Sign in to follow this  
FalconWrestling

Region Rankings Week 1 (12/8)

Ok you have all waited long enough, I finally have the weights and I have some results. Nothing major to report as everyone settles down to their weight and gets in to their groove. I will take a moment though to complain that I hate trackwrestling's coding and format, I miss NWCA scorebook, but I work with what I'm given. Any results from last year I missed feel free to curse me out in anger and correct me

1. Kaleb Sapp, Ohio County

2. Kaleb Hammons, Caldwell County

3. Billy Pride, Union County

4. Edward Agulto, Christian County

5. James McDow, Hopkinsville

6. Isaac Aguier, Trigg County

There are a couple people who appear to have moved up (Knight and Turner) and one who isn't on a roster (Gonzalez) so as of right now this is Sapp's weight to lose.

1. Saul Ervin, Union County

2. Luis Regaldo, Fort Campbell

3. Dakota Himes, Ohio County

4. Daniel Knight, Christian County

5. Austin Zeppes, Calloway County

6. Ray Hamilton, Paducah Tilghman

Had one of those days where I was nearly done with the rankings when I realized I had Union's lineup wrong. Saul and Regaldo are both returning state placers, Ervin has technique but Regaldo has size. If they meet each other early enough in the season it will definitely be one of the premier matches.

1. Devontae Turner, Trigg County

2. Froilan Agulto, Christian County

3. Micah Ervin, Union County

4. Cameron Dearmond, Hoptown

5. Logan Lee, Fort Campbell

6. Ben Hannamond, Calloway County

With the the way weights are right now this is a very barren weight. Keep an eye on Micah Ervin of course, with the sort of attention due any Ervin.

1. Bryce Sheffer, Union County

2. Jeremiah Kline, Trigg County

3. Daniel Dyess, UHA

4. Camerin Cole, Christian County

5. Zach McCoy, Ohio County

6. Jacob Bellah, Calloway County

This weight has two tiers, maybe three of great wrestling. Sheffer is gunning for a state title and Kline is looking for a top 6 placing. Dyess and Cole both have at least outside shots at placing, Dyess picked up a win over Cole in Tennessee.

1. Chance Collins, UHA

2. Rylan Ervin, Union County

3. Scott Ruttman, Calloway County
4. Austin Crabtree, Trigg County
5. Alex Curl, Fort Campbell
6. Ethan Hoover, Ohio County

Collins had a good weekend so starts week 1 at top, Rylan Ervin has moved up a lot of weight pretty quickly so his success will remain to be seen. Ruttman currently leads a sizable bunch of wrestlers competing for the last two spots.

1. Derek Miller, Paducah Tilghman

2. Chance Oxford, Union County

3. Chandler Martin, McCracken County

4. B.J. Miller, Ohio County

5. Dalton Putty, UHA

6. Jack Haynes, Calloway County 

This weight looks VERY tough right now. Right now this appears to be one of those weights we might see people moving up and down considering Putty has the talent of a state qualifier. Those top four guys will finish in any order on any day.

1. Kobe Perry, Christian County

2. Corbin Ryder, Fort Campbell

3. Tim Pike, Union County

4. Logan Thomas, Calloway County

5. Braden Sperry, Caldwell County

6. Blake Brown, Ohio County

While not holding a lot of state placing threats the weight does have a collection of wrestlers who will battle it out for the region finals. I am being very unfair to Corbin I feel, but it is still my policy to underrank Fort Campbell wrestlers, best way to avoid any alma mater bias. Pike, Ryder, and Perry could all win the region.

1. Jackson Oxford, Union County

2. Dylan Gray, Caldwell County

3. Nicholas Walls, Calloway County

4. Justin Newby, Christian County

5. Ivan Lawson, Hoptown

6. Malik Cunningham, Trigg County

Oxford is the easy favorite but it is interesting to see how Gray does since he has grown an absurd amount in a short amount of time. 3rd down is fairly wide open with a couple people contesting.

1. Nate Williams, Hoptown

2. Kenny Sells, Christian County

3. Jaishon Faison, Trigg County

4. Caleb Riley, Caldwell County
5. Ryan Hedrick, Union County

6. Noelle Williams, Paducah Tilghman 

This weight looks to be a close battle between Williams and Sells and not much else at the moment.

