Lafayette

Johnson Central(4)

Top 2 from each pool come out to semi-final

Winners wrestle for 1st

Losers wrestle for 3rd

3a wrestles 3b for 5th

4a wrestles 4b for 7th

5a wrestles 5b for 9th

This is the format the coaches voted on. I wasn't there at the time but the way it was explained is they did it to cut it down to one day. But the section grew, so now its 2 days. With the 2 pools you can still lose a dual and be in the semi final also. I think there were issues in the past where teams lost a match to the 1st place team but didn't get to wrestle the 2nd place team, and felt they would have won. That's the best way I can explain.

Now that Lafayette is at full strength, I think they will be tough to beat. Pool B will be a grind for sure. I will predict a Lafayette vs Montgomery final with the Generals coming out on top.

Lafayette has studs, but as a whole I think some of those other teams come out better. Think as a whole, some of the other teams just have more experience across all the weights

Good point Coach, the 3 former State Finalist can't do it on their own. They will have some help from the younger Vasquez and Torgeson. Should be an interesting day for sure.

The Allen's are coming on for Lafayette as well.  Duals are always hard to figure with weight movement and strategy etc.  I would expect the qualifiers to be out of Henry Clay, Johnson Central, Madison Central, Montgomery County, and Lafayette because I see a pretty big difference between those and the other teams. Unfortunately, one of JC, MC, & Lafayette can't make the semifinal because they are in the same pool. The versatility of the middle weights for Lafayette will help a lot especially if Green is wrestling.  (Vasqez, Vasquez, Torgerson, Demarrea Allen, Jacob Dawson, Green.  I think Allen could actually wrestle 132 but has been wrestling 152/160.  The Allens and Jacob Dawson are coming on.  Throw in Dameon Black and Landon Young and they are going to be tough to beat.  Henry Clay could be tough too but admittedly I have not seen HC wrestle once this year.  Because of matchups, I think Madison Central's best wrestlers are mostly in the same weights as JC and Lafayette, so I think JC and Lafayette come out of B, with Montgomery and HC out of A.  Lafayette over JC in a close one.  Montgomery over HC in a close one.

Montgomery over Lafayette for 1st

Johnson Central over Henry Clay for 3rd

Madison Central over Tates Creek for 5th

Dunbar over Whitley County for 7th

Bryan Station over Madison Southern for 9th

Montgomery over TC

Henry Clay over Mad so and Whitley

JC over PLD and Station

Lafayette was winning in a barn burner over MC don't know who won

Not to my knowledge.

Pool a

Mont.co over mad south 66-6

Tates Creek over Whitley 54-19

Henry clay over mad south 69-9

Mont co over tates creek 61-18

Henry clay over Whitley 66-18

pool b

mad cent over Bryan station 66-12

Lafayette over Dunbar 55-12

Johnson central over Bryan station 69-6

Lafayette over mad cent 36-35 (laf lost 1 team pt)

Johnson central over Dunbar 76-6

I think the winner of Johnson central vs Lafayette will probably take title. Montgomery and Henry clay both strong, but don't think they will be able to over come those two.

On a side note, if it happens to be a 3 way tie with Lafayette, Johnson central, and Lafayette...Lafayette will be 3rd by criteria. The misconduct that made them lose a pt against Madison Central would cost them.

Punishing a whole team for something that 99% of the time they have no control over is something i have never liked.Punish the person who violated the rules to the maximum (that fits the offense)but you are punishing innocent people.And yes i know its done in college sports all the time but that doesn't mean i have to agree with it,just my opinion.

Hopefully it won't come down to that. Lafayette and Johnson Central right off the bat in the morning I believe. Lafayette moved some kids around in the Madison Central dual, be interesting to see how it plays out

Pool a

Mont. Over Whitley 66-18

Henry clay over tatescreek 59-18

Mad. S. Over Whitley 40-36

Henry clay over Mont 38-36

Tates creek over mad southern 50-16

pool b

Johnson cent over Lafayette 42-21

Mad cent over Dunbar 55-12

Dunbar over Bryan station 30-18

Johnson cent over mad cent

Lafayette over Bryan station 54-24