Sign in to follow this  
Jacketcoach

2014 Kentucky State Folkstyle Tournament

What a joke! We drive two hours to wrestle in a three man bracket. When asked if my son could wrestle in two brackets or if they would combine two three man brackets they don't even consider it. The only option was to get in a couple exhibition matches.

people have to understand you always take a chance at low numbers when you go to spring/summer tournaments, especially when national events go one the same weekend. Coaches do there best to promote it and once there, do best to get everyone matches. Coach Founder goes out of this way to put on great tournaments, but numbers are not in his control. I'm just thankful for all the coaches putting on these tournaments now a days. In my days you had bluegrass state games and that was it, unless you when out of state.

It is my fault Coach Founder didn't allow kids to move. As someone who has ran many tournaments for many years, once you allow kids to wrestle in two weights or age groups you run into problems. 1. Everyone wants to do it and than 2. kids back out because they have to wrestle back to back. Central did a great job hosting. Kudos to Coach Founder and his staff.

And T Reynolds. ...enough is enough with the hate. It was an isolated incident.

It was definately a team effort.  Trackwrestling is a great program.  The whole goal was to keep things moving and get kids matches who came.  Thanks again to All those who helped work it and All those who traveled to come.  I enjoy promoting the great sport I love. 

@ coachteater- I remember those days also.  We used to start on October 15 and it ended last Saturday of State.  There was nothing to do during the summer around home.

It is my fault Coach Founder didn't allow kids to move. As someone who has ran many tournaments for many years, once you allow kids to wrestle in two weights or age groups you run into problems. 1. Everyone wants to do it and than 2. kids back out because they have to wrestle back to back. Central did a great job hosting. Kudos to Coach Founder and his staff. And T Reynolds. ...enough is enough with the hate. It was an isolated incident.

No hate, other than from the mob. I'm seriously relieved there were no additional incidents this weekend.

Sign in to follow this