1. Gino Haywood, Fort Campbell

2. Avery Buckman, Union County

3. Isaiah Lawson, Hoptown

4. Will Crabtree, UHA

5. Mario Perez, Calloway County

6.Jared Turner, Paducah Tilghman

Just as I predicted Haywood is going 170 and is a decent favorite, however Buckman is up at this weight and very dangerous. Lawson and Crabtree are two other wrestlers who could maybe slip into the finals if Haywood or Buckman have a bad day.

1. Xavier Pate, Christian County

2. Kane Morris, Union County

3. Tige Littlefield. Caldwell County

4. Rustin Burkeen, Calloway County

5. Gage Parker, Ohio County
6. Anthony Adkinson, Fort Campbell

Pate and Morris have this weight pretty much set. Littlefield and Burkeen don't have any challengers for the last two qualifying spots at this moment. I put in Adkinson because he is the only other person I could even find matches for, even if they are losses. I also want to take this time to thank Ohio County for making me very happy by having both Hatfields and McCoys on their wrestling team.

1. Cole Sherman, Union County

2. Kajwan Major, Christian County

3. Conner Keenan, Fort Campbell

4. Eugene Butler, Hoptown

5. Cody Jackson, Calloway County

6. Kris Easterling, Ohio County

Haven't found any matches for Major but I will keep him on here, Sherman is the favorite though. Keenan has looked good so far this year, but this year still only consists of one week.

1. Zach Farris, Ohio County

2. Conner Sherman, Union County

3. AJ Ogburn, Fort Campbell

4. Colby Culver, Calloway County

5. Phil Bradley, UHA
6. Chance Orr, Paducah Tilghman

Farris and Sherman will be an interesting match but I greatly favor Farris who is going into this year as the #2 guy behind the Norse God made flesh in Austin Myers. Ogburn leads the rest of the pack but Culver and Bradley are legitimate threats.

1. Raynel Brown, Union County

2. David Nikolao, Fort Campbell

3. Luke Shaffer, Ohio County

4. Maurice Catlett, Trigg County

5. Mahlon Ray, Christian County

6. Connor Adams, Calloway County

The top 3 is going to be a BATTLE. Nikolao got the surprise win over Shaffer at a takedown tournament but that doesn't mean much with heavyweight. He has been hurt two years in a row which is a huge knock on the last Nikolao, but his brother Tim was able of coming back, and Tim doesn't have the talent David does. That said Shaffer probably still burns from his loss to Jorstad and has the talent to beat Brown and Nikolao. Brown is on top right now but Shaffer and Nikolao are right behind him. Consider them 1A, 1B, and 1C right now. With heavy it's just a battle of who gets on top first.

Team

1. Union County

Didn't even have to do the math here

2. Christian County (23.5)

Losing Austin hurts a lot and they have a lot more question marks than they are used to having. But County is still a tough team.

3. Fort Campbell (19.5)

The biggest question mark every year is where exactly Fort Campbell finishes. I am told that the team lacks the issues that plagued in the past and right now it's just a question of how much they can develop in the time they have. Despite where they are right now they still have four potential region champions which will be huge come the region tournament.

4. Ohio County (17.5)

Like Fort Campbell, Ohio County carries a lot of potential regional champs that could shoot them up the standings.

5. Trigg County (13)
The return of Kline bumps Trigg up to fifth. Hoptown has a young bunch lead by Nate Williams that need to grow into the shoes of their dark horse status last year. Calloway, Caldwell, and UHA are neck to neck and it rests on who develops the most. Paducah has a state title threat in Miller buoying the team. McCracken returns Chandler Martin.

6(t). Hoptown (10)
6(t). Calloway County (10)

8. Caldwell County (9.5)

9. UHA (9)

10. Paducah Tilghman (7)

11. McCracken County (2)

12. Graves County (RIP)

with Saul wrestling all of his preseason tournament's at 106 is it a good assumption he will drop back down before regionals

with Saul wrestling all of his preseason tournament's at 106 is it a good assumption he will drop back down before regionals

I expect him and Sheffer to drop down come regionals but my rankings highlight the situation at the given moment

is Eddie from Christian county not wrestling 106 ? middle school state placer good kid would be a shame if he quit or is injured

Sign in to follow this