Sign in to follow this  
thegreatgatsby

Region Champs

Which teams will be the champions and runners-up for each region.

Reg. 1: Union Co., Christian Co.

Reg. 2: LaRue Co., North Hardin

Reg. 3: PRP, Bullitt Central

Reg. 4: Trinity, Seneca

Reg. 5: Fern Creek, South Oldham

Reg. 6: Ryle, Simon Kenton

Reg. 7: Woodford Co., Paul Dunbar

Reg. 8: Wayne Co., McCreary Central

Southern Will come out on top in region 3,I beleive we have the potential.But still region 3 is improving and will be a battle this year...

trinity may be a decent dual team, but they wont even touch seneca at regionals... seneca should have at least 8 champions. and the other six champions wont all come from trinity

trinity may be a decent dual team, but they wont even touch seneca at regionals... seneca should have at least 8 champions. and the other six champions wont all come from trinity

Are you serious?  How do you get AT LEAST 8?  If I am very generous and give them the benefit of the doubt in close matches I can't come up with more than 7.  And remember, you score points for other placements after 1st.

The only true favorites that I see in the region are:

103 Martin SEN

112 toss-up

119 Chui SEN

125 Fuller SEN

130 McCain MOORE

135 toss-up

140 Case TRI

145 Condon StX

152 Hitchings TRI

160 toss-up

171 Florence TRI

189 toss-up

215 toss-up

285 toss-up

That's 3 Seneca and 3 Trinity and 5 toss-ups.

Are you serious?  How do you get AT LEAST 8?  If I am very generous and give them the benefit of the doubt in close matches I can't come up with more than 7.  And remember, you score points for other placements after 1st.

103 Martin SEN

112 toss-up

119 Chui SEN

125 Fuller SEN

130 McCain MOORE

135 toss-up

140 Case TRI

145 Condon StX

152 Hitchings TRI

160 toss-up

171 Florence TRI

189 toss-up

215 toss-up

285 toss-up

poulton win at 135

103 Martin SEN

112 toss-up

119 Chui SEN

125 Fuller SEN

130 McCain MOORE

135 toss-up

140 Case TRI

145 Condon StX

152 Hitchings TRI

160 toss-up

171 Florence TRI

189 toss-up

215 toss-up

285 toss-up

Are you serious? How do you get AT LEAST 8? If I am very generous and give them the benefit of the doubt in close matches I can't come up with more than 7. And remember, you score points for other placements after 1st.

103 Martin SEN

112 toss-up

119 Chui SEN

125 Fuller SEN

130 McCain MOORE

135 toss-up

140 Case TRI

145 Condon StX

152 Hitchings TRI

160 toss-up

171 Florence TRI

189 toss-up

215 toss-up

285 toss-up

Colemore has more than enough to put away Mccain, he goes head to head with chiu and fuller, and I would challenge you to show me anyone who doesn't get pinned in our region by warra, and if you want to get back to me and apologize come february u are more than welcome...and even though you are so good at math and counted no less than seven, i however can count no less than nine

Colemore has more than enough to put away Mccain, he goes head to head with chiu and fuller, and I would challenge you to show me anyone who doesn't get pinned in our region by warra, and if you want to get back to me and apologize come february u are more than welcome...and even though you are so good at math and counted no less than seven, i however can count no less than nine

Region 8 will definately be a battle.  But I'm looking for Sheldon Clark to pull it out in the end.  They are returning a lot of great wrestlers and bringing up a lot of talent from the middle school including Matt Slone who placed third at 103 two years ago.  His only loss at the state tournament was to Travis Sullivan.  Their upper weights are going to be stack with Adam Dials, Ryan Kelly, B.J Slone, and Justin Chaffins.

how would there upper wieghts match up with mccreary with watson at 171 roe at 189 watson at 215 and espinoza at heavy

If  Mcrearys upper weights can all make the weihgts you have listed then they will be very good! so is that close to happening or are you just hoping?

Who is coolmore? Did he transfer from ST x ? If so im not impressed! Trinity will have a 130 that will be much improved! and Mccain is tough !

region 4

yeah, mccain is tough. colemore was put out two years ago by justin Smith of moore. not impressive... seneca won't take it easy as they think.

here is moore's line-up, they WILL challenge

103 Brandon soto/ dylan Coomer 8th graders

112 zachary Michael 3 yrs exp. freshmen

119 nick Vincent 3 yrs exp. Sophmore

125 crayton mccain 3 yrs exp. senior 3-2 record against fuller

130 Steven willbanks 3 yrs exp. freshmen 3rd place middle school state 116

135 Chris wise 3 yrs exp. junior

140 Justin smith 3 yrs exp senior injured last year against poulton, beat him first time

145 Justin johnston 2 yrs senior 2nd in region(140) 1-1 against r. wright

152 Jimmy roberts (junior)/jason vikre(sophmore) 3 yrs exp/ 2nd year

160 James schneider 2 yrs. exp 3rd in county

171 Ethan dunn 4 yrs exp. junior

189?

215?

275 Derek farley 1 yr exp. sit year for grades junior

they have quite a few freshmen and new wrestlers, none worth mentioning yet, also have between 30-40 on middle school team. not that that matters yet......

how would there upper wieghts match up with mccreary with watson at 171 roe at 189 watson at 215 and espinoza at heavy

Well at 160 Sheldon Clark has Ricky Burgess who is currently ranked in the top ten.  At 171 they have Adam Dials who is top six along with Ryan Kelly who is also top six at 189 and they have both Justin Chaffins who is top six at 215 and B.J Slone at 215 who is right up there with Justin.  I suppose one of the 215 pounders will go heavy but i'm not sure.  But if you throw in Brandon Howard, Matt Slone, Erik Music (ranked at 145), and a host of other young talent Sheldon Clark will surprise a lot of people this year.

well mccreary has watson who has beat chaffins and slone badly and roe who has beat chaffins espinoza to the heavy wieght and steven watson for dials throw randal stevens 2nd at 152 daniel bowling 4th at 103 derrick corder randy vanover who has beat the 52 from sheldon clark everytime they have wrestled so thats pretty good to

watson 1 at 215

espinoza 5th at HWT

stevens 2nd at 152

steven watson 8th at 189 and is going 171 missed a year or would be higher

vanover 12th at 160

bowling 4th at 103

derrick corder returning from his injury

roe in there at 189 was 4th at 215 till watson took his spot

could be soem really good matches at the regions this year throw wayne county in there and it could get crazy

region 4

yeah, mccain is tough. colemore was put out two years ago by justin Smith of moore. not impressive... seneca won't take it easy as they think.

140 Justin smith 3 yrs exp senior injured last year against poulton, beat him first time

189?

215?

they have quite a few freshmen and new wrestlers, none worth mentioning yet, also have between 30-40 on middle school team. not that that matters yet......

Thank you for trying to tell me what goes on in my own room, since you are in there on such a regular bases and all. To be honest I really dont care what Colemore did two years ago while he wrestled for St. X.  I am going to tell you that whoever that Trinity kid you are all talking about, is gunna get beat (I don"t think you can compare a kid who has hardly any varsity experience{Trinity kid} to the two kids i said earlier who Colemore is about even with Chiu and Fuller, who both placed last year.)

region 4

189?

215?

Im glad moore has more "little people"...last year I had a forfeit everytime.This should be some good competition in duals this year(little people wise).

The trinity 130 im refering to is kenny Watkins a junior who has been to the STATE tournament his freshman and sophomore years ! I hardly call that very little varsity experience and with more dedication to wrestling this summer with camps and physical maturity I feel he will contend for honors in the 4th region!

Colemores first matches back from a broken arm where against Tyler Martin and Justin Smith. He had a broken arm=no strength, no conditioning...he recovered and was back as soon as POSSIBLE and thats beside the fact he was cutting 10-15 pounds each week and had to make weight every day. You might not remember but that match was lost because of his poor conditioning just like his matches at state. He hung in there with martin though which was very impressive. After that season he hit the weights and hes a lot stronger but i dont really know about his conditioning because he doesnt go to saint x anymore but before he left ladst year he was in good shape...If he really does go toe to toe with Fuller and Chiu which would be believable if you knew him then he will for sure turn heads this season...

well region8matman think what u want and we will see the outcome of this region mmcreary is tougher then it has ever been and with all of the guys on wieght we are hitting on all cylinders now could be some great matchups in the lower wieghts and if wayne eliminates enough of sheldon clarks lower wieghts early they will be in toruble come finals time when they match up with mccrearys line up on the top and (three it is not hoping for that lineup thats what it will be)