Sign in to follow this  
Wrestling Dad

According to the Fairfiield results I saw from this weekend, Sean Fauz was at 132.  Will there be a Fauz vs. Ervin match at state, or will he be at 138 for the team?

Of course, since Kentucky does not seed their state tournament, if they were both at 132 you could see two national caliber wrestlers meeting in the quarterfinals. 

Any thoughts on whether this matchup might happen at state?

This would be bigger than Ruschell and Ervin from a couple years ago, and would probably be the biggest match of the year in our state. 

I wouldn't put it on the level of Myers and Cooper from last year though, their matches had EPIC hype for Kentucky wrestling. 

Brock wrestled at 132 their last time out, I haven't heard confirmation here or there and knowing union I don't expect to find that out for certain until regionals. His descent chart would have him at 132 just fine along with Blackwell at 126 and Dezember at 120. Basically Union is going to place him wherever gets the state title, the question comes to which Oxford you want in the lineup really, unless Sheffer can still make 106

Gents, Brock could wrestle 132 to 152 and I feel rather positive the outcome would be the same. I have watched Brock wrestle for several years and he is by far one of the better wrestlers I have seen in quite a while. He is so fundamentally sound and stays so poised even when he is down. Mr. Sean Fauz is exceptional as well and I have only seen him wrestle a couple times but his resume speaks for itself. Folks, I know K. Cooper and S. Myers had some great matches but when do you see two wrestlers of this caliper, “Ervin and Fauz” in a state tourney at the same weight. Two nationally recognized wrestlers in the same weight class in the same state! WHAT? If it does happen for sure, I think Brock pulls it out in the end though. If they are not put on opposite sides of the bracket at state then the committee is robbing the fans of something grand.... I know one thing for sure and that is my happy a## will be driving in from the land of the Hoosiers to watch for sure. I plan on sneaking a bag of popcorn in to so I have something to bite on besides my nails b/c I believe it will be a good one. 

IN_grappler, I agree that Ervin vs Fausz would be a good match. But unfairly putting Ervin at 152 is a going a little too far. Ervin is man, no question, but there is another man at 152 by the last name of Lampe. Not a homer for either one, but I'd put my money on Lampe IF they met at 152. Note the "IF".

• Upvote 2

I give the edge to Brock over Fauz if brock is at 132 And I give the edge to Fauz over Blackwell if he is there. Either match will be well worth the price of admission.

Brock is the number 1 seed at 132 in St. Louis this weekend.

Tough tournament!  Teams from Missouri, Iowa, Illinois...and of course the Kentucky boys!

Trae in a tough weight class with high state placers from Missouri and Iowa, in addition to Trae.  will be fun.

Good luck guys.

Sign in to follow this