Sign in to follow this  
Shady-Shady-Shady

Teams Creeping out of the shadows.

Just wondering if anyone else has been noticing and Teams starting to come out of the darkness and taking control of Duals and Invitational’s. Three Teams which have caught my eye are Meade Co. , Scott Co., and Wayne Co.

Meade seems to be coming together as I have notice most if not all their wrestlers have dropped in weight and as a result their winning percentage has gone up drastically. They almost have a complete roster and I have been told a of few wrestlers have been battling the flu and recovering from medical issues obtained prior to the season starting. If that is true and the way they are winning now I really am curious to see how they will perform at their healthiest condition. They have either placed 1st or 2nd in most competitions’ they were in. They have beat some power houses already and have lost to some. I really think this is a team to watch. They were not even ranked at the beginning of the Season.

Scott Co is just tough in my eyes. They have a lot of underrated Wrestlers and think once they figure out all the weight class. They may be the Team this year that surprises everyone.

Wayne is a mixture of the same with Meade and Scott. Wayne has a great line up in the middle classes and I think once they figure out most of their heavier weights they will also be a Team this year that makes a statement.

Montgomery Co and Madison Central. Montgomery has won the SKIT and beat Johnson Central this year.

Madison Central won the Frankfort duals ans has a good group of young wrestlers.

Just wondering if anyone else has been noticing and Teams starting to come out of the darkness and taking control of Duals and Invitational’s. Three Teams which have caught my eye are Meade Co. , Scott Co., and Wayne Co.

Meade seems to be coming together as I have notice most if not all their wrestlers have dropped in weight and as a result their winning percentage has gone up drastically. They almost have a complete roster and I have been told a of few wrestlers have been battling the flu and recovering from medical issues obtained prior to the season starting. If that is true and the way they are winning now I really am curious to see how they will perform at their healthiest condition. They have either placed 1st or 2nd in most competitions’ they were in. They have beat some power houses already and have lost to some. I really think this is a team to watch. They were not even ranked at the beginning of the Season.

Scott Co is just tough in my eyes. They have a lot of underrated Wrestlers and think once they figure out all the weight class. They may be the Team this year that surprises everyone.

Wayne is a mixture of the same with Meade and Scott. Wayne has a great line up in the middle classes and I think once they figure out most of their heavier weights they will also be a Team this year that makes a statement.

Are you talking about Scott County, or Scott High School in Kenton County??  Scott High does have a few legitimate possible state placers (Sowder, Frank, Hensley) and a possible finalist (Ashford) and several other possible state qualifiers.  I'm not sure that Scott County has a single ranked wrestler.

A team that just popped up on my radar is Cooper H.S. after a strong showing at NKAC. I'm sure there are a lot of people in the know out there that is not surprised by their appearance. Just a team I have taken notice of as of late.

A team that just popped up on my radar is Cooper H.S. after a strong showing at NKAC. I'm sure there are a lot of people in the know out there that is not surprised by their appearance. Just a team I have taken notice of as of late.

I agree about cooper. Saw them at Louisville Central and they had some kids who impressed me and looked good as a team.

Are you talking about Scott County, or Scott High School in Kenton County??  Scott High does have a few legitimate possible state placers (Sowder, Frank, Hensley) and a possible finalist (Ashford) and several other possible state qualifiers.  I'm not sure that Scott County has a single ranked wrestler.

Correct Scott High. Sorry for the confusion.

I think Christian County is one of those teams coming into their own at the right time-I also agree Meade County is really looking good from top to bottom-Wayne Co beat Meade twice in Duals and is stronger this season-Central is better than most people think too!  I don't see anyone more loaded than Union County.

Small school going through an EXTREMELY rough time as there are ABSOLUTELY no athletes old enough to compete. Canter and Paden were always able to find athletes to work with when they were there, but for the next many years LaRue will be average. The one or two athletes who are in the school presently are either female, or play basketball. The freshmen, 8th grade, and 6th grade classes at LC right now have potential, but unless the coaches can get those athletes out and prepare them...it's not going to be anything spectacular for the Hawks.

I was rather impressed with Apollo this past weekend at North Hardin. The coaches basically put up a tent in the corner for the finals from 106-132...or so it seemed. They have some TOUGH lower weights. Harrison County has some tough upper weights from what I saw too. Can't sleep on Newport either. They may not have stellar number but the kids they do have are tough and gritty. 

Aside from St. X and Union who are seemingly tough top to bottom with a few holes, most teams I've seen this season have some tough spot in their line-ups. This might be the most balanced I've seen this state in a while as far as individual kids goes. There are a few favorites to medal this season, but only a hand-full are what I would call "locks" for a medal. State Tournament could be interesting this season folks!!

Heidorf,Meiman,Lampe ,Myers,look like locks to me .Frankone a fav at 182 still has challengers and I havent heard a whole lot other than a big throw worthy of primetime ,Meiman looks to be in better shape and focused ,and At 195 I see a showdown between Miozza and Miller, Miller has looked rusty to me but I know he is capable of much more and comes on as the year progresses it should be good .Heavys Raynell and Young and who knows .A lot of possibilities in most of the lighter weights ,Vega seems to be the fav in that highly competitive class .The pickems will be fun

Honestly I think this years state tournament has the potential to be even more entertaining than last years tournament

The State team title ,IS up for grabs for sure .The team that puts it together late will win but in wrestling you dont win off of what you do late you win off of what you do way early.

Sign in to follow this