Sign in to follow this  
Shady-Shady-Shady

What happens if more bad weather comes Friday/Saturday

Noticed that there is a possibility of more snow and ice coming to region two Friday evening and Saturday morning. Is there any contingency plans incase Schools pull transportation busses and institute event cancellations? Region 2 schools have a history to panic if it sees a little snow on the ground/roads. Parents/fans are often given last minute notices on the these plans. Will the athlete still be able to attend if Parents provide transportation and will coaches be required in the corners on the mats in which the School has forbid Coaches to attend? Just wanted to start spreading the word now. I would hate for the Wrestlers to lose out due to the lack of information being put out. Also I know it does not apply to all but some parents will have other plans instead of attending their wrestlers tournament due to it being Valentine’s day ( Sad, Very Sad).  Prior notice may allow those wrestlers to convince their parents for a ride if needed. Just a thought.

If weather causes problems tomorrow night at Nelson County the tournament will begin Saturday morning at LaRue, and be finished Sunday afternoon.

Got it. First we have heard about this. I will start pushing it out in our area. Thank you for the update.

Region 6:

Boone Co. Campbell Co, Kenton Co, and Walton Verona schools are closed today. 

That leaves only two teams in school today in region 6.  Covington Catholic, Covington Holmes and Newport Ind.  Guess they will be Champ and Runner up and third.

Per KHSAA Twitter feed, Region 4 has been postponed until further notice, and Region 5 is delayed 1 hour. It will begin Saturday morning at 9 a.m.

Its not looking good. 

Region 2 is has been cancelled for tonight. Weigh Ins will be Saturday morning from 8 to 9 at LaRue County. Wrestling will start at 9:30. If a delay is needed for weather tomorrow morning, weigh ins will take place at 11-12. If a 5 match issue comes up, wrestling will finish up on Sunday with weigh ins going from 1-2.

Region 6 for tonight and Saturday have been postponed till tomorrow and Sunday.  Wrestling starts Sat. at 1:00p. Finals will be on Sunday, wrestling starts at 2:00p. We get a 1lb allowance on Saturday and 2lbs on Sunday. 

Region 2 is has been cancelled for tonight. Weigh Ins will be Saturday morning from 8 to 9 at LaRue County. Wrestling will start at 9:30. If a delay is needed for weather tomorrow morning, weigh ins will take place at 11-12. If a 5 match issue comes up, wrestling will finish up on Sunday with weigh ins going from 1-2.

Thank you for the quick notice. I will start spreading the information in our area, Paernts/Fans/Boosters Ect..... Thank You Again.

Thank you for the quick notice. I will start spreading the information in our area, Paernts/Fans/Boosters Ect..... Thank You Again.

No Problem. The Region is now checking with schools about transportation issues. Should have a final plan around 3 o'clock this afternoon. My pervious post is what us coaches have been told so far. 

Sign in to follow this