Sign in to follow this  
Mpire

Good Luck KY Wrestlers

Good luck to all the KY wrestlers this weekend ,particularly those KY boys from Lindsey Wilson headed to Michigan !!!

Not enough spirit on this board ,i know theres  not the numbers that HS has but there are actually a lot of KY young men wrestling in College in and out of the state ,as for D1 these KY schools get plenty of shots against D1 comp in the open tournys .

Don't know most of the KY kids or coaches in college but Coach Ruff seems to be a standup Honest guy best of luck to him and his team this yr .good group of kids he has on his squad not just good wrestlers good spirits ,awesome stuff,very glad my son has the opportunity to be apart of and experience college life there .

• Upvote 1

"Go Time"   Lindsey Wilson.....Tear it up in Michigan.  Awesome competition with a Freshman/Sophomore Division and a Junior/Senior Division.   Coach Ruff, Cross and Pingleton have the nucleus for a National Championship run this year.   Excited to see Stephen go after it Mpire.....I got a feeling he is going to make some major noise early on...and what about Paul Longshore last weekend....fantastic showing.   The team will be heading up to Coach Cross's home plus a few who get to wrestle in their home state....The tournament is loaded with nationally ranked teams and will be a big one for Lindsey Wilson in preparation for a big year....Best of luck to all wrestling this weekend ...."Go Time" Blue Raider Nation....!!!!!

Yeah after looking at the length of the season and what it takes I think its wise to shoot for the big showing in the end of the year freshman will have to adjust to style and some to weight as well as toughness of college wrestling ,great run by Paul last week Lindsey had a lot of guns cooling off on the stands I wouldn't put much bearing on last week as far as a team outlook for them ,nice seeing all the ky kids on that team meeting some I didn't know who are class acts .a well as those I already knew who were

They do have something special going on down there at Lindsey Wilson.....Outstanding coaches focused on the young men....Great group of guys who all get along truly as a team.   Should have a lot to talk about after this tournament.   It is a long season and looking forward to watching them grow.  See you soon...Will be following on trackwrestling here...I hope they have some live feeds as well.  Going to the Michigan State website to check it out....Looks like a bunch of KY favorites will be there like Garth Yenter and Caleb Ervin....Best of luck to Stephen...I got a feeling he might just rock the house !!!

Tough tourny Stephen lost two by one didn't give up a takedown and won one by maj one by tech , most importantly he made weight I would bet each week he gets better and better at 149 he hasn't wrestled or cut that low in a long time , saw some if the fresh Soph from Lindsey doing well as well as some if the others , I will take two and two with 1 point losses in his first college tourny any day time for them to go to work fix and work on what ever little problems they have I'm sure college wrestling is a lot different rules styles etc good luck to them all this yr

The Tigers Roughed up NCAA II Findlay 48-3 today but dropped two duels to NCAA I Clarion 34-3 and Kent State 32-9. Very tough competition and our guys responded well. Against Clarion, Colby Rinehart got a win over NCAA ranked Tyler Bedlyon at 141. Against Kent State Cody Steiner had a win over Gray at 125, Shawn McGhee won at 157 and Marvin Lawrence won at 174. Also, congrats to Freshman Brandon Pledger on his 4th place finish at EMU open at 174 and Sophomore Drew Ferguson on his 8th palce finish at 133. Lots of Tiger Wrestling shirts in the crowd today. Good seeing all of you today and thanks for the support!

Not bad for a Kentucky boy that did not start wrestling until he was a freshman in high school...proud papa!!!

Another former KY wrestler I see is doing well right now is Justin McDaniel. I see on the intermat rankings that he is #14 in the heavy rankings. I saw him at Big Brother duals at Moore and man he looked solid putting on a bunch of weight. Didn't he wrestle 82 in high school? They must have put him on a good weight training program that is working for him. Good luck to him as the season goes on! Making KY proud!