the info in after every event. 

Is the ipad usage free or is that the extra fee on track wrestling?  Yes I know its only $50 but the school will not pay for it, and I can't afford the $50 for the program let alone an ipad itself.

No, that part is free. You get an app and before you to a meet you add an event on it and download rosters of the teams that will be there. Then as you wrestle matches, you use it as a scorebook. It saves them all, then you upload to track once you are online with the device.

The part that is $50 is only for stat tracking. It's ok, but to use it correctly you have to enter all matches and stats in on there.

How do I get the app? I have entered all of out matches and hate the time that it takes. Duals aren't that bad, individual tournaments takes time.....I think coaches just don't want to do it with the little time they have off. Where do I go on trackwrestling to get this app?

It's been a while since I did it, but ill look tonight. I believe I went to trackwrestling website and found it. It's called the offline controller I think. It actually may not be concidered an "app" , but it makes an icon and can be used while offline. I'll look tonight and try to post some instructions.

Ok,

1. Google " trackwrestling offline controller"

2. Click on Link "offline entry-trackwresling.com

Here is the link- http://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/offline/

3. Click on version 7.01

4. In blue, click "click here for step by step instructions"

This will get you the icon up to use online controller. On there you can add events and then add teams. After you add the teams, you can download rosters. Once you've done that, you're ready to use it at the event. After the event, you can import result to your season. There are tutorial videos as well. Go to youtube and search trackwrestling.com, there are 140 tutorial videos on how to use trackwrestling.

here is a link to their youtube page- https://www.youtube.com/user/trackwrestling

You can also do this on smart phones as well.

Just my opinion, but I do think that the lack of consistent scoring (reporting) does hurt our sport to some degree. Since the KHSAA doesn't require and typically no media outlets in Kentucky cover wrestling, the only way most of the people interested can follow, is through Track. 

Can you imagine the big time sports in Kentucky (Basketball & Football) not recording or making records and scores readily available?

Who won the game Friday night against Boyle CO.  & Danville?

Hell I don't know, the teams didn't really let anyone know. The news didn't cover and the paper didn't list any scores because of it.

If that was the issue, I am sure that interest would dwindle pretty quickly, except for the kids and their families. 

I know there are so many things that need to happen to make the sport better, and I understand it's not an easy fix, but this issue is one of them. 

When I was in high school, way way back when Regan was in office, baseball was the same as wrestling is now to some degree. There was a lack of consistent record keeping and scoring (wins & losses), team scheduling games or tournaments then backing out and cancelling. 

But in recent decades, it's gotten much much better with coverage, record keeping, etc. 

Just my two cents, and just ranting, but I think this could a small step in the right direction. 

Although I have not used it, there is options on trackwrestling to report results to the media. If you set it up with their email it will send them results

Sign in to follow this