Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Newport

Wow, what a shame!  Coach Middleton has done a great job to build up their m.s. & jv teams at a school that has never had a wrestling program...(at least not in the last 25+ years).  This would be a step in the wrong direction for Kentucky wrestling IMHO.  I hope this is not true.

Newport "WILL" have a team this year. 

I e-mailed coach Middleton a couple of days ago and he said he will probably have a full varsity squad this year.

He is having trouble finding a practice site, but plans on participating varsity and middle school this year.

Newport "WILL" have a team this year. 

I e-mailed coach Middleton a couple of days ago and he said he will probably have a full varsity squad this year.

He is having trouble finding a practice site, but plans on participating varsity and middle school this year.

Do they have any good or exspierenced wrestlers or just rookies??

I don't think there is any problem going on over at Newport about losing their team.  From what I have heard they are ready to go, just sorting out a practice site at the school, but should be up and running at full force this year.

I got an email from their coach yesterday, and they will have a wrestling team...he's not sure how that rumor got started, but it is false.

I got an email from their coach yesterday, and they will have a wrestling team...he's not sure how that rumor got started, but it is false.

......rumors....lol...havent we all heard em...