Sign in to follow this  
Scramble45

Placers at 160lbs

We have all seen the pre-season rankings, but that doesn't account for people who move up or down from other weight classes.  So what is everyone's opnion?

I am actually accounting for a lot of that movement.  I have received a lot of input from wrestlers, coaches, and fans who have info on where guys are planning to go.

There are alot of guy who may place at 160 this year, but none of them will come close to John Wolsiefer of Fern Creek..TOTAL DOMINATION.  I feel sorry for any inexperienced Freshman or Sophomores that get thrown in with him.. somebody call the paramedics.

John and Josh will be another great match this year, I wonder who will really be the next person to compete at 160 or 171, I do not think there are any freshmen or Sophs that will be in the final eight of the State tourney

Are they going to go to different weight clases? I'll be dissapointed to not see them wrestle for the title.  They both have legit shots at beating each other, and as a fan I'd love to see another close matchup.

The same goes for Banks vs Courtny, and Jones vs Starks.

If they are all going different weights to avoid each other, then finals will not be as exciting as last year.

I understand the reasoning for for wanting to dodge a good opponent, so you can win your weight class, but I want to see the sport grow from better competition.  All three of those matchups could go either way, so who ever wants the victory more will earn it, making the individual state champ. victory that much sweeter

Are you region 3 guys talking about placing at state or region?  That seems like a big step up for those guys to place at state.

Region 3 is stepping it up...

Yea. I don't know about placing but PRP's 160 [if he works hard and gets in shape] could be a real force at 160 if he beats the guy that came down from Indiana for varsity.