Sign in to follow this  
wildcat2002

Big 10 preseeds

http://www.intermatwrestle.com/articles/12995

The big ten preseeds are released. I dont know about the rest of you, but I am very excited to see how this turns out prior to nationals.

Yes. Is Isaac Jordan for real? What happens if he grows to 165 next year? How about the Hwt class? I hate that school up North but I love Adam Coon's wrestling. Whoever says that heavies don't have to shoot should watch these athletes compete. Coon and Nelson may not even make the finals. Big Ten Hwt class is the best and deepest class in any conference.

The a Buckeyes under Tom Ryan have always peaked at the right time. I look for them to step up. Logan and Heflin are superb but they really need some others to step up. Stieber and Rutherford rematch will be amazing and I predict a fall by LS.

Two time defending national champ Tony Nelson is a five seed. Amazing how tough this conference is.

I can not wait for the Stieber/Rutherford match. Logan did not look like himself the first go around.

Dont for get returning champ DSJ is a 4 seed. 157, 174, and hwt will be wild!

I think Ervin was injured and fahy stepped in for him. I cant say what the lineup will be this weekend. We will know for sure in a couple days. Regardless who is in the lineup, they will need to wrestle lights out to grab one of the big tens allocations( neither are high enough to get selected with rpi)

http://www.ncaa.com/news/wrestling/article/2014-02-27/ncaa-announces-qualifier-allocations-2014-di-wrestling

Something is up with Ed Ruth. Not sure if he's sick, sucked out, or what the problem is. He's just not performing like he has in the past against lesser competition. Steinhaus may beat him and if he does, Minnesota will win the tournament.

AMENDED

Minnesota did not show up. It's close after day 1 but Penn Statw has the horses to pull away from Iowa. Logan and Retherford tomorrow!!

Man Jesse Delgado is my fav college wrestler to watch.

This has to be a joke!! Watch him run? Watch him dive around looking for an ankle to get a stalemate?

You could have mentioned 200 other wrestler in d1 before him.

This has to be a joke!! Watch him run? Watch him dive around looking for an ankle to get a stalemate?

You could have mentioned 200 other wrestler in d1 before him.

Nick Heflin is mine. Constant attack and he's not afraid to open it up and go for it!

Heflin was jacked , I heard he jumped two weight classes , pretty impressive considering it's said to be impossible to gain more than 12 lbs of solid muscle a yr naturally by a full grown male , not that I believe it or care . He was impressive to say the least .

I agree. Delgado showed zero offense. Great scrambler but i would prefer to see someone attack more than they back up.

Heflin has found a lot more offense with his 2 weight class jump. He used to bore me to tears trying to win 1-0 or 2-1 matches. He is much more comfortable at 197 and will take some chances.

I was actually joking about Heflin. What a snoozefest!! He even had Cael chiding the ref about his stalling. He's a smart wrestler though. Make a mistake and lose position for a split second and Heflin will kill you.

He was 171 his senior if HS cutting from 185. He is jacked though. Coach Ryan gets the upper weights lifting like OSU linebackers. Would have loved to have seen Campalatano (sp) stay around but Hefline will do just fine.

I was actually joking about Heflin. What a snoozefest!! He even had Cael chiding the ref about his stalling. He's a smart wrestler though. Make a mistake and lose position for a split second and Heflin will kill you.

He was 171 his senior if HS cutting from 185. He is jacked though. Coach Ryan gets the upper weights lifting like OSU linebackers. Would have loved to have seen Campalatano (sp) stay around but Hefline will do just fine.

Heflin does has an offense, but its only when hes losing. Good kid and he is jacked!

Big 10 was Awesome!   Some Great Wrestling!  At Ohio State Next year!!!

You can say that again. They have a lot of young talent. Hopefully it all works out.

Heflin does has an offense, but its only when hes losing. Good kid and he is jacked!

You can say that again. They have a lot of young talent. Hopefully it all works out.

It was nice seeing Logan put a beating on retherford. I was waiting for that rematch as soon as the last one ended.

Logan dominated. Not as close a match as the 7-3 score would indicate.

Cincy Moe coach has retired. Heard a strong rumor that J Jaggers could be the next coach there. That would be bad for the Buckeyes.

Logan dominated. Not as close a match as the 7-3 score would indicate.

Cincy Moe coach has retired. Heard a strong rumor that J Jaggers could be the next coach there. That would be bad for the Buckeyes.

I hope not. Having JJ in the room is huge for the buckeyes

Ha ha ha ha that's hillarious all the coaches at moe the last few yrs scheming to get into that spot and it seems to be headed to an out of house guy !!! They should have gotten Root

He started Prodigy after a yr of running a club team in springboro Ohio , he gathered the best youth jr high wrestlers in sw Ohio EVER they won east coast nat as youth came in second to team Jordan their first yr in Ohio , saw him set in the coaches chair at youth state three matches in a row once , Danichek , Adam , Sams , SAM , 75!, 80 , 85 , SAM places 3rd in jr high the same

Weekend wrestling double

Matches on sat , they were unbelievable he gave kids in sw Ohio the opportunity to wrestle outside the state at a ton of national tourneys , young guns North hills in pa , Spartan open in Ill , Tulsa and many more , of course the best rose to the top despite in house parent cliques and all :) Great coaches Waylon Lowe and many more but Waylon a lot in the early yrs , then he brought in the big names Kevin Bracken , Matt Lackey , Teyon Ware , Sam Hazewinkel , Mary Kelly , and of course it got dirty ,

Either way Sam ATM and he remained through thick and thin , no one beat us .

He started Prodigy after a yr of running a club team in springboro Ohio , he gathered the best youth jr high wrestlers in sw Ohio EVER they won east coast nat as youth came in second to team Jordan their first yr in Ohio , saw him set in the coaches chair at youth state three matches in a row once , Danichek , Adam , Sams , SAM , 75!, 80 , 85 , SAM places 3rd in jr high the same

Weekend wrestling double

Matches on sat , they were unbelievable he gave kids in sw Ohio the opportunity to wrestle outside the state at a ton of national tourneys , young guns North hills in pa , Spartan open in Ill , Tulsa and many more , of course the best rose to the top despite in house parent cliques and all :) Great coaches Waylon Lowe and many more but Waylon a lot in the early yrs , then he brought in the big names Kevin Bracken , Matt Lackey , Teyon Ware , Sam Hazewinkel , Mary Kelly , and of course it got dirty ,

Either way Sam ATM and he remained through thick and thin , no one beat us .

lol Delgado didn't get hit for stalling.  He had a strategy to win and it worked.  You don't go 24-2 by backing up and waiting for a stalemate. He thrives in scrambles and keeps his composure late in the match. Real fun to watch.