Sign in to follow this  
eville dad

Christmas Poll

Christmas Poll  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What is the toughest High School Wrestling Tournament in KY?

• Woodford County
    • Raider Rumble
    • South Oldham Dragon
    • 5 Star Classic
    • Other

I'm not sure its even close the top 6 teams traditionally in KY attend the Rumble.  CC, Union, X, Trinity, Ryle, Woodford Co.

Those 6 by themselves probably would be the best tourney in KY>

WCI has lost its touch a little bit. Dragon was always the toughest tournament of our year outside of state of course. We never went to Rumble or 5star. I would go with Dragon right now. WCI was our second toughest. 

Rumble is a great tournament ! No doubt..... It's just so early that no one has a feel for anything yet... The 5 star was awesome this year.. Honestly.. Yes alot of ranked kids wrestled but anyone that was there had to be impressed with Bucs from West Virginia..Every one of their wrestlers were so technically sound. The silent auctions were pretty darn amazing donaions lol... One had lower arena basketball uk tickets, 2 nights at the Clarion and an autograghed football but all of the baskets were worth well over a hundred with gift cards to Applebees, Fridays and everything in between. The tee shirts were the best I've seen at any non state wrestling tournament it was just a first class tourney with all the trimmings and they ran it so professionally. 23 teams (5 mats) done by 8 pm yep very impressive. The Woodford tourney is just a clash of the titans type tourney with so many teams & states represented. The dragon last year had great matches with mostly top ranked wrestlers but sorry It was so poorly ran that it left a bad taste in many peoples mouths. Just my 2 cents worth. I do remember that Woodfords gym is hot so wear light tee shirts and have your little Johnny drink lots of water and eat bananas and be prepared to step outside to get some cool air. You'll need it ! But still can't wait.....

Sign in to follow